What are you binge watching? | Page 56 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I can not remember the last time I was as angry at the way a show ended as I am about Winning Time. Tonight was the series finale. Discovery is gutting HBO’s original programming. Does HBO really think people will pay $15 a month for reality television?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
After 15 years, I decided to finally dig into John Adams. While there is a lot of dramatization, consolidation, and even fabrication surrounding events and timelines, I did appreciate the attention to detail of daily life at the time, including hygiene. I will also note that in everything I've seen Paul Giamatti in, he always plays Paul Giamatti.

I'll finish it tomorrow, and then watch the finale of Winning Time, which I'm now eagerly anticipating based on Nelson's comment directly above.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I can not remember the last time I was as angry at the way a show ended as I am about Winning Time. Tonight was the series finale. Discovery is gutting HBO’s original programming. Does HBO really think people will pay $15 a month for reality television?
I never got through season one because it got boring. The pacing is really slow.

Reaction Score
A little disappointed in the finale, but that was that.. We definitely got robbed from so many more storylines but it is what it is.

My wife and I adore the show, but only know like 3-4 other people who watch... Damn shame...

Adrien Brody as Pat Riley is one of the better casting decisions in the past 10 years.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
A little disappointed in the finale, but that was that.. We definitely got robbed from so many more storylines but it is what it is.

My wife and I adore the show, but only know like 3-4 other people who watch... Damn shame...

Adrien Brody as Pat Riley is one of the better casting decisions in the past 10 years.
I'd add that for a minor part, Chiklis pretty much stole every scene he was in as a wonderfully obnoxious Auerbach.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I know a ton of people that watch it, and it is not like MAX has anything else besides reality shows and a Game of Thrones spin off every other year.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The Gold just came out. Interesting story of a Brinks gold heist in England in 1983. Same years as the Wells Fargo robbery in Connecticut.

Two episodes in so far. Seems easy enough to follow along. Basic premise is some mid-level robbers thought they were going to rob a million bucks or so of pesetas and ended up with $27M in gold.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I can not remember the last time I was as angry at the way a show ended as I am about Winning Time.
I read that they basically ended the series with them losing to the Celtics. How can you improve on that? I'm sure Zaslav being a BU grad had nothing to do with it.

Reaction Score
Columbo
S5E1 "Forgotten Lady" staring Janet Leigh. I can't get enough of the old LA mansions and stars. So Ms Leigh was born in 1927 and died in 2004 at the age of 77. She starred in Columbo in 1975, only 48 years old. Yet she looks much older in the show. I assumed she was probably 60 in the show and thinking yeah, she still had it. 48. It just doesn't add up. Maybe everyone smoked like fiends and it really aged them.

Janet.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Episode 6 of Ahsoka was one of the best Star Wars hours I've potentially ever seen.
It was good my only complaint is
Sabine finally finds Ezra and instead of telling him that they are at risk of Thrawn coming back to the main SW galaxy she's all like "I don't want to talk about it right now let's pack up your turtle groupies and waste time while the fate of the galaxy lies in the balance"
. I do like this show though. I actually went back to rebels and watched a couple of the dark lightsaber episodes in to remind me about what was going on there.

Reaction Score
Turtle groupies :cool:

I did think that was very Star Wars to be like, go and try to save your friend, but you'll both be trapped here for eternity!!!!!!!!! (JK I know you'll make it back and then probably sneak on my ship!)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Billions (Paramount/Showtime) is nowhere near its peak, but is still a solidly entertaining hour. I like the new characters, like the old characters. I am not crazy about the way Corey Stull plays Mike Prince, but I can live with it.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Anyone watching Season 3 of Only Murders in the Building? It kind of snuck up on me. I don't think it's the "It" series anymore like Season 1 was. I tried 2 episodes. Not sure if I'm going to finish the season. Just not really caring about the characters or what's happening at this point. And it seems like at least half the cast is badly overacting. That's pretty much Martin Short's thing, but not everybody else has to do it, do they?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How else would one know whales can swim really, really fast through space? Whales are so sci-fi hot right now.
Well that I knew from Rebels, but yeah. I was thinking the bit with Anakin was pretty important

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
How else would one know whales can swim really, really fast through space? Whales are so sci-fi hot right now.
I heard they used to eat space krill but now need to be Force fed.

Reaction Score
My wife watched THE WATCHER. I watched a little with her but found it unwatchable. Slow. Tedious. Slow.

Reaction Score
My wife watched THE WATCHER. I watched a little with her but found it unwatchable. Slow. Tedious. Slow.
All true, I powered my way through it though and the ending made it not worth the trouble

CL82

Reaction Score
Anyone watching Season 3 of Only Murders in the Building? It kind of snuck up on me. I don't think it's the "It" series anymore like Season 1 was. I tried 2 episodes. Not sure if I'm going to finish the season. Just not really caring about the characters or what's happening at this point. And it seems like at least half the cast is badly overacting. That's pretty much Martin Short's thing, but not everybody else has to do it, do they?
It gets better.

CL82

Reaction Score
Well, since there's no area have to figure that they would have to swim very fast before their breath right out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom