What If EDD | The Boneyard

What If EDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Had stayed at Uconn with Maya & Tina Charles & Hayes, Renee & Doty....With the likes of Dolson & Bria coming aboard even if some departed.

Even with Parker at Tennessee that year. Do y'all think Uconn has a great chance of winning 4 in a row with that bunch?

I do. I think had EDD stayed, Uconn would have 13 national titles. And would be the only program that ever won 4 in a row twice.

I can be wrong. Definately 3...And I do believe it would have been a much different battle & outcome against Baylor or Notre Dame for sure.

Don't hate me. Nothing wrong with dreaming about what could have been. Ain't It?

Wow!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Just ask TonyC. When it was confirmed that she was UCONN bound, he made his famous prediction that UCONN could go 195-0 over her 4 years. He got a LOT of flack from saying that - even some from UCONN fans, but if you go back and look at the roster during the 4 years she would have been here, it's easy to see why he was so high on the "future"...

Reaction Score
If EDD stayed then who knows how recruits following that class would have turned out. I don't think everything that happened after EDD's midnight escape from campus would have been exactly the same if she stayed. Would we still have gotten KML? Stewie? Mo? Tuck? Where the program is right at this moment is the accumulation of all those events that preceded. Changing even one of those events along the space-time continuum may or may not have significant consequences down the road - just ask Doc Brown.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
If EDD stayed then who knows how recruits following that class would have turned out. I don't think everything that happened after EDD's midnight escape from campus would have been exactly the same if she stayed. Would we still have gotten KML? Stewie? Mo? Tuck? Where the program is right at this moment is the accumulation of all those events that preceded. Changing even one of those events along the space-time continuum may or may not have significant consequences down the road - just ask Doc Brown.

90b7638d779f2e2eccd2097092d11e1a

Reaction Score
If EDD stayed... She would have been third in the long line of greats.
Charles, then Moore, then EDD.

She came in the year that UCONN won.... so she would have won the first two like Caroline and Tiff did... then with Tina gone... I think EDD could have helped UCONN get past Notre Dame in 2011. So had she come it is possible we could have had an NCAA streak that went back to the 2009 season. 2009-2016... 8 straight years....

Not understanding the reference to Candy Parker. She was out of Tennessee...

Reaction Score
No school has ever signed the #1 kid coming out of high school 3 times in a row, if for nothing else that would have been something to see.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Had stayed at Uconn with Maya & Tina Charles & Hayes, Renee & Doty....With the likes of Dolson & Bria coming aboard even if some departed.

Even with Parker at Tennessee that year. Do y'all think Uconn has a great chance of winning 4 in a row with that bunch?

I do. I think had EDD stayed, Uconn would have 13 national titles. And would be the only program that ever won 4 in a row twice.

I can be wrong. Definately 3...And I do believe it would have been a much different battle & outcome against Baylor or Notre Dame for sure.

Don't hate me. Nothing wrong with dreaming about what could have been. Ain't It?

Wow!

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Ahh, yes. The Butterfly Effect....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It's impossible to say, but some reasonable possibilities:

195-0

3 different NPOYs covering 5 years in a row

3 players on the 5-player AP AA team

EDD becomes the first player to win 4 NCAA championships

Reaction Score
Charles, then Moore, then EDD.

She came in the year that UCONN won.... so she would have won the first two like Caroline and Tiff did... then with Tina gone... I think EDD could have helped UCONN get past Notre Dame in 2011. So had she come it is possible we could have had an NCAA streak that went back to the 2009 season. 2009-2016... 8 straight years....

Yes you are right Candance was gone by then. Thanks for correcting.

Reaction Score
No school has ever signed the #1 kid coming out of high school 3 times in a row, if for nothing else that would have been something to see.

Yes it would have been and I wanted so bad to see it that I could taste the frosting on my lips. Only to have it smacked off.

Reaction Score

I totally agree. I think with Stefanie Dolson especially. Would she have felt the pressure as much to put the amount of work in? I don't know. I think Stefanie turned out as good as she did, because of the circumstances.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Charles, then Moore, then EDD. ?????

What am I missing ??

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score

Wow!

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score

Wow!
Ed D., who is he? Men are not allowed on the women's team!

Reaction Score
I still like to believe Moore would have achieved her three-peat (in 2011) had the team had a healthy Doty for the tournament. Heck, the win streak would likely have stretched into the 120's - at least until the Baylor game in Waco the following season.

As it was we got to witness Texas A&M's cinderella run to the Natty. That was a fun consolation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom