What does the B1G and Pac-12 do? | The Boneyard

What does the B1G and Pac-12 do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I know they both have their mutual agreement and all but if today's news starts the dominoes, I'd be shocked if they sit tight at 12....I feel that the Pac-12 has time since there's really no one outside BYU that is a threat to be taken. Boise, , Nevada, anyone else is there.

However, the B1G doesn't have this luxury. Let's be honest, they won't be happy to just nab some BE teams like Rutgers or even long-shot UConn. They want someone of quality and value like ND or someone of quality. They can't let teams get picked off by the Big-12 or let the SEC expand to 16. I know they have been sitting tight but how long can they wait......?

Reaction Score
I'll answer that when you tell me how they help themselves on a per capita or other basis going from 12 to 16 when the average team they add won't be as valuable as their current average team.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I'll answer that when you tell me how they help themselves on a per capita or other basis going from 12 to 16 when the average team they add won't be as valuable as their current average team.

Because 16 is 4 more than 12?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Attachments

• nigel-tufnel-spinal-tap.jpeg
    nigel-tufnel-spinal-tap.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 36

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
byu/bsu/sdsu and 1 potential of unr/unlv/fresno/nm/haw/wy/cst/

-byu and bsu cover themselves
-sdsu bball helps and fball potential helps but it gives the only left over big cali mk to thge league. allows more good travel for teams fanbases.
-toss it up from there. i say unlv....its city and mk are something special. its bball ready and fball it has the bowl there also. just need to build the team. already a brand name, others are not. destination for fanbases, connects all states out west.

big10 can add who ever they want. there are 10 big publics and a couple catholics that it could be. they are def going to 16 soon. other here say no but then why the heck would they put a 16 in B1G if they were going to sit at 12? this is our only hail mary. otherwise NBE....

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
The next logical step to happen down the road? the Big Four start cutting dead weight amongst their current membership to add stronger schools. At this point why wouldn't, say, Minnesota get dumped for Pitt or Vandy for VaTech?

The gloves are totally off now, and these four leagues will just keep swinging and swinging until somebody bigger makes them stop...

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
The next logical step to happen down the road? the Big Four start cutting dead weight amongst their current membership to add stronger schools. At this point why wouldn't, say, Minnesota get dumped for Pitt or Vandy for VaTech?

The gloves are totally off now, and these four leagues will just keep swinging and swinging until somebody bigger makes them stop...

You know I started to think about this also....why should teams like Indiana, Northwestern, Vandy, Iowa St, etc be brought to the Big Boy table when the only thing they've done is survived their conferences not falling apart? Granted, what does adding UConn or Rutgers or any team like Duke or WF from the ACC add? I could see maybe these conferences going to 12 all around and cutting some dead weight so there are less mouths to feed....who knows what may happen next!

Reaction Score
You know I started to think about this also....why should teams like Indiana, Northwestern, Vandy, Iowa St, etc be brought to the Big Boy table when the only thing they've done is survived their conferences not falling apart? Granted, what does adding UConn or Rutgers or any team like Duke or WF from the ACC add? I could see maybe these conferences going to 12 all around and cutting some dead weight so there are less mouths to feed....who knows what may happen next!

Doing so, in general, would require starting a new organization, which the members may be reluctant to do due to earned tournament credits, existing contractual agreements, and other (currently) shared benefits. Those institutional members, like it or not, are full members, and most organizational charters and by-laws don't call for the removal of fully-invested members unless there's charges of malfeasance to the organization.

Now, that's not to say that a group of members can't 'politely suggest' that the teams withdraw their membership, but in general, fully-invested members can't just be booted with a vote of the other members.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No one is kicking Indiana or Minnesota out of the Big 10. It's ridiculous to even propose. In fact there is nothing even wrong with Minnesota for example other than in the past they hired bad coaches. Look at that stadium they built, it's ridiculous. If Jerry Kill is healthy they will crank out 7-5 and 8-4 seasons.

What league has ever kicked out a full member? Temple had to go like 15-130 as an associate member and got reinvited within a decade.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
No one is kicking Indiana or Minnesota out of the Big 10. It's ridiculous to even propose. In fact there is nothing even wrong with Minnesota for example other than in the past they hired bad coaches. Look at that stadium they built, it's ridiculous. If Jerry Kill is healthy they will crank out 7-5 and 8-4 seasons.

What league has ever kicked out a full member? Temple had to go like 15-130 as an associate member and got reinvited within a decade.

Wasn't saying it was likely to occur but you never know what could happen with all of this nonsense! I don't see Minnesota being removed either but there are a few programs who are getting a seat at the Big Boy table who don't deserve it. Once again, I don't think UConn does yet either, but if I was a fan of Maryland or Louisville, I'd be pissed if I saw Iowa St getting a shot and my school wasn't.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wasn't saying it was likely to occur but you never know what could happen with all of this nonsense! I don't see Minnesota being removed either but there are a few programs who are getting a seat at the Big Boy table who don't deserve it. Once again, I don't think UConn does yet either, but if I was a fan of Maryland or Louisville, I'd be pissed if I saw Iowa St getting a shot and my school wasn't.

Im still pretty sure that the Big 12 doesn't remove teams because fans half a country away think Maryland is more deserving.

Reaction Score

I can safely say that the last time it happened in any major sport was the formation of the Mountain West. And even then, that's still not really kicking anyone out.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Im still pretty sure that the Big 12 doesn't remove teams because fans half a country away think Maryland is more deserving.

I'm not saying the Big-12 gives a rats ass but it's kinda crappy no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom