What would be YOUR 1st question to a prospective coach? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What would be YOUR 1st question to a prospective coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am literally LOL at some of the Qs. Good stuff.

Let me flip it -- what's our answer to HIS first Qs

Are you committed to winning at FB here? If so, why haven't you? Can I freely bring on football players who can lead us to victory or are we commited to bringing in RKGs who pick us over CAA schools and get plenty of vitamin D?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Mine would be do you intend to win from day one? Not like winning at breakfast and study hall but actual games. I never want to hear a coach ever again about building a house and pouring a foundation again. All that is is happy horse manure for "I will dumb down expectations, so that when I make a minor bowl you'll look at me as a savior".

I want a coach to evaluate the players already here and then go from there. Diaco's 1st year was a total waste, you have to respect the people you expect to buy tickets more than that.

Oh, I came across a gem of a quote from Manuel when announcing his Diaco hire. Have a read, a chuckle, a cry...whatever you need to do. We all know all the "2014 season" played out.

UConn hires ND coordinator Diaco as coach

He also said that while he will have some patience with the new coach, the job comes with expectations.

"This is being done so we can start winning next year, not four years from now," he said

Reaction Score
I want to know how he is going to recruit a QB that will lead the team into the future.

Next I would ask him if he thought aerial yoga was an innovative conditioning method. If he says yes, then I pass.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
2 questions:
1. How familiar are you with the talent available on this team?
2. How are you going to utilize this talent to produce a competative/ winning team?

I would expect any HC candidate would be able to answer these questions with clarity because they did their homework before interviewing. If not, and we only here standard "coach speak", shown him the door! Not what we are looking for.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Who are your five best returning weapons on offense?

How do you plan to get them touches?

Reaction Score
That's as big of a softball as you'll get. (The OP)

There are probably better first questions, but I would say "Pretend I'm a HS quarterback that you think can be a 3-4 year starter. Tell me why I should pick UConn"
That may be a softball question but the more I think about year one the angrier I get. What a total waste of a,hire this has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom