What Can We Assume from the Silence | The Boneyard

What Can We Assume from the Silence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So, it's Thursday of our off week. If there was going to be a change in anyone's official title (like -- I don't know -- someone else getting the designation of OL Coach or OC) I assume we would have heard it by now. If it hasn't been done yet, it's not happening prior to USF.

That does not mean that unofficial things have or haven't been changed. But I'll believe it when we see it.

Reaction Score
I would have to assume the silence indicates the athletic department knows we need new coaches.

Reaction Score
Could also be that, as they are not obligated to report anything, nothing may be happening.

Reaction Score
it probably means P has stubbornly decided to go down with the ship. A rational man would recognize the problem and take quick proactive measures to try and rectify it, even if it meant naming himself O-line coach. Every morning that P wakes up and decides to do nothing means he has started that day with a fresh new error in judgement.

P is getting paid way too much money to be a hands off coach.

Reaction Score
Why would we want to let any info like that change BL used as an example out now? I say keep it quiet and that way we can surprise the hell out of S Florida, for the first quarter anyway. Loose lips sink ships! Shhhhh

Reaction Score
This team comes out as flat at USF as they did at Cuse, and McDaniels and company get rolling.........P's in trouble. I think some of these kids have thrown up their hands and it's now trickled over to some of the defense. I hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
I think we see a west coast offense combined with a Delaware wing T mixed in for the USF game.

Reaction Score
Silence.png
Silence of the LAAAAMBS

Reaction Score
They've directed PP and Deleone to be present at an all day clinic for Connecticut high school coaches at the Burton/Schenkman Center on Saturday, November 3rd.

Reaction Score
it probably means P has stubbornly decided to go down with the ship. A rational man would recognize the problem and take quick proactive measures to try and rectify it, even if it meant naming himself O-line coach. Every morning that P wakes up and decides to do nothing means he has started that day with a fresh new error in judgement.

P is getting paid way too much money to be a hands off coach.

Why name himself when he already has a long-serving UCONN OL coach whose lines helped produce years of 1000 yard running backs and yr-to-yr averages of anywhere from 170 to 200-yards per game? PP tried a change in both coach and system. By any measurement one wishes to use, nothing worked.

To veer a little off target; I remember how Adam Masters answered a question about the different (old-to-new) blocking schemes. He noted that the new system is more finesse and technique based. The old system, while stressing proper blocking technique, was more a line-up and hit/move the guy across from you approach. Masters went on to note that every defense knew what was coming, but the OL was still able to clear a path.

**(Note: I never got the impression that Masters was complaining about coach or system. To me, his only intention was to describe the difference in systems.)

Reaction Score
I think we see a west coast offense combined with a Delaware wing T mixed in for the USF game.

I don't know why - but this gave me a good laugh.

What do you get when you breed an English bulldog with a Japanese shih tzu?

Reaction Score
I don't know why - but this gave me a good laugh.

What do you get when you breed an English bulldog with a Japanese shih tzu?

Answer: What comes out of PP's mouth every time he opens it?

Reaction Score
BL, I am sure once the university finds out you are asking this question, they will respond

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I actually have tried to step back and think that they aren't going to change anything during the season.

Reaction Score
A year from now our idiot CT sports journalists will conclude that we should have fired Coach P last season.

John Silver ACTUALLY just said on his blog that firing P and D would mean that the entire staff will be gutted and signify "major change".

And that is bad why?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The silence tells me that at best there may be some tinkering with general offensive philosophy and game planning but this will be done with the staff responsibilities remaining where they've been since spring. Beyond this there will be no changes until December at the earliest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom