What do people want? | The Boneyard

What do people want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I’ve seen an awful lot of complaining in the last couple of years but, boy, this year is something else. It’s not enough to despair over the awful players on the team or the crappy coaching they get, it’s also how terrible they’ll be next year too. What do you people want? Does the team have to go undefeated every year, winning games by 40 and having all players on the team averaging 20 & 10? Honestly, why do you bother to root for such a flawed team when there are others out there - bigger, stronger, better coached - that are superior to the Huskies? I gotta know.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It's called spoiled brat syndrome.

And I'm not using that term as a slur. This is literally how a spoiled brat acts. No matter how much is given them, they always want more and can't cope with the slightest setback or deprivation. "I want 40-point wins every game!" "I want undefeated seasons!" "I want national championships!" And god help the parents that don't give them exactly what they want, every time, on command.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Let them vent @HuskyNan. I haven't seen a post yet that was not predictable based on unrealistic expectations.
It’s not just last night - THAT I would understand. It’s a persistent drumbeat that’s been going on for a long time now.

Recruiting is awful!!! Geno can recruit anymore!!!! How many threads/posts do we have to endure about the recruiting for last year and the year before AND the year before that? That’s when people complain about the short and inferior bench and the players that don’t live up to the ridiculous expectations people have set.

That Player is terrible!!! She can’t shoot!!! The teams too short!!! Lou didn’t score 50 - what’s wrong with her!!! (Ok I made that one up).

But to been a constant bitch and moan. I mean it, if the team’s so awful, go root for someone else.

Reaction Score
Should this Forum be divided into 2 sections? General Fans and The Doomsayers.

Reaction Score
Thank You Nan! Still love this team and staff and will continue to support UCONN for always being consistently good for 3 decades and always giving US great professional like basketball players who seem unspoiled and a work ethic like no other program! ❤️❤️❤️

Reaction Score
Let them vent @HuskyNan. I haven't seen a post yet that was not predictable based on unrealistic expectations.
What I really want is not possible.

I get it, snap out of it, we're spoiled. And it's difficult not to be over the moon and under the truck when things don't go our way. Uconn has exceeded expectations over and over again. Post Stewie, they blew through two remarkable years with just two hiccups, when deriders were worried we wouldn't win the tough ones. Geno is right, nobody can sustain that level indefinitely. We just need to stay healthy and happy.

Reaction Score
I’ve seen an awful lot of complaining in the last couple of years but, boy, this year is something else. It’s not enough to despair over the awful players on the team or the crappy coaching they get, it’s also how terrible they’ll be next year too. What do you people want? Does the team have to go undefeated every year, winning games by 40 and having all players on the team averaging 20 & 10? Honestly, why do you bother to root for such a flawed team when there are others out there - bigger, stronger, better coached - that are superior to the Huskies? I gotta know.
This would be great actually!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
On purpose I did not come to the Yard after last night's game. I didn't need to read the "opinions" of the negative nelliies and Sunday morning quarterbacks. It's been the "crap" by the same posters for the last two years.

I'm not sure these posters are true fans of UConn.

Reaction Score
It’s not just last night - THAT I would understand. It’s a persistent drumbeat that’s been going on for a long time now.

Recruiting is awful!!! Geno can recruit anymore!!!! How many threads/posts do we have to endure about the recruiting for last year and the year before AND the year before that? That’s when people complain about the short and inferior bench and the players that don’t live up to the ridiculous expectations people have set.

That Player is terrible!!! She can’t shoot!!! The teams too short!!! Lou didn’t score 50 - what’s wrong with her!!! (Ok I made that one up).

But to been a constant bitch and moan. I mean it, if the team’s so awful, go root for someone else.

Thank you Nan!!! This is what I mean, . You hit the nail on why I mostly lurk now.

Reaction Score
I don’t know why WE as a fans demand perfection from a bunch of 18-21 year old players who are doing the best they can with what they have.

We call young people soft nowadays for being offended by everything yet here we ALL are being offended by the fact that UCONN had the nerve to lose a game. How dare they.....cmon guys, snap out of it. It’s just a game in the grand scheme of things. Lighten up, don’t beat up on the coaches, the players, or the recruits that decide to go elsewhere bc they didn’t pick UCONN. I can’t believe I’m actually saying this to a bunch of whiney adults who demand perfection from players when they can hardly function on their day to day lives...........Stop being spoiled brats!!!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I appreciate our visitors on the Boneyard but this is a UConn thread.

Reaction Score
THIS is exactly my point. you’ll keep reminding us of that every chance you get, right? I’m sure that will help
I asked a similar question yesterday - apparently recruiting is sooo bad, this point (and variations thereof) HAS to be repeated at every opportunity.
Sort of if'n you pray hard enough, it'll come true...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
We wanted a talented "Big" recruit for Christmas...we got coal instead :(
I wanted tickets for a little travel - the wife gave me her cold and bronchitis instead. Guess reality is different than dreams and expectations:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Let me make this perfectly clear so there is no misunderstanding. I am 76 and I WANT the health and physical capability when I was serving the the US Marine Corps at age 30 and weighed 160 lbs. NOT what I got today. Thank you very much. Now THAT is what is really important.

I think people need to get a grip and place this in perspective. Enjoy the ride while you got it.

Reaction Score
I'm one of those who has been less then pleased with some aspects of the program whether it be recruiting or bench play but on the other hand I have not been one of those who predicted outlandish scores or complained when the team won by narrower then expected margins while putting down the abilities of the competition....................I have found that kind of boorish and smug behavior to be just as galling over the years yet I rarely read any complaints about that................

Reaction Score

Highlighted---that would be nice! You can't give fans 10 or so consecutive years of blowouts and have them not think this is the norm. Reality--fantasy.

No disrespect--just a Fan giving a fans view of being a fan.

No one would have believed you 2 years ago if you predicted this loss--it wasn't their reality. Some said it and were drummed out of the corp. Uconn, it appears, has fans like every other team has: They want to know Why? Then too they want to know where--like where are those to fill the voids coming from next season? Rational questions, nothing sinister in asking that?
Being a Fan doesn't mean you can't critique or that you must love everything the coach does---that's just the nature of the beast.
Most of the comments you may have an argument against look at 5 players and ask: how can this be? How did we get to this point?

Then they look and see ONE recruit for next year and ask: With only 3 with game experience and true high-level talent will Uconn continue to have the problems this short bench has presented (Ono needs heft and experience--as you pointed out)

You too should remember not just a few posting are NOT Uconn fans.

It is not disrespectful since Geno has been called a Basketball god, teacher without comparison, highest of level of motivator to ask: Why is the bench not more productive?
I'm fully aware Geno cannot be teleported back 3 or so years and then recruit what is needed now--that's the reality of fantasy.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Highlighted---that would be nice! You can't give fans 10 or so consecutive years of blowouts and have them not think this is the norm. Reality--fantasy.

No disrespect--just a Fan giving a fans view of being a fan.

No one would have believed you 2 years ago if you predicted this loss--it wasn't their reality. Some said it and were drummed out of the corp. Uconn, it appears, has fans like every other team has: They want to know Why? Then too they want to know where--like where are those to fill the voids coming from next season? Rational questions, nothing sinister in asking that?
Being a Fan doesn't mean you can't critique or that you must love everything the coach does---that's just the nature of the beast.
Most of the comments you may have an argument against look at 5 players and ask: how can this be? How did we get to this point?

Then they look and see ONE recruit for next year and ask: With only 3 with game experience and true high-level talent will Uconn continue to have the problems this short bench has presented (Ono needs heft and experience--as you pointed out)

You too should remember not just a few posting are NOT Uconn fans.

It is not disrespectful since Geno has been called a Basketball god, teacher without comparison, highest of level of motivator to ask: Why is the bench not more productive?
I'm fully aware Geno cannot be teleported back 3 or so years and then recruit what is needed now--that's the reality of fantasy.
Critique, yes, beat subject to death, no. Whining about recruiting in the past or the current bench won’t change a thing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What do you people want? Does the team have to go undefeated every year, winning games by 40 and having all players on the team averaging 20 & 10?
Not gonna lie, that would be nice. ;)

I had to laugh about the posts on the men's board bemoaning the 2 final four losses. C'mon! We are spoiled no doubt about it.

Keep in mind that Geno didn't deliberately plan for a donut team (hole in the center.) Zee was supposed to be playing a dominant senior year for us right now. Camara was supposed to give us up front depth. Things just didn't work out that way. (If you don't think Camara would have mattered, take a look at how she was effective in her limited minutes. A healthy BC instantly makes us much more physical in the paint.)

As Geno points out, winning a national championships is hard. We still have a shot this year but our margin is razor thin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01