What CBB fan base do you have tons of respect for? | The Boneyard

What CBB fan base do you have tons of respect for?

Reaction Score
I've spoken to a bunch of IU bball fans over the years and have usually found that they are good people with which to talk hoops. Usually a knowledgeable fan base, rarely dismissive or condescending and quite complementary of our program. Also, I feel a kinship to them as the school's bball program is always a huge source of pride for the state.

I'm interested to see what y'all say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
not duke. unless you're an alum there is no acceptable reason to support them and i bet the majority of their students never watched college bball before attending.

Reaction Score
not duke. unless you're an alum there is no acceptable reason to support them and i bet the majority of their students never watched college bball before attending.
This last part: I have found that most NC residents are UNC fans. Never thought about that much till now

Reaction Score
This last part: I have found that most NC residents are UNC fans. Never thought about that much till now
as they should be. or NC St. why would someone support a private school they didnt attend instead of the public school theyre supported with tax dollars? the answer of course, is theyre a wannabe yuppie frontrunner.

Reaction Score
I've spoken to a bunch of IU bball fans over the years and have usually found that they are good people with which to talk hoops. Usually a knowledgeable fan base, rarely dismissive or condescending and quite complementary of our program. Also, I feel a kinship to them as the school's bball program is always a huge source of pride for the state.

All IU grads have a deep respect for all things college basketball except Boilermakers

Reaction Score
Have to give the Rutgers fans a nod.

Rutgers hoop has a good forty year history that’s varied between mediocre, and flat out awful, yet the fans keep going to the RAC in droves, and if there’s the slightest reason for hope they make it one of the loudest toughest home courts in the country.

Reaction Score

Pittsburgh!!!

JK

Reaction Score
The only fan base that I have any respect for is the fan base that roots for the defending national champion UConn Huskies.

Reaction Score

My boss’s husband is a IU fan from South Bend. Super knowledgeable, passionate and one of my favorite people to talk college basketball with.

I don’t know a ton of fans from other programs except for Iona. Small, but super passionate fan base and their games are a blast.

Reaction Score
Kansas. Based on final fours I’ve been too knowledgeable and not nearly as arrogant as many

Reaction Score
Living in VA, I've met a lot of Liberty fans. They are very knowledgeable and friendly and they are excited because they feel like they are on the rise.
I also agree with Nova fans mostly being respectful.

Reaction Score
I know one season ticket holder for IU and he's one of the most obnoxious boors you'll ever meet. I still hear about how Calhoun was "crooked" on the regular from him. I have no other frame of reference.

I don't have a bad thing to say about Kansas. We have no real ill will or bad history of note. Great fan base. Long storied past. Iconic court.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I know one season ticket holder for IU and he's one of the most obnoxious boors you'll ever meet. I still hear about how Calhoun was "crooked" on the regular from him. I have no other frame of reference.

I don't have a bad thing to say about Kansas. We have no real ill will or bad history of note. Great fan base. Long storied past. Iconic court.

Their program is absolute filth and they’re cool with it.

The earth should open up and swallow every one of them.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Is there anyone more arrogant and spoiled? I'm going to suggest that Ed Cooley doesn't think much of us

Reaction Score

I know a couple prominent Kansas fans and their heads are so far up their butts it's ridiculous.
Why do I say that? Primarily because they saw nothing wrong with their U giving Self a big extension with a clause ensuring he can't be fired for any past transgressions, including any that would put them on probation or banned from the tournament or anything else of a more draconian level. They completely glossed over all the evidence of Self agreeing on recordings to pay $ for a player(s). But, I guess they knew they'd be able to buy themselves off or delay adjudication until the rules changed.

Reaction Score
Definitely Dayton fans. I live in Cincinnati and see that they have been treated as little brothers by Cincinnati and Xavier fans yet they fill UD arena by interstate 75. Recent history they were unlucky with Covid in 2020. Going back you have Roosevelt Chapman and other great teams. Been shut out of the Big East but their fans are more passionate than DePaul fans. I realize logistics mean you have to have DePaul in the league instead of Dayton Ohio. UD basketball is the pro team in town.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom