What former UConn big (their best season) would you bring back for this team? Stewie excluded! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What former UConn big (their best season) would you bring back for this team? Stewie excluded!

Reaction Score
A little bit of a tough choice - Tina delivers more PPG and more rebounds, especially on the offensive glass. Stefanie brings ball movement and more assists. Can never have enough rebounds, nor enough assists. In the case of this year's team, I think the rebounds are more valuable so I'm picking Tina Charles. I also like her beating the opposing center up the floor all the time, tiring out people like Cardoso and reducing their offensive contributions as a result.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I would bring my hometown girl Jamelle, Kara and Tina. I would also add one of my favorites Maya Moore.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Kara would be great to have, no doubt.

I vote for Stef Dolson. She would provide the physical presence down low and nobody in the college game today would intimidate her or take advantage of her. In fact, she would make most bigs wish they didn't have to keep playing against her. Plus, she was a great outlet passer. The current guards would thrive.

Reaction Score
Tina is the obvious choice when you look at the overall player talent. In terms of need and fit with this team, however, I think what we are most missing is a defensive, rebounding, shot blocking C type.

Uconn teams have usually been very good on rebounding and exceptional on blocked shots. This year, not so much because of several things, but a Kia Stokes type of player would make a huge difference on this team if everyone else was healthy. Stef is fine, but her passing skills have a little less value on a team that gives big minutes to three very good point guards in Paige, Nika, and KK.

Similarly Stef's outside shooting would add more to a team that did not already have Paige, Azzi, Caroline and Q. For that reason I think there are even players far down the overall list that could be difference makers on this year's team that is missing Jana for the season and Ayanna for who knows how long.

Players like Kelly Schumaker could make a significant difference on this year's team even though she is nowhere near the top of the list for former C's. Anyway Tina's overall game puts her at the top, but after that I think it would be Kia over Stef regarding what would most help this particular team.

Reaction Score
Fight fire with fire Kara was 6'7" and national player of the year. That is the missing piece on THIS team.
Point taken. However, I like to live in the NOW, so current conditioning was a factor for me. :cool:

Reaction Score
I'd go with Jamelle or my gal Asjha. Either one would help our rebounding, and no one would question our toughness. Still, I can't believe that no one has mentioned Swin.

Reaction Score
I’ll go with Stef as a big cause they need a player with an attitude and i’m going with. 5 for my big

Reaction Score
I would bring my hometown girl Jamelle, Kara and Tina. I would also add one of my favorites Maya Moore.
There are a lot of fine answers here. But Maya imo is the best choice.
She is arguably the greatest wcbb ever. She averaged nearly 9 rebounds a game one year. So no one can argue about her tougness. She was a leader that lost-- what?; -- a total of 6 games if that for her entire career? And she was a leader. No "style" from the other team ever affected her game.

You put her with Paige -- and every other team is -- "done." Though ofc as mentioned above many fine answers. Put Tina or Stef for example -- -- "done" too. But with Maya - UCONN could still play thier game. UCONN would't be forced to play "A bigs game." That's what would happen when you put two super elite player's together in which they compliment one another as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom