What do you think about the one year audition for KO?

Discussion in 'UConn Men's Basketball' started by DogMania, Sep 13, 2012.

1. upstater

upstater Popular Poster

On the first go round, they had an open search, hired the best available candidate, and then openly ran the company into the ground. We'll see about the second go round.
  2. fleudslipcon

fleudslipcon Popular Poster

I claim it was orchestrated by several people including Manuel, Herbst, JC and his staff. You claim this was just the act of JC. Big difference and why just taking one line out of an entire post is convenient for those who want to twist things.

Maybe you conveniently overlooked this statement in the paragraph above the one you quoted: "Personally, I believe JC's lines of communications with the president of the university and the AD were not this good since the time of his hire, and maybe not even then. I strongly believe that the three of them and members of JC's staff were in discussion about how to approach this almost from the beginning of Herbst's arrival."
  3. freescooter

freescooter Popular Poster

4. Waquoit

Waquoit Popular Poster

To be honest, I don't know what you were trying to say in that first sentence. It's not very well written. I disagree with the second sentence. I don't believe that discussion began "almost from the beginning of Herbst's arrival". That was two AD's ago.
  5. metsfan2323

metsfan2323 Popular Poster

John Calipari? Wow! I'll take that as evidence that you are no longer to be taken seriously.
  6. 8893

8893 Curiouser

Holy crap. I missed that one. Nice catch. Absof* *inglutely batsh!t crazy. I would love to see that conversation though. High comedy there.
  7. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Chicken Inspector

You have yet to post any quotes backing up your wild-ass assumptions.
  8. freescooter

freescooter Popular Poster

Oh please stop...are you saying Calhoun didn't want to hire someone with UConn connections to replace him? have you read anything he's said on that point since, oh 2008?

As far as Calipari, no I don't think Calhoun would want him as a replacement. But he wouldn't want ANYONE who didn't play for him or coach with him. I threw that name in their just to make a point, though it is obviously way over most of your heads...I would take Calipari if he were interested though. He would likely win us another title. We'd be selling out games again, and hey, I've been calling for changes to the 1-and-done rule for years, but obvioulsy the NCAA and is CBS master ain't having any of it. they'd rather get te billions from the network than seriously make this about student-athletes, and frankly most posters here would deep down agree with that, so why not just give into it and try to get the guy who is totally committed to working with the system as it now is?
  9. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Chicken Inspector

No, I'm saying you haven't shown me any quotes backing up your assumptions.

Perhaps you should be asking me what assumptions you've made?