What Nneka Ogwumike Thinks About Playing For Geno [merged thread] | The Boneyard

What Nneka Ogwumike Thinks About Playing For Geno [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From Jim Fuller's article:

"He is very honest and very direct and I appreciate that," said Ogwumike, who averaged 7.5 points and 4.8 rebounds to help the U.S. win the 2014 FIBA World Championship for Women. "A lot of times you might be with coaches who might not want to connect on a personal level but he is personable but also relates to your concerns as a player and that is one thing I really appreciate.

"I was able to play with people I usually play against. It helps me realize that I keep getting invited to these camps and there is a reason I am here. Geno put in perfectly when we were in Maryland last year that 'there is always a reason why you are here but there may not be a reason why we cut you.' It is one thing I have made very important in the process and I hope that there are very small things that I can do to help that team get another (Olympic) gold medal."

[LINK] to full article.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
'there is always a reason why you are here but there may not be a reason why we cut you.'
There's a guy in Florida who doesn't get this....

JS

Reaction Score
When did Dishes change to be either or positive or negative comments on a Person? I've always equates dishes to negative comments. Noticed Jim has been using it lately on positive comments.
Simply means to gossip, i.e. engage in informal or idle chatter about someone.

Granted, gossip may tend to be negative, but it can be positive too: "The gossip around the office is that he's in line for promotion."

And as far as idle chatter, Geno is more often, in these parts, the subject of idol chatter.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
...Geno is more often, in these parts, the subject of idol chatter.
upload_2015-5-31_18-18-7.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-5-31_18-17-32.png
    upload_2015-5-31_18-17-32.png
    483.8 KB · Views: 23

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Simply means to gossip, i.e. engage in informal or idle chatter about someone.

Granted, gossip may tend to be negative, but it can be positive too: "The gossip around the office is that he's in line for promotion."

And as far as idle chatter, Geno is more often, in these parts, the subject of idol chatter.

Dishes v. disses.

Reaction Score
Where would we be without segues? And I don't mean the scooter.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
As it was, is now, and ever shall be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads