What was the Boneyard Like? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

What was the Boneyard Like?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
For the life of me, I can't remember the mojo goddess' name. Is @zymurg still around? I think he'd remember.

Reaction Score
The Toto site was the best site we had. People weren't anonymous but they were still passionate. Arguments got ugly at times, like siblings arguing, but we all eventually learned to get along. I made some great friends on that site and some of them have since passed away.

One of the older members (Papa K) gave me some sage advice which convinced me to name my first son after my father, who passed away when I was a junior at UConn.

If this is referring to who I think it is, Papa K has recently moved back to CT from FL. I'm his brood but a few generations removed.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Yes

I remember that tennis match. I have never been a volume poster but through each iteration a volume reader.

Not that it's a big deal but; when we moved to this platform my handle, which was DConn, wasn't available. I haven't seen one post from that handle on this board. Oh well.

I remember a fake doctor fake diagnosing Mel's back with ridiculous long words. He was wrong and never to be heard from again.

And we took it all.

DConn is available. I can change your name, if you’d like. Personally, I think Ewecon is more creative.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
If this is referring to who I think it is, Papa K has recently moved back to CT from FL. I'm his brood but a few generations removed.

He's one of the all-time great UConn fans. He used to sponsor "Husky Road Trips" to away games, via plane or bus. We enjoyed the good fortune of going on one of his trips. We got to see Big Jake Voskuhl set the most hellacious back court pick I've ever seen in my entire life. The Georgetown player victimized by that pick never saw it coming. Jake flattened him like a pancake while standing completely still.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

A “few” generations? How old is he?

Reaction Score
A “few” generations? How old is he?

He was already a grandfather when the Dream season happened, although a spry one. If me or any of my contemporaries would have any kids like a normal generation would have already had at this point he'd be a great grandfather.

He's one of the all-time great UConn fans. He used to sponsor "Husky Road Trips" to away games, via plane or bus. We enjoyed the good fortune of going on one of his trips. We got to see Big Jake Voskuhl set the most hellacious back court pick I've ever seen in my entire life. The Georgetown player victimized by that pick never saw it coming. Jake flattened him like a pancake while standing completely still.

Rumor has it there is another Husky Road Crew game in the works now that he's more local. I forget which he game he was talking about, though. I sent him a message to ask.

Reaction Score
You can't be more than 2 generations removed. Which one of the infamous clan are you the offspring of? Junior, the lawyer or the politician?

Reaction Score
He was already a grandfather when the Dream season happened, although a spry one. If me or any of my contemporaries would have any kids like a normal generation would have already had at this point he'd be a great grandfather.

Rumor has it there is another Husky Road Crew game in the works now that he's more local. I forget which he game he was talking about, though. I sent him a message to ask.
I can see him being a great grandfather now as I know at least one grandkid started college several years ago but I would think the great grandkids would still be too young to post here.

I could never go on one of those trips but I would love to go on one now. I just wish Jack and Annie were still with us.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I seem to remember using a boneyard predecessor in the early 90's while dialing in on prodigy. Is that possible?

I don't recall one, but could be wrong. Back in 94-96 I had the luxury of a free account due to running trivia games, and I think I would've found it. Prodigy and Compuserve were pretty much all I had for "internet" when I moved to Mexico. Pretty much knew all the sports forums available and don't recall a UConn forum. I know I looked for one.

My first exposure to early BY iterations was in late 90s when I was working in Boston area and I believe my handle here was QuincyRich. I traveled a ton and recall always having a conflict whenever there was something I wanted to attend. I recall some of the names and found people here very odd...

I dropped out for some years after moving to Pittsburgh. The storrsroars name was a carryover from the old ESPN boards.

Reaction Score
As I recall, back in the mid to late 90's, my memory on dates is not the greatest, you could post and choose whatever handle you wanted to go by, each and every time. Pat Summitt used to post messages, as did Jimmy Carter, E. Howard Hunt, Joe Lapchick, and Willis Read. Lol

Reaction Score
What happened to GO UConn? I think that was his handle. He would write the most incredibly hilarious and offensive musings and all things sports.

Reaction Score
No player deserved the venom and volume of criticism Taliek had thrown at him. He wasn’t a perfect player, but he didn’t deserve most of the crap tossed his way.
Agree with the venom part but Taliek couldn't shoot and when he penetrated he rarely finished and if he was fouled he missed his FTs. He was an offensive liability and that is where all the criticism originated. It was when the criticism became personal that it became distasteful.
On defense he was tenacious and nobody ever questioned his desire and effort.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What happened to GO UConn? I think that was his handle. He would write the most incredibly hilarious and offensive musings and all things sports.
He is still here, under @G0UCONN. Mostly posts on other boards now.

Reaction Score

Hey Boog, still around. Not much on the hoops board these days as not much to say with the current state of the team. Is what it is....

Reaction Score
Hey Boog, still around. Not much on the hoops board these days as not much to say with the current state of the team. Is what it is....

If these people only knew about the professional interactions we've had over the last few years, their heads would spin. Inmates running the asylum....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom