What's a Hoya ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

What's a Hoya ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Not happy with the start. 2 shots not close, then lose the rebound on the ensuing G-town possession.
  2. We're really missing Clingan. Rebounding is down, but more importantly, teams have been taking advantage of our porous D in the paint.
  3. Two shot clock violations in the first 12 minutes? Way too much passing around the perimeter with too little cutting to the hoop.
  4. AK is the master of the unexpected three. Looks like he's looking for someone to pass it to, and boom-three pointer from 5 feet behind the line. Does it at least once a game.
  5. Took us until there was 3:27 in the half to build a double digit lead.
  6. At the half, our bench had 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 block, 1 TO and 4 fouls (3 on Diarra). And no points.
  7. Great play by AK 5 minutes into the 2nd half with him and Heath fighting for the ball as it went out of bounds, and he reached out and tapped it off Heath.
  8. 13:32 Diarra knocked the ball off Heath's(?) shin. Ref got the call absolutely wrong.
  9. The whole deal that ended at 6:32, with the double tech, missed free throws, scuffle for the board, and Cam throwing it behind a breaking Tristen was a major cluster something-or-other.
  10. I thought I was tuning in for a basketball game, not a @#$%^ whistle-fest.
  11. I think that at least for the rest of this season, I'm just going to call it a Diarra when someone finds or creates a wide open lane to the hoop from 3 point territory, and goes in for an unmolested lay-up. He seems to do it at least once a game.
  12. Is it me, or has Newton lost his shooting touch since the Holidays? Since the SJU game, he's shooting 20.6% from the floor. Prior to that game, he was at 42.5,
  13. Stewart was impressive today in minimal minutes. A bucket, a block, 3 boards and some timely defense.
  14. 18 assists on 24 buckets compared to G-town's 4 dimes on 17 buckets.
  15. I'll take 54/51/76 shooting percentages any day of the week. Especially compared to 34/25 & 76 for the other team. So how could it only have been a 13 point win? Could their 13 more FT attempts (10 makes) have something to do with it?
  16. We relied so heavily on two guys for most of our point production, that it never seemed like the rest of the team was in sync, and I didn't really feel comfortable until Diarra's lay-up with 2:30left

Reaction Score
  1. Not happy with the start. 2 shots not close, then lose the rebound on the ensuing G-town possession.
  2. We're really missing Clingan. Rebounding is down, but more importantly, teams have been taking advantage of our porous D in the paint.
  3. Two shot clock violations in the first 12 minutes? Way too much passing around the perimeter with too little cutting to the hoop.
  4. AK is the master of the unexpected three. Looks like he's looking for someone to pass it to, and boom-three pointer from 5 feet behind the line. Does it at least once a game.
  5. Took us until there was 3:27 in the half to build a double digit lead.
  6. At the half, our bench had 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 block, 1 TO and 4 fouls (3 on Diarra). And no points.
  7. Great play by AK 5 minutes into the 2nd half with him and Heath fighting for the ball as it went out of bounds, and he reached out and tapped it off Heath.
  8. 13:32 Diarra knocked the ball off Heath's(?) shin. Ref got the call absolutely wrong.
  9. The whole deal that ended at 6:32, with the double tech, missed free throws, scuffle for the board, and Cam throwing it behind a breaking Tristen was a major cluster something-or-other.
  10. I thought I was tuning in for a basketball game, not a @#$%^ whistle-fest.
  11. I think that at least for the rest of this season, I'm just going to call it a Diarra when someone finds or creates a wide open lane to the hoop from 3 point territory, and goes in for an unmolested lay-up. He seems to do it at least once a game.
  12. Is it me, or has Newton lost his shooting touch since the Holidays? Since the SJU game, he's shooting 20.6% from the floor. Prior to that game, he was at 42.5,
  13. Stewart was impressive today in minimal minutes. A bucket, a block, 3 boards and some timely defense.
  14. 18 assists on 24 buckets compared to G-town's 4 dimes on 17 buckets.
  15. I'll take 54/51/76 shooting percentages any day of the week. Especially compared to 34/25 & 76 for the other team. So how could it only have been a 13 point win? Could their 13 more FT attempts (10 makes) have something to do with it?
  16. We relied so heavily on two guys for most of our point production, that it never seemed like the rest of the team was in sync, and I didn't really feel comfortable until Diarra's lay-up with 2:30left

On #9, it wasn't just that break we messed up, there were also a couple others. Something to work on.

Reaction Score
Cooley should be ashamed. 4 assists is just pathetic. Fairly comfortable win. Never got closer than 6. Karaban just hits daggers, Spencer too.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Cooley should be ashamed. 4 assists is just pathetic. Fairly comfortable win. Never got closer than 6. Karaban just hits daggers, Spencer too.
Cooley was laser-focused on getting an extra 2-3 fouls per player, from the beginning of the game. It helped his team to throw UConn off, beat the spread, and get some people here worried & complaining.

The overall affect of fully bumping bodies showed up most in the offensive rebounding and turnover margins, and how long Cook got to stay on the court. As with Pitino and Miller, the strategy fell short, and made some of us feel like we were wasting our time watching something unpleasant & disjointed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom