WHAT IS WRONG WITH KML? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

WHAT IS WRONG WITH KML?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was reading something from a girl (or woman) who sounds as if she's a New York Liberty ticket holder who commented on the game and she had some interesting views. She was quite complimentary about Moriah (in particular) and Breanna, as well. She had some good things to say about Morgan too but her comments about KML weren't nearly as favorable. I'll try and bring it up here. I get the impression she was pulling for St. John's but admired the Huskies. It's a little long but, insightful. http://www.swishappeal.com/2015/1/5...015-breanna-stewart-morgan-tuck-uconn-huskies

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
OK, so we are going down the list faster then I can read. I'm still with Chong, or is it Stokes? Actually, were we not talking about KML a month ago? Yes, it was the weight thing. There is always something about that woman that keep us returning and returning and returning to her.

Before I reply to this post, I am wondering...did you mean to use an emoji?? Can't quite figure out your angle here....

Reaction Score
Difference this year in KML may be changing role - last year, she alternated and with Stef outside, she played around the basket and flowed in and out of the corners. This year, with Tuck a giant inside, K's presence would louse up spacing and create a stronger closer defense with more inside defenders. So she is spending more ttime flowing around the perimeter.

Reaction Score
"There you go again." Ronald Reagan
Geno constantly says, "If your shots aren't falling do something else to help your team." Kaleena IS doing other things to help her team. If you need to nitpick then ask, "What's wrong with the bench?"

Reaction Score
Was it Clint Eastwood who said "Go ahead, make my day" ? ....if you face guard KLM on the perimeter then we have the equivalent of 4 on 4 man on man. That opens up the penetration off the dribble for Kia and Mo Jeff and/or takes away the weak side underneath help against Stewie and Tuck. You gotta think Geno would be licking his chops.

Reaction Score
Before I reply to this post, I am wondering...did you mean to use an emoji?? Can't quite figure out your angle here....

It's in my head no doubt, but just about every month we pick a player to whip. I recalled clearly around this time last year that many were calling for Bria to be benched: she couldn't shoot, was out of control, took too many shots, were never PG material, etc. I'm not saying we shouldn't inquire about a player-- clearly, Jefferson, Stewart, etc had to climb out of some valleys early on (and could fall back again), but we slip too easily into questions about worthiness: is she good enough. as advertised.......

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
It's in my head no doubt, but just about every month we pick a player to whip. I recalled clearly around this time last year that many were calling for Bria to be benched: she couldn't shoot, was out of control, took too many shots, were never PG material, etc. I'm not saying we shouldn't inquire about a player-- clearly, Jefferson, Stewart, etc had to climb out of some valleys early on (and could fall back again), but we slip too easily into questions about worthiness: is she good enough. as advertised..

Okay, now I not only get it, I agree with you 100%!

Reaction Score
Every poster is entitled to his or her opinion, but I must say that my own opinion is that this thread is kind of silly.

Opposing coaches, when playing a team with as many offensive weapons as this one, are confronted with brutally tough choices as to how to most effectively deploy their defenses. Lately, and especially in the St. John's game, the decision has been to focus heavily on KML, picking her up at mid-court, faceguarding her, etc. Given KML's deadly shooting skills, and the momentum-building effect draining 3's accomplishes for any team, this is an understandable strategy. Naturally, however, teams must pay an inevitable price elsewhere for making that decision, as St. John's did.

Clearly, on a powerful and well-balanced team, any player who draws that kind of defensive attention is contributing to the team's success simply in that way, by being the object of disproportionate attention. That, in itself, is both a tribute and a hefty contribution. But, in the case of KML, her floor skills, her assists, her screens, her rebounds, and her blocking out all add considerably to the overall effort. Given the minutes she gets, whether she's scoring much or not, I'd have to say that Geno must concur with this sentiment.

No player can truly match up with Stewie, so coaches opt for just trying to rough her up. No player can match Mo's quickness. Morgan is a handful down low. If you were the opposing coach, on whom would you place your defensive focus?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Absolutely nothing wrong with KML. Different teams have chosen to attempt to stop CT by stopping different players. However, we have people capable of scoring 20+ at every starting position.

Reaction Score
Strikes me that KML may be experiencing what has happened to many professional athletes as they try to reach milestones (e.g., 500 home runs, 3000 hits). Feeling the pressure of trying too hard!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Difference this year in KML may be changing role - last year, she alternated and with Stef outside, she played around the basket and flowed in and out of the corners. This year, with Tuck a giant inside, K's presence would louse up spacing and create a stronger closer defense with more inside defenders. So she is spending more ttime flowing around the perimeter.
hmmm- that is a great point. Probably also goes back to us wanting to exploit our best possible makchups as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom