What really burns | The Boneyard

What really burns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
my rear is all the years that ND sucked and leached off of the BE, they wait until their football is playing well and then take off to the ACC. I detest ND and their $$ grubbing ways.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
my rear is all the years that ND sucked and leached off of the BE, they wait until their football is playing well and then take off to the ACC. I detest ND and their $$ grubbing ways.

For salt in the wounds...they're doing it with a coach they took from a Big East team.

I think college football is more interesting when Notre Dame is relevant.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't a win tomorrow be nice? I think so.

It's really fairly simple. A win tomorrow stretches the season on, past our off week and at least through the next two games. Because, while this season isn't going to meet expectations, when you can get to 6-6 and a minor bowl, you want to. if we lose tomorrow, there will be almost nothing left to talk about going forward except about the longevity of our staff. And I'm not sure how many will be bothering to stop on the boneyard even for that.

Reaction Score
Hey Biz I never complain about the team,coaches, Edsall or anything else. So I feel entitled to bit@@h about anything I want . This board has become barely tolerable about something no one can do anything about, so why I am I not allowed.
I go to every game, get there early, stay to the end. I feel everyones' pain about the team.

PS I enjoy your view from Sec 241.

PPSS I detest ND and their fans.

Reaction Score
It's really fairly simple. A win tomorrow stretches the season on, past our off week and at least through the next two games. Because, while this season isn't going to meet expectations, when you can get to 6-6 and a minor bowl, you want to. if we lose tomorrow, there will be almost nothing left to talk about going forward except about the longevity of our staff. And I'm not sure how many will be bothering to stop on the boneyard even for that.

BL - you're better than that. A win or loss tomorrow, does absolutely nothing to change the length of the season.

Reaction Score
Hey Biz I never complain about the team,coaches, Edsall or anything else. So I feel entitled to bit@@h about anything I want . This board has become barely tolerable about something no one can do anything about, so why I am I not allowed.
I go to every game, get there early, stay to the end. I feel everyones' pain about the team.

Notre Dame is a parasite, and all they did was find a new host. In many biologic parasitic/host relationships there is a symbiosis by which both parasite and host are benefitted by the arrangement. Notre Dame would have you believe this is the case. It is not, and was not with the Big East, and it is not with the ACC.

Because Notre Dame is really a parasite, but not one that generates a symbiotic relationship with it's host in athletics. Notre Dame is more like a virus. The host becomes inoculated with the virus, and the virus takes over and uses the host cellular machinery, to build itself for it's own purposes.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame is a parasite, and all they did was find a new host. In many biologic parasitic/host relationships there is a symbiosis by which both parasite and host are benefitted by the arrangement. Notre Dame would have you believe this is the case. It is not, and was not with the Big East, and it is not with the ACC.

Because Notre Dame is really a parasite, but not one that generates a symbiotic relationship with it's host in athletics. Notre Dame is more like a virus. The host becomes inoculated with the virus, and the virus takes over and uses the host cellular machinery, to build itself for it's own purposes.

tHANKS Carl, you said it better than I ever could.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm pissed because ND is coached by a manslaughterer who got off scott-free.

Reaction Score

Don't misinterpret -- you are free to be burned by whatever you want to. I am only speaking for myself, but for myself, I don't give a crap about anything else in this stupid sport until we win a game.

Reaction Score
Not an ND apoligist but this parasite talk always cracks me up. The bottom line is ND was in the BE all those years because a significant majority of BE presidents thought that the BE was getting at least as much out of the relationship as they were giving. Even today if ND decided it wanted to stay in the BE rather than go to the ACC, I'm sure the BE would be fine with that. They did not play FB in the conference but then they also got no FB money. If we could could fine some media outlet for MBB & WBB that paid us significantly more than we get from the BE while giving us access to the tournament based on our poll standing we would take it. In the sports ND did play in the conference they were certainly in the top half as far as competition goes. More importantly they provided the conference with another national brand in those sports.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They are a parasite that is at #3 in the computer rankings with a lot of systems that rank them #1. I'd love to be that kind of parasite.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Who cares?

You are the one who started a thread on Notre Dame. My bad for attempting to comment on football.

Now back to your regularly scheduled bitching about Notre Dame's conference affiliation.

Reaction Score
What really burns me is that our season has been such a disapointment to date that we are seeing more than the normal number (which is more than enough) ND, BC, ESPN, etc SUCK threads on this board! If NBC doesn't come across with mega-bucks I shudder to think what might happen.

Reaction Score
You are the one who started a thread on Notre Dame. My bad for attempting to comment on football.

Now back to your regularly scheduled bitching about Notre Dame's conference affiliation.
#1. I didn't start the thread.
#2. I was only referring to the fact that you were talking about ND.
#3. No offense meant to you.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The history of the Big East and UConn football would have changed dramatically for the better if Notre Dame was kicked out of the conference 3-4 years ago.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
whaler ... fighting all over the internet.

Yes mixing up who started a thread is 'fighting'. In a thread about ND I pointed out they have a good football team - that is wildly aggressive.

Reaction Score
Those Whalers jerseys from all years were amongst the most beautiful jerseys ever made. From Pucky to the silver. What's really cool about the last home jersey is the amount of silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom