What are you binge watching? | Page 55 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

Reaction Score
Watched “Who is Eric Carter?” on Netflix. A somewhat watchable 7 episode run.

Filmed in Barcelona and London with upscale Barcelona suburbs looking awesome. Main character Erin likes to swear. I enjoyed.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Since our football team lost and somehow SMU got into the ACC and we all liked GoT, I'll share some humor.
371773128_260212993616157_8053082939793293666_n.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The third season isn't really up to it unfortunately.

I started Ahsoka. Pleasantly surprised. As someone who watched Rebels, they absolutely nailed the casting. Dawson is good. Mary Elizabeth Winstead is a great fit as Hera Syndulla. Natasha Liu Bordizzo is truly perfect as Sabine Wren (and a knockout who will become a star). Ray Stevenson is good as a bad Jedi/Sith, but sadly he passed away. The buzz is around Ivanna Sakhno, the apprentice Jedi/Sith (and the first hot Sith Lord in Star Wars history). David Tenant makes everything better, even as a droid. Two episodes in, it's better than I expected. Not as good as Andor, but it's working from an existing backstory that Dave Filoni wrote, so he knows the characters.
I just finished the third season of the Mandalorian. I liked it. The only duds were where they left the main characters and had saved by episodes. Otherwise, I thought it was pretty good.

Reaction Score
I was wondering the same thing. I'm 7 episodes into the 2nd season, and it's still really good (I'm sure it's ridiculous if you're a lawyer, but very entertaining)
I finished 9 seasons of Suits. Overall excellent with seasons 6 and 7 not the strongest. Great overall series!

Now it’s either Lincoln Lawyer or White Collar. Hmmmmm.

Reaction Score
I finished 9 seasons of Suits. Overall excellent with seasons 6 and 7 not the strongest. Great overall series!

I just finished Lincoln Lawyer and started the first 2 episodes of Suits last night. Lincoln Lawyer is very enjoyable, so I'd recommend it

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Wheel of Time - Season 2. So far, better than season 1. This show diverges from the books, sometimes in ways I dint understand. But it’s still pretty good.

Foundation - Season 2. Also better than season 1 so far. Doing a better job of explaining things and there’s less time jumping. Lee Pace is really good this season and Jared Harris is always a standout.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

I tapped out after a few episodes into season 3 of suits. It just seemed to be increasingly reptitive and unbelievable at the same time.

Reaction Score
I tapped out after a few episodes into season 3 of suits. It just seemed to be increasingly reptitive and unbelievable at the same time.
I tapped out in less than 3 episodes. I didn't know a single person who watched it when it was on TV and was wondering why some old USA show was now the big hit on Netflix. I'm still left wondering...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Finished Lioness last night.

Meh. Me thinks Mr. Sheridan has reached his creative limits and needs to sit back, relax and come back with something better.

I have no idea how they'd develop Season 2.

Reaction Score
To each their own. I wish UConn could hire a Harvey Spectrum to gain Power conference status.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Never finished Better Call Saul so am started rewatching it from the beginning. On season 4. Very enjoyable
One of those shows where I wish I could watch it again for the first time. I enjoyed Breaking Bad more, but they are both top 5-10 series of all time in my opinion.

Reaction Score
The third season isn't really up to it unfortunately.

I started Ahsoka. Pleasantly surprised. As someone who watched Rebels, they absolutely nailed the casting. Dawson is good. Mary Elizabeth Winstead is a great fit as Hera Syndulla. Natasha Liu Bordizzo is truly perfect as Sabine Wren (and a knockout who will become a star). Ray Stevenson is good as a bad Jedi/Sith, but sadly he passed away. The buzz is around Ivanna Sakhno, the apprentice Jedi/Sith (and the first hot Sith Lord in Star Wars history). David Tenant makes everything better, even as a droid. Two episodes in, it's better than I expected. Not as good as Andor, but it's working from an existing backstory that Dave Filoni wrote, so he knows the characters.
Watching this now too. It's pretty good, not great though.

It's funny that almost every scene they show Hera in, they are sure to have a pan-in or pan-out shot showing her rear-end. Not a complaint, just a funny observation.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

It's funny that almost every scene they show Hera in, they are sure to have a pan-in or pan-out shot showing her rear-end. Not a complaint, just a funny observation.
They do that with Sabine too. In the animated show, Hera was indeed "pretty" to the extent that a green cartoon character with weird head appendages can be called pretty. I was trying to figure out where I knew Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Hera) from, she was Gwen in Sky High. Good casting as her face does look like the animated Hera. Side note: she's married to Ewan McGregor for that Star Wars connection.

Certainly not great, but it's good enough. I don't know if those without the backstory of Rebels might like it more or less.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
They do that with Sabine too. In the animated show, Hera was indeed "pretty" to the extent that a green cartoon character with weird head appendages can be called pretty. I was trying to figure out where I knew Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Hera) from, she was Gwen in Sky High. Good casting as her face does look like the animated Hera. Side note: she's married to Ewan McGregor for that Star Wars connection.

Certainly not great, but it's good enough. I don't know if those without the backstory of Rebels might like it more or less.
She was also a lead charachter in one season of the Fargo series. That was a really good show (particularly the first season) if you haven't seen it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Watched Season 1 of AppleTV's Foundation, and made it through this time. It is really good. The plot of a dying empire trying to hold off chaos might seem familiar, because Asimov's Foundation books were a big influence for Star Wars. It is hard to follow at times, because the rulers of the empire are clones, which makes the time jumps very confusing. It is worth it if you like SciFi, but I only have the energy for one show like this every 3 months or so.

I like that the good guys are not that good, and the empire's rationale for why they rule is explained. It is not a simple good vs. evil plot, unlike, say, Star Wars.

Foundation Season 2 is really good. Season 1 is a bit dense, but the payoff in Season 2 is worth it.

The politics of this universe get as complicated and interesting as Game of Thrones' early seasons. Some of the secondary characters that felt like time fillers in Season 1 get a lot more interesting in season 2.

The plot follows a very different arc than any other Sci Fi or Fantasy. Most shows and series show the villains winning right up to the very end, at which point there is some major plot twist and the good guys win. In Foundation, the empire is slowly losing almost every episode, and getting more desperate and brutal to try to hold onto power as it gets weaker. It is also not clear if Hari is the hero or a tyrant in waiting. Many of the other major characters aren't sure either.

Jared Harris is a great actor, but Lee Pace dominates every scene he is in. He is both terrifying and confused and failing in every episode, and it is riveting. He won't win a Best Actor for this, but he should. Ella-Rae Smith is really good as the Queen.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Foundation Season 2 is really good. Season 1 is a bit dense, but the payoff in Season 2 is worth it.

The politics of this universe get as complicated and interesting as Game of Thrones' early seasons. Some of the secondary characters that felt like time fillers in Season 1 get a lot more interesting in season 2.

The plot follows a very different arc than any other Sci Fi or Fantasy. Most shows and series show the villains winning right up to the very end, at which point there is some major plot twist and the good guys win. In Foundation, the empire is slowly losing almost every episode, and getting more desperate and brutal to try to hold onto power as it gets weaker. It is also not clear if Hari is the hero or a tyrant in waiting. Many of the other major characters aren't sure either.

Jared Harris is a great actor, but Lee Pace dominates every scene he is in. He is both terrifying and confused and failing in every episode, and it is riveting. He won't win a Best Actor for this, but he should. Ella-Rae Smith is really good as the Queen.
Agreed. It's much more coherent this season. Some very good acting, especially from Pace.

Reaction Score

Frankly I thought I knew Foundation but there are things in this I didn't remember or understand. Sure they played loosely with genders and other things here and there. When I researched though I discovered whole backstories that have been there all along and I just didn't know, i.e. Demerzel (I, Robot; Cleon, Seldon).

This series has been an eye opener.

Beautiful production, gotta cost a fortune. I only wish the lavishness doesn't get it cancelled.

Reaction Score
You're gonna laugh at this, but I have a friend with insomnia who told me they had been up lately late night (or early morning) watching Leave it to Beaver reruns.

I used to love that show as a kid and started binging it. I'm gonna tell you what. The writing is really funny and sharp and both Beav and Wally have comedic chops! I am really enjoying it and find myself LOL'ing a couple times an episode.

CL82

Reaction Score

Lol I'll have to look for that. I started this as well. It seems good. Having never watched Clone Wars, I am sure that I am missing a lot of references to it. On the other hand I was surprised by the number of Rebels references.

I'm pretty sure the actress who plays Hera is the same actress who played the villain in Sky High.

CL82

Reaction Score
Frankly I thought I knew Foundation but there are things in this I didn't remember or understand. Sure they played loosely with genders and other things here and there. When I researched though I discovered whole backstories that have been there all along and I just didn't know, i.e. Demerzel (I, Robot; Cleon, Seldon).

This series has been an eye opener.

Beautiful production, gotta cost a fortune. I only wish the lavishness doesn't get it cancelled.
I watch the first season of this and it deviated pretty dramatically from the Foundation novels.

Reaction Score
Lol I'll have to look for that. I started this as well. It seems good. Having never watched Clone Wars, I am sure that I am missing a lot of references to it. On the other hand I was surprised by the number of Rebels references.

I'm pretty sure the actress who plays Hera is the same actress who played the villain in Sky High.
The actress was also in the 2016 series Brain Dead

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

It is.

From a Star Wars fan/canon perspective, Clone Wars was very good. The writing was excellent and they did several episodes that were nods to the non Star Wars cinematic past, like a whole Seven Samurai episode they dedicated to Kurosawa. The only character from that who show up here is Ahsoka. She was Anakin’s Padawan. That show handled his change into Vader much better than the prequels. If you watch it, you’ll be even more disappointed by the prequels.

Hera, Sabine, Thrawn, Ezra and most of these characters come from Star Wars Rebels. Targeted at a younger audience than Clone Wars but still pretty good.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Wheel of Time - Season 2. So far, better than season 1. This show diverges from the books, sometimes in ways I dint understand. But it’s still pretty good.

Foundation - Season 2. Also better than season 1 so far. Doing a better job of explaining things and there’s less time jumping. Lee Pace is really good this season and Jared Harris is always a standout.
Watched first 4 episodes of WOT. I am on book 4. I really like it so far. The deviation from the books is actually kind of cool, although I hope they bring it all back to the book soon. Other than too many actresses with frequent flyer cards from the dermatologist, I’ve enjoyed the plot adjustments, casting and chaotic characters.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom