What is Calapari's "trick"? Am I paranoid | The Boneyard

What is Calapari's "trick"? Am I paranoid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There was an article where Calapari mentioned a "tweek" to the Kentucky strategy.

Could it be something as weird as having twins switch jerseys at half-time? When playing at full speed, can players tell them apart?

It seems unlikely, but....

Definitely doomed.

Reaction Score
Twins i thought that Harrison kid was so good i was seeing double? .....well we're doomed

caw

Reaction Score
His tweak was to tell them to stop shooting and just drive recklessly into the lane and everyone go for the rebound. Before they shot some jumpers.

Reaction Score
Something about adding an extra weak-side rebounder on offense to corral more of the misses from their sorry excuse of a halfcourt offense.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
their game plan is the same game plan I used to coach my nephews 8-9 youth basketball team. never shoot, drive to the lane, huck the ball up and if you miss get the rebound.

Reaction Score
Yep. He's taken his extremely basic offense and dumbed it down even more. They make no decisions now, unless your name is James Young every time you catch the ball your putting your head down and driving to the rim. No more "maybe I'll shoot a J, maybe I'll pass". They haven't looked hesitant or indecisive in quite a while because they only have one objective when they have the ball in their hands.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
UK actually has under reported their players heights. They are actually taller and bigger than we previously thought. So much height, and tallness.

Please don't misunderstand when I say this, I LOVE Amidah & he is only gonna get better, but would you all take 5 Brimahs over a Bazz, a Neils, a Ryan & (yes) even a Tyler? NOT ME!

Reaction Score
Probably told them he's leaving for the NBA after this season...

(Oh wait, that's my secret wish...)

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
There was an article where Calapari mentioned a "tweek" to the Kentucky strategy.

Could it be something as weird as having twins switch jerseys at half-time? When playing at full speed, can players tell them apart?

It seems unlikely, but....

Definitely doomed.
Cal is putting on the jersey bad hip and all so they will go 6 on 5 for short stretches of the game. Its in an agreement between Emmert and Cal

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
His trick? He's at Calipari's hotel waiting for him to return after the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom