What would happen if we won the National Championship this year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What would happen if we won the National Championship this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Might snow in July too.
It happened, in 1813, in Connecticut.

Huge volcanic eruption in Central America caused temperatures in the northern hemisphere to drop as much as 20° F below normal for months. A dusk like reddish haze hung in the air even during midday hours. European historians called it the "year without a summer."

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It’s threads like these that make me wonder if maybe we should talk more about the Lady Huskies over here.
Maybe we need a thread with cute puppy pics and videos?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
OMG no puppies and kittens just set deep off.
shutterstock_189974771.jpg

Trigger warning.

Reaction Score
If UConn wins the national championship then Ollie probably keeps his job. Probably.

Reaction Score
Hell would freeze over and the earth would proceed to implode in on itself, that or at least Husky Nation. I do not think fans, or the general college basketball populance at large would know what to do with themselves.

Reaction Score
All it would take is to win 4 games in the AAC tourney and most likely 7 games in the NCAA (the play in round). It would take a miracle but there is a chance, a less then 1 percent chance probably but still a chance.
We would not be in the playin game, were not the bad

Reaction Score
if we win the national championship this year, I will get the new logo tattooed across my chest and stomach as well as an image of KO coaching a younger version of himself, playing, over my entire back. I'll also get the link to the-boneyard across my forehead.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
If we won the Dance, we would never get to raise the banner. Everyone would figure we had to have cheated...

Reaction Score
All it would take is to win 4 games in the AAC tourney and most likely 7 games in the NCAA (the play in round). It would take a miracle but there is a chance, a less then 1 percent chance probably but still a chance.

0% chance. Because if UConn were to win 4 games in the AAC tournament they would only need to win 6 games in the NCAA tournament. There's no way UConn would be one of the last four teams in the dance thus required to play in the play-in game. They would add at least two quality wins, and they would likely be a 14 seed.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
All the KO haters would commit suicide
then again............................
Just kidding.........................

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
0% chance. Because if UConn were to win 4 games in the AAC tournament they would only need to win 6 games in the NCAA tournament. There's no way UConn would be one of the last four teams in the dance thus required to play in the play-in game. They would add at least two quality wins, and they would likely be a 14 seed.

Who knows why we’re all still discussing this, but UGA in ‘08 seems to be the closest parallel.

2008 SEC Men's Basketball Tournament - Wikipedia

Reaction Score
The news would be trumped by a worldwide epidemic of monkeys flying out of people's asses.

Reaction Score
The whole concept would be more interesting if Alterique were coming back and Vance Jackson were still here. Then we’d have the right pieces on paper to field a competitive team.

Reaction Score
Would require that the NCAA passes a rule to allow ex-NBA players to finish any remaining eligibility and allow them to play on their former teams. Ray Allen, Okafor and RIP all return for a final season.
It has been a bad few months for UConn fans. A downright terrible few months. But one of the absolute highlights is the fact that "ex-NBA player" is a title that only applies to 2 of those 3 guys.

Reaction Score
The whole concept would be more interesting if Alterique were coming back and Vance Jackson were still here. Then we’d have the right pieces on paper to field a competitive team.

Really hot take there - if we had a better team we'd have a better shot at the national championship. I'll pass it on to KO.

I kid, I kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01