What happened to Polley? | The Boneyard

What happened to Polley?

Reaction Score
He looks completely lost on D and his shot has evaporated. He has regressed as the season has gone on.

In the beginning he looked like a pest on defense and had the anticipation to get deflections. You can also tell his teammates are not confident in him. They are freezing him out (a bit) on offense. They are constantly yelling at him on defense.

Sure he's a freshman. But at one point he looked competent. Now he looks inept.

Reaction Score
He looks completely lost on D and his shot has evaporated. He has regressed as the season has gone on.

In the beginning he looked like a pest on defense and had the anticipation to get deflections. You can also tell his teammates are not confident in him. They are freezing him out (a bit) on offense. They are constantly yelling at him on defense.

Sure he's a freshman. But at one point he looked competent. Now he looks inept.

Jalen and Terry are always yelling at him, half the time to use him for their shortcomings. But he has a ways to go, seems to be KO's doghouse kid and he's not relating to that all that well it would seem. Like him, think he can play but it's on him to get some confidence and go out an impact the game in a positive manner.

Reaction Score
Confidence.

Earlier in season they were playing weaker teams where you can get some burn and experience. Now when he's in he has to perform and he's been MIA mentally on both ends. Has no confidence but if he gets in a game hits a couple shots or gets a couple deflections that could get things rolling for him

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
What happened to him? Compared to what? A couple of decent minutes into his career?

He looks completely and totally lost and did anyone else noticed when he got yanked last night for missing an assignment he was demonstrative and in Ollie's face?

Reaction Score
He spent 20 seconds playing zone in a man defense last night, leading to an uncontested 3. Not ready for this level.

Reaction Score
He is not ready for prime time. Looks confused, frustrated and lacks confidence. Warts are showing as the early season continues and he needs to shut his trap when he screws up. Doesn't help that Adams/Larrier are always passing blame as well. He has a long way to go.

Reaction Score
Have you never watched CBB & Freshmen?

Do not expect the whiz of your internet chat get in the way of one of the Truths ... Freshmen are inconsistent. Ad infinitim

Polley has moments.

Reaction Score

Do not expect the whiz of your internet chat get in the way of one of the Truths ... Freshmen are inconsistent. Ad infinitim

Polley has moments.
A lot of teams have freshmen dominating for them. You fill a roster with 3 stars and this is how most of them will look as freshmen.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Polley has moments.

Maybe 15 years ago, but at this point about half of college basketball is made up of freshman. When I hear people make excuses for freshman, you are really making an excuse for KO's recruiting.

Reaction Score

Polley has moments.

Their freshman beat us yet ollie wants to say "they arent that good." What does that make us?

Reaction Score
Under the right coaching and work ethic Polley can be a solid 4 year piece. That said the staff desperately needs to add a top 50/100 player for next year. The overall talent on this team is not good.

Reaction Score
Have a feeling we`ll see another wave of transfers after the season. Of course this is all speculation but i can easily envision this team losing Jalen, Terry, Tyler, Whalley, Kwintin and Carlton.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Have a feeling we`ll see another wave of transfers after the season. Of course this is all speculation but i can easily envision this team losing Jalen, Terry, Tyler, Whalley, Kwintin and Carlton.
You say it like it's a bad thing

Reaction Score

Was talking about this with some fans last night. Terry is gone from what I've gathered from here. JA I just don't see leaving. He's barely a second round pick right now at best and he's not going to transfer for one season. Polley I could see leaving. He seems frustrated and you have to assume he'll have some stiff competition with Wilson next year. Kwintin I also wouldn't be surprised with. However, Whaley and Carlton are going nowhere.

Reaction Score

Do they have to sit out a year if UConn makes a coaching change?

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
This team needs polley Carlton cobb and MD to contribute nightly if they wanna dance.

Reaction Score
Was talking about this with some fans last night. Terry is gone from what I've gathered from here. JA I just don't see leaving. He's barely a second round pick right now at best and he's not going to transfer for one season. Polley I could see leaving. He seems frustrated and you have to assume he'll have some stiff competition with Wilson next year. Kwintin I also wouldn't be surprised with. However, Whaley and Carlton are going nowhere.

There were days where transfer speculation was absolutely taboo and about the most "negative" thing on the site. Now there are about 20 more serious concerns and it's no big deal by comparison. Amazing how much can change in 3 plus years.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Ollie has to find some way to get Whaley, Polley and Carlton playing probably 2 levels up from where they are. They have the potential to be good players, but the coaches have to get them some confidence, and then some playing time. Playing 3 guards for 40 minutes will not work.

Reaction Score
Ollie has to find some way to get Whaley, Polley and Carlton playing probably 2 levels up from where they are. They have the potential to be good players, but the coaches have to get them some confidence, and then some playing time. Playing 3 guards for 40 minutes will not work.
With Whaley not seeing anytime yesterday is it possible that there are thoughts of redshirting him? If not he has to take DOs minutes. He can’t do any worse. It’s a catch 22 with Polley and Carlton. They need playing time to improve but those two bring nothing when out there. It may be their lack of talent and it may be lack of confidence but they look more lost now than earlier in the season.

Reaction Score
I think what happened to Polley is pretty simple. Level of competition he is matching up with has increased the last couple weeks and he has lost some confidence in his game. He’s got the potential to be a solid contributor for this team down the road, but right now he is playing like an inexperienced borderline 4 star freshmen, which he is.

Reaction Score
Maybe 15 years ago, but at this point about half of college basketball is made up of freshman. When I hear people make excuses for freshman, you are really making an excuse for KO's recruiting.

Nope. I'm stating the famous Al McGuire line. Which still is true.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom