What players in UConn history... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What players in UConn history...

Reaction Score
Maybe Norman Bailey, not too much as a freshman but left middle of junior year at 14-15ppg. Heck of a physical talent but had a dubious nickname.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
It's a matter of perspective I guess. If you are just looking at greatest percentage improvement in numbers, then no. When you look at numbers like field goal %, it doesn't reflect that his offensive game expanded tremendously from his frosh to junior year. He played within himself as a freshman, and didn't take shots he couldn't make. But the variety and range in his game was far superior as a junior.

As I said, he was good as a freshman. His floor was obviously way higher than the guys on these thread. But he went from good to one of the best collegiate centers of all time. His ceiling was otherworldly. I know everyone likes to pick Kemba as best all time Husky, but I've always though it was Okafor. The only college player I've seen as dominant on both ends as him in the last 15 or so years was Anthony Davis. jmo tho

When people look at these lists, they always pick the least quality player who became good. But you can look at good players who became great, and show just as much improvement. Same reason Kemba could be on this list. Matter of definition.

Emeka definitely was more "dominant" than Kemba, I agree with that, and he often gets overlooked bc (a) he wasn't a transcendent, or even our best, scorer, and (b) his teams had tons of talent and expectations.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Adrien? He was a beast as a freshman. My only complaint..he didn't get enough PT.

It would've been tough to find him more minutes his first year, considering we had Armstrong and Boone manning the front court. I suppose it wouldn't have hurt to move him ahead of Ed Nelson in the rotation. If that happened, we wouldn't have seen anywhere near as many pump fakes though.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It would've been tough to find him more minutes his first year, considering we had Armstrong and Boone manning the front court.

Fair enough, but I do remember Jeff going for 17/7 against George Mason, while Armstrong/Boone combined for 14/9.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Facey by far. He went from useless to decent.

Reaction Score
Jake Voskuhl.
It's funny because Jake was part of a package deal with Michael Leblanc, who was considered a much better prospect. Leblanc never worked out and Jake ended up being an enormous piece of a championship team. Funny how things work out sometimes. Got to meet Jake a few years ago, what a great down to earth guy too.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Hilton Armstrong. He was a body, he was five fouls, he was an afterthought. That kid worked his ass off, perservered and made himself into a damn good player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom