What Dawn thinks of Paige. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What Dawn thinks of Paige.

Reaction Score
We will beat SC tomorrow, for sure. It won’t be easy by any stretch, but we will win, for sure. Just like Danny Hurley said about the men’s side, I believe also goes for the women’s side when it comes to our expectations of Connecticut basketball. “It’s coming”. I can definitely see it.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Football was dead at Uconn long before they moved back to the BE. I am sure there were other factors but the poor football program was part of why they were never invited to a P5 conference.
Didn't they play in a pretty big bowl game? Is not a AAC team at season end usually ranked in the top 10 and a couple more top 25. Can't build a program as an independent. So any chance of a top conference just went away.

Reaction Score
One “pretty big bowl game” does not a top tier football program make. Also, Uconn football became independent in 2019, long after the P5 ship had sailed. Finally, they played in the AAC from 2013-2019, were 20-65 in those years and never won the conference. They never even sniffed the Top 25, never mind the top 10.
They were 60-51 in the BE years, 2004-2012, and were in the Top 25 at some point in 3 of those years. They played in 5 bowl games during that time. When the conference split due to defections, primarily to the ACC, Uconn was not offered a spot anywhere so they went to the AAC, where the program crumbled.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
One “pretty big bowl game” does not a top tier football program make. Also, Uconn football became independent in 2019, long after the P5 ship had sailed. Finally, they played in the AAC from 2013-2019, were 20-65 in those years and never won the conference. They never even sniffed the Top 25, never mind the top 10.
They were 60-51 in the BE years, 2004-2012, and were in the Top 25 at some point in 3 of those years. They played in 5 bowl games during that time. When the conference split due to defections, primarily to the ACC, Uconn was not offered a spot anywhere so they went to the AAC, where the program crumbled.
They went independent in 2020, being an independent makes becoming a draw for a better conference to want UConn impossible. At least being in the AAC gave them a chance. Now there are a few AAC that have a better chance.

Reaction Score
They went independent in 2020, being an independent makes becoming a draw for a better conference to want UConn impossible. At least being in the AAC gave them a chance. Now there are a few AAC that have a better chance.
My last comment on the subject, that ship sailed a long time ago, just the way it is. You can certainly think differently, that’s what makes the world go round. Uconn had ample opportunity to win in the AAC and never got it done, saying they would have a chance if they stayed is tantamount to that million to one quote from Dumb and Dumber.

Reaction Score
It really doesn't matter to me what Ms. Dawn has to say about Crystal, she gave us all she had for 4 years and she gave us plenty. Glad she is finally getting her due in the pros. The WNBA now knows what we knew all along. I hope Paige burns SC badly on Monday, Dawn will have a front row seat.
Lord have mercy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom