What Does the May 31 Draft Deadline Really Mean? | The Boneyard

What Does the May 31 Draft Deadline Really Mean?

Reaction Score
I've googled this until I'm blind. I find no clear explanation in any one place, but this is what I piece together.

If you don't withdraw from the NBA draft by 11:59 May 31, you remain in the draft. You do NOT lose your college eligibility.

If you are NOT drafted on June 22, you can still go back to college. You have four days, until June 26, to decide.

Why, then, would you withdraw on May 31?

1. Because you otherwise might get drafted deep in the second round, trading your college eligibility for, at best, a longshot opportunity.
2. Because you only get two shots at the draft. If you aren't drafted, you can go back to college, but you're down to one more shot at the draft.

Clarification welcome.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I've googled this until I'm blind. I find no clear explanation in any one place, but this is what I piece together.

If you don't withdraw from the NBA draft by 11:59 May 31, you remain in the draft. You do NOT lose your college eligibility.

If you are NOT drafted on June 22, you can still go back to college. You have four days, until June 26, to decide.

1. Because you otherwise might get drafted deep in the second round, trading your college eligibility for, at best, a longshot opportunity.
2. Because you only get two shots at the draft. If you aren't drafted, you can go back to college, but you're down to one more shot at the draft.

Clarification welcome.
So if this is accurate that means we get no announcement. But it also means it’s time to move on from the discussion cuz no way he does not get drafted.

Reaction Score

Clarification welcome.
It’s 5/31.
1685571301470.jpeg

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Wow the plot thickens……so he really does not have to comment or change anything…my hope is that he is in a good place….and if staying silent is the best way for him…it’s all good. He will always be loved by UConn nation.

Reaction Score
Wow the plot thickens……so he really does not have to comment or change anything…my hope is that he is in a good place….and if staying silent is the best way for him…it’s all good. He will always be loved by UConn nation.
See post above. if he doesn't declare he is coming back to UCONN by May 31st will either have to be drafted or some other league. He can't come back and play in College b-ball.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
See post above. if he doesn't declare he is coming back to UCONN by May 31st will either have to be drafted or some other league. He can't come back and play in College b-ball.
Yes that was understood. If he does not make an announcement by 11:59 pm today, it means he is not coming back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom