What success will look like for the remainder of this season. | The Boneyard

What success will look like for the remainder of this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Those thinking all is now fixed are going to be sadly disappointed. There is some structural dammage here and these kids probably realize a bowl is off the table. This OL is really sick and I just don't know how it gets fixed on the quick. Moreover, we simply do not have a quality RB to ride. Sorry, we just don't.

Here is what I think success looks like:
  • Some Ws. Maybe .500 ball or something like it given what's on the schedule.
  • Competitive and intense - all the time. No more Towson or Buffalo.
  • Hold onto the current verbal commitments and build some recruiting momentum for the new HC.
  • It gets fun again for the players and the fans.
  • Our OL drives someone off the line of scrimmage.
Much has been lost with this season to date. The goal now is to simply stabalize the ship and have some fun. And we fans need to be in the stands and support this program.

Reaction Score
Hey if we beat USF we'll be first in the conference! Cuse has made tshirts for less.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
we're going to be better from day 1, we're going to play harder and smarter so the sky is the limit

Reaction Score
What if we go 5-3. Win the conference. But can't go bowling? LOLOLOL

Reaction Score
Keep the recruits. Who cares about the rest.

I think that is an impossible task. Any time there is a coaching change, there is attrition, both on the current roster, and recruits.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Fixing the three primary issues on offense
- Getting push in the running game
- Better protection of the QB
- Said QB throwing it to the other team less often

Fixing the three primary issues on defense
- Containing the outside runs
- Pressuring the QB
- Better tackling from the LB's

Beat USF, Temple, Memphis, and two of RU, UCF, UL, SMU and Cincy. If TJ wants any shot at the job, beat three of those last five.

Reaction Score
Success would be going 6-2 or 5-3. Intensity level, will to win, toughness, need to go way up. Alot more "play every play like it's your last play" than we have been seeing.

Reaction Score
TJ has said everything right. Simplify, execution and passion. First, allows second, and second brings confidence, and the last requires faith in the system, coaches and teammates.

If he follows through, we'll see an entirely different team and Ws will follow. My prediction, we beat L'ville. You heard it here first. I think we go 5-3 rest of the way with team getting better every week.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Perhaps this is the wrong thread to throw this out there, but whether is Boyle, Whitmer or Cochran starting against USF, I trust Weist's choice.

And if Boyle is outplaying them in practice, then forget the redshirt, its time to play.

Reaction Score
Perhaps this is the wrong thread to throw this out there, but whether is Boyle, Whitmer or Cochran starting against USF, I trust Weist's choice.

And if Boyle is outplaying them in practice, then forget the redshirt, its time to play.

I have no idea the leadership qualities of the 3 qbs above. But I think a permanent change here could really ignite the offense. Naming Boyle the starter would be a bold move - something this offense desperately needs.

And I want open competition on the offensive line. Start rotating players in, see who wants to play. See who will step up when thrown into a game. There is absolutely nothing to lose.

And please, can we see more Marquis Vann at LB? Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom