What CBB fan base do you have tons of respect for? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What CBB fan base do you have tons of respect for?

Reaction Score
I'm friends with a lot of Marquette alums. Fun people to hang with. My friend was Chris Farley's roommate at Marquette for three years. Farley was a groomsman in his wedding. He tells some funny Farley stories.
I know the guy who discovered Farley when he passed away. He was Farley's assistant and one of his best friends, lots of great stories. I've also become friendly with Ike Reilly in the past year or two. He was close with Farley at Marquette and after, wrote a song about him.

Marquette fans are great, that city has great sports fans and just nice fun people in general.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I despise all things Duke…but (throws up in mouth) Cameron Indoor is always rocking during home games regardless of opponent. So I’ll give them the least amount of respect possible for that alone.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kansas State. Perpetually second fiddle in their own state, yet pack the arena, travel well and are pretty crazy passionate about the team.

Reaction Score
Kansas fans are horrible.

Honestly I like Kentucky fans. They bleed their own shade of blue, they are passionate and quite amusing on the intertronz
In my experience Kentucky has the best fanbase. They travel like no other and the ones I've met are all really knowledgeable, have great respect for UConn, and take a loss really well. I would say on the whole the Big East has excellent fans. They are basketball schools and their fans wait all year for basketball season.

I love the new Kansas hatred/rivalry but the Kansas fans I know are good fans and know their stuff.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
In my experience Kentucky has the best fanbase. They travel like no other and the ones I've met are all really knowledgeable, have great respect for UConn, and take a loss really well. I would say on the whole the Big East has excellent fans. They are basketball schools and their fans wait all year for basketball season.

I love the new Kansas hatred/rivalry but the Kansas fans I know are good fans and know their stuff.
I think the fans at any school that puts basketball first, UConn, Kansas, Kentucky, Indiana, North Carolina, are going to be a pretty good and knowledgeable group of fans. They will all have their warts; we know we do.

Reaction Score
as they should be. or NC St. why would someone support a private school they didnt attend instead of the public school theyre supported with tax dollars? the answer of course, is theyre a wannabe yuppie frontrunner.
do you actually choose to support UConn because your tax dollars go there?

I know plenty of super intelligent Duke fans living here in NC. Duke fans are actually pretty tolerable outside of the Storrs/NYC area where they have to hate UConn to support Duke apparently. UConn owns Duke, and Duke fans know this.

But, Duke UNC conversations are the most wildly disrespectful conversations I have ever seen between fans. Friday night pregames were better than anything you could buy on Pay Per View.

Reaction Score
do you actually choose to support UConn because your tax dollars go there?

I know plenty of super intelligent Duke fans living here in NC. Duke fans are actually pretty tolerable outside of the Storrs/NYC area where they have to hate UConn to support Duke apparently. UConn owns Duke, and Duke fans know this.

But, Duke UNC conversations are the most wildly disrespectful conversations I have ever seen between fans. Friday night pregames were better than anything you could buy on Pay Per View.
i support UConn because it's the flagship public school in the state i grew up in. I wasnt paying taxes, my parents were and still are, but when it came time for college i didnt want to go to UConn so i went to a DIII school that wouldnt interfere with my fandom. likewise, if i grew up in NC, i would 100% have either been a UNC or NC St fan, depending on where i lived within the state. And as a lifelong UNC/NC St fan there is no way in hell i'd consider going to Duke unless i got a full ride, but in that case i'd just go to an ivy league school.

unfortunately, syracuse it the only private school i could understand state residents rooting for because the NY university system doesnt support high major sports.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I actually respect the passion PC fans have. It would've been easier for them to be quiet and irrelevant like SHU, but instead they're always punching above their weight class. Woulda thought the Cooley experience neutered them a bit, but their feisty response shows how much they care and respect themselves.

I still don't consider them a rival, in the sense that rivals have to be relative in stature. But I'll acknowledge their games mean more than your average BE matchup, because of their fans.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Honestly I like Kentucky fans. They bleed their own shade of blue, they are passionate and quite amusing on the intertronz
We were at a Charlie Pappas in Houston the day before the Butler game. In comes about 25 UK goobers in their blue T-shirts talking way too loud, every other word profane. You can have 'em.

Reaction Score
I actually respect the passion PC fans have. It would've been easier for them to be quiet and irrelevant like SHU, but instead they're always punching above their weight class. Woulda thought the Cooley experience neutered them a bit, but their feisty response shows how much they care and respect themselves.

I still don't consider them a rival, in the sense that rivals have to be relative in stature. But I'll acknowledge their games mean more than your average BE matchup, because of their fans.
I'm commenting because I still feel weird giving someone the 'smiley face with Heart eyes" emoji. Well said

Reaction Score
having been to a couple FF's with them - UK travels so well its hard to not respect them. hate 'em, but dang they brought it.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Excellent post. I agree. PC has good fans for them.

August_West

Reaction Score
That was before we surpassed them in titles. I might’ve agreed with you even just one year ago, but since we took #5 they have gone out of their minds. They denigrate UConn at every opportunity on every platform because their weenie is smaller. How can you respect that?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
That was before we surpassed them in titles. I might’ve agreed with you even just one year ago, but since we took #5 they have gone out of their minds. They denigrate UConn at every opportunity on every platform because their weenie is smaller. How can you respect that?
No they haven't. A handful of twitter people did, not the real fans. I looked at the board. There is no mention of UConn at all. None of them care about UConn. Judging them by those few Twitter fans is like judging us by Mr. (who might be you for all I know).

I didn't list KU. They have great fans, but I'll admit it's easy for them. They don't really face adversity. There have been no lean times for most of them (unless missing the tournament in 1988-89 the year after a NC win is "adversity").

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Thing is we surpassed them in titles in 2014. They were lucky to be tied for a year.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Thing is we surpassed them in titles in 2014. They were lucky to be tied for a year.
Nobody cared then either.

August_West

Reaction Score
Oh they absolutely cared and care that we have more titles again.

You should see every time the blueblood argument ( not started by UConn fans just generic College hoops talk) comes up on Twitter or Reddit. Kansas fans the only ones in there without any provocation losing their minds saying NOT UCONN NOT UCONN NOT UCONN. Its hilarious.

Reaction Score
You should see every time the blueblood argument ( not started by UConn fans just generic College hoops talk) comes up on Twitter or Reddit. Kansas fans the only ones in there without any provocation losing their minds saying NOT UCONN NOT UCONN NOT UCONN. Its hilarious.
I'm not on twitter or reddit but I saw long threads on the Kansas message board where they were extremely upset and trashing our program. I have a Kansas friend who doesn't like it at all that we continue to have more titles than them but he takes it as Kansas needs to win more of them.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I'm not on twitter or reddit but I saw long threads on the Kansas message board where they were extremely upset and trashing our program. I have a Kansas friend who doesn't like it at all that we continue to have more titles than them but he takes it as Kansas needs to win more of them.
That’s how most fans handle it. The Twitter and Reddit crowd is the bottom 1/2 of 1%. We haven’t played them in so long, I think the fact that we expected to last year and will this year has upped the intensity a bit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom