What if we change head coaches? | The Boneyard

What if we change head coaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey guys, just wondering what thoughts were. Should Manuel pull the string and make a change at the top, do we change philosophy and go after an offensive minded HC instead of a guy that was defensive minded? I know Edsall and Coach P are defensive guys, which define UCONN football at the FBS level, but before that wasn't Skip Holtz an offensive guy? Just wondering what thoughts are on this?

Personally, I wouldn't mind the move. As long as we have a DC that maintains what we already have on that side of the ball having an offensive guy to lead our team couldn't hurt. We're just God awful on O. Hate to admit that but it's a fact.

Reaction Score
I think as long as a devensive guy brings in the right OC and let's him do his thing unrestrained (unlike Edsall did to Moorehead) that is fine. It is more about the qualities of the head guy...example if guys like Bob Diaco or Pat Narduzzi came in and WOWED in their interview do you say no just because they are defensive guys?

Reaction Score
I think the ship has sailed on changing the HC. On the odd chance that there are still good OC candidates available, P should consider bringing one in and letting him run with it if he really wants to see years 4 and 5 of the contract. Want to save some money? Cersosimo's been here about 7 years and coaching recievers with 5 previous seasons coaching various capacities. Sound crazy? You think he couldn't do better than this? At least he's seen what does and doesn't work here.

Nothing less than a winning season should even merit consideration of P's return. Coach is a good man but a bad fit in this environment if he can't change course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom