What do you say about Stewie? | The Boneyard

What do you say about Stewie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She's a pro on the basketball court...then you follow her tweets and realize she's still like any other teenaged kid.

Reaction Score
I say it's like her own playground out there. NIH though.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
THIS: :-0
Posterizing Kayla McBride. Almost fell out of my chair on this one... if she had made the shot, it would have been iconic for all time.

media_695c079a3a5347e2a66cdb7877ea99d6_t607.jpg

Reaction Score
The "Stewie Swat" is still my fav. That was definitely an NPOY play and I don't recall seeing anything like it this or any year.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
That move through the key with a little fake right jink left on the All Access great video shows some of her neat ball handling stuff. What do I say about Stewie: (with a Brooklyn or Jersey accent) "Get outta here!"

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
THIS: :-0
Posterizing Kayla McBride. Almost fell out of my chair on this one... if she had made the shot, it would have been iconic for all time.

media_695c079a3a5347e2a66cdb7877ea99d6_t607.jpg
Or if she had dunked on the fast break after Moriah's behind the back pass on a steal while heading out of bounds. That would have been the play of the year for any sport.

Reaction Score
Or if she had dunked on the fast break after Moriah's behind the back pass on a steal while heading out of bounds. That would have been the play of the year for any sport.
Oh yeah I remember that one. That was a ridiculous play by Moriah. And I believe she said after the game that she wanted Stewie to dunk it but "she was being a baby about it." Enjoy every minute of Stewie and Moriah - their careers are officially half over even though it seems like they just got here.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Let's savor the next 2 years. Players like Moriah and Breanna don't come along often.

And Kaleena, Kiah, and Brianna have only 1 year left. Time goes by so fast!

Reaction Score
Let's savor the next 2 years. Players like Moriah and Breanna don't come along often.

Yeah no kidding. I remember Caroline in an interview talking about how good Kaleena is and that "she is just a sophomore and how much better can she get," and here we are getting ready for the last year of our sharp shooter that has become an inside player. Such a shame that this was a tough year for Kaleena, and Brianna as well. Good year for Kiah though, and I think she'll have a special moment with Coach when it's all said and done. A kid who took a few years before the light bulb finally came on, and I bet she gives 200% this year, and you'll see Geno appreciate that on senior night.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kaleena did have a tough year, but she responded to adversity very well. For the second year in a row, she was stellar in the NCAA tourney. She also got what she really wanted, the NCAA championship--her second, tying her with the All-World #23 who preceded her. I look for her to be the best player in the country not named Stewie next season.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score

There are 15 women whose names already reside on the Huskies of Honor Wall. What does it mean? Every time you savor a player, there's always been someone else to follow. For that reason, I won't say to savor Mo and Stewie. what I can say is savor those two (and counting) championships. Savor UConn womenn's basketball because eternal recurrence is inevitable.

Reaction Score
Kaleena did have a tough year, but she responded to adversity very well. For the second year in a row, she was stellar in the NCAA tourney. She also got what she really wanted, the NCAA championship--her second, tying her with the All-World #23 who preceded her. I look for her to be the best player in the country not named Stewie next season.
As Stewie says, have to send the senior's out the right way with a National Championship, which would give KML 3, along with Kiah, and Brianna.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Where can she improve? She has very few, if any, weaknesses. Maybe get stronger?

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Where can she improve? She has very few, if any, weaknesses. Maybe get stronger?

Both she and Geno indicated that strength and ballhandling are the priorities for the off season.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Both she and Geno indicated that strength and ballhandling are the priorities for the off season.

That is a testament to how good she is that those are her off-season tasks.

Reaction Score
I have heard a rumor she doesn't yodel very well. They don't have a yodeling class at UCONN but she might be enrolling in private singing classes to learn how to yodel. Other than that, her game is pretty solid. :D

45 TO GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01