what does Vegas say about the game tonight | Page 4 | The Boneyard

what does Vegas say about the game tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You are wrong. Their goal is the get 50/50 of the money bet on both sides. Not 50% of the number bets made on each side. There could be 100 wagers on 1 side and 30 on the other but if the money is 50/50 the books and Vegas are happy.

I doubt you know more than Sheldon Adelson on this issue

Brother you are totally and completely lost.

Who ever said they are trying to get 50% of the bets on both sides. We were merely commenting that some people look at that data and try to tease information out of it.

You can look at the screen and see in real time that that the idea of getting 50% of the money on each side is a myth. The lines move on air.

It they were taking 50% on each side there wouldn't be wild swings month to month in their results.

If their goal is 50% on each side they need new linemakers since in the biggest handle of the year 70% of the money this year was on Denver and the Under and they broke a record on how much they made for the game.

They could have gotten closer to 50/50 on the Super Bowl by moving to 3, yet nobody did... I wonder why?

Reaction Score
You are wrong. Their goal is the get 50/50 of the money bet on both sides. Not 50% of the number bets made on each side. There could be 100 wagers on 1 side and 30 on the other but if the money is 50/50 the books and Vegas are happy.

I doubt you know more than Sheldon Adelson on this issue
save your breath, I had this conversation with him yesterday. my favorite quote was "the lines they move on air" ...... whatever that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32
Top Bottom