What are you binge watching? | Page 23 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Currently on Season seven of Monk. Tried to like it several times in the past, but could t get into it.

This time, I'm liking it.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
early, half hour episodes of gunsmoke, and early episodes of rifleman.
never saw this stuff before. the stark, brutal, moral choices presented in them (time and place) are thought-provoking, like the one where matt dillon has to deal with psyco-looney bin 'death wish' movie guy. marshall matt knows at once that this guy is no good, but a lot of people will die first before he gets taken out.
and, in the rifleman, chuck connors tells teenage dennis hopper that 'if i don't make it back, you will raise my boy.' they all just recently met!
harsh living on the frontier. don't go unless u have quick wits, and a quick trigger finger.

Reaction Score
Just finished After Party, that was a decently fun time.

Watching Severance as well. Intriguing beginnings with that one. Will definitely continue.

Working through Succession with the wife. Took a full season to completely hook me but it's truly great. Just slow going for us with the others shows taking up time.

Trying to watch Euphoria but its so stupidly over the top and implausible.

Stuck all the way through it with Peacemaker. Really didn't like it to begin with but it got better and better.

Rewatching Rick and Morty. It's so freaking hilarious. Anyone who grew up on The Simpsons and Futurama is destined to love it.

@ZooCougar gonna hop back into The Boys soon.

There are a million more shows I'm meaning to...

Reaction Score
Just finished After Party, that was a decently fun time.

Watching Severance as well. Intriguing beginnings with that one. Will definitely continue.

Working through Succession with the wife. Took a full season to completely hook me but it's truly great. Just slow going for us with the others shows taking up time.

Trying to watch Euphoria but its so stupidly over the top and implausible.

Stuck all the way through it with Peacemaker. Really didn't like it to begin with but it got better and better.

Rewatching Rick and Morty. It's so freaking hilarious. Anyone who grew up on The Simpsons and Futurama is destined to love it.

@ZooCougar gonna hop back into The Boys soon.

There are a million more shows I'm meaning to...

I’m waiting for a few more episodes to launch before starting Severance.

Reaction Score
early, half hour episodes of gunsmoke, and early episodes of rifleman.
never saw this stuff before. the stark, brutal, moral choices presented in them (time and place) are thought-provoking, like the one where matt dillon has to deal with psyco-looney bin 'death wish' movie guy. marshall matt knows at once that this guy is no good, but a lot of people will die first before he gets taken out.
and, in the rifleman, chuck connors tells teenage dennis hopper that 'if i don't make it back, you will raise my boy.' they all just recently met!
harsh living on the frontier. don't go unless u have quick wits, and a quick trigger finger.

Surprised you aren’t watching Seal Team on CBS there Calr.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Anyone start watching "Nine Perfect Strangers" on Hulu yet?
I'm WAY late to respond, but halfway thru the series now. It's kinda slow, intriguing enough to continue. A lot of build up, I sure hope there is a pay off.

Probably my biggest reason for watching it is Grace Van Patten, I've really become a fan of her. There are some big names in the cast, but she holds her own.

Also, while it's fairly weird, this is by far the closest to normal thing I've seen Samara Weaving in. She's usual in totally gonzo, over the top, crazy violent stuff (Mayhem, Guns Akimbo, Ready or Not).

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Watched a 4 part miniseries on Hulu "Safe Harbour.' Fairly good, got melodramatic at times with a bit too much dumb from too many characters. But it has Phoebe Tonkin in it so that makes it all worthwhile.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m waiting for a few more episodes to launch before starting Severance.
I watched a couple and it was too plodding. I may go back to it after the season

CL82

Reaction Score
Can’t be worse than Invasion and Foundation.
Oh, come on, foundation has action. But I do get the same sense of pacing with all three shows.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just finished up Season 3 of Snowpiercer. Sean Bean is quite good as Wilton. Ultimately this show based on a movie is much better than the move. It's not great, but surprisingly kept me entertained. Good character development can solve lots of problems. One neat trick is that each episode has an initial few minutes narrated by one of the characters from their view and it constantly changes.

Started the latest season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. This remains a great show. Rachel Broshanan is indeed marvelous in more ways than one. They seem to be taking her to slightly darker places ala Lenny Bruce.

Started season 6 of Outlander on Starz. If you haven't watched it, it really is well done. There is a dash of fantasy (time travel via standing stones), and more than enough romance for your significant other (or you), but also a lot of gritty history/war/action, starting around the time of the Jacobite rebellion. Some of it is pretty brutal and they do a decent job of showing how a fairly modern person would need to adapt to that time. The series of books is wildly popular, and the show took it to another level. So much so, that the Scots had to finally build a proper museum at the Culloden battlefield because so many people were coming to visit it.

Reaction Score
I'm three episodes in to a new HBO series from Australia called, The Tourist. Basic premise is a guy is in a car accident and wakes up with amnesia not knowing who he is or why people are trying to kill him. Some good humor mixed in as well.

CL82

Reaction Score
Pssh, a disaster? Like the Hindenburg? Like Syracuse’s coaching succession plan? I think not.

CL82

Reaction Score
By the end I thought it was pretty good. But the route it took to get there could have been a lot better.
Yeah, I’m kind of fading on it because it deviated so much from the books. It’s OK, but not as good as I had hoped for

Reaction Score
I didn't read the books. So no preconceptions of what it should be.

I tried to read the first one. It really wasn’t my bag. But I know enough about it that the tv show has been made in a way that it will appeal to people who even have a IQ of 90.

Also. The TV show has as one of its most dramatic moments a point where Hari is telling another character about how an individual can change the course of history, literally contradicting the whole philosophy contained in Asimov’s books.

It would be like making a show about Jesus, where instead of turning the other cheek he put on a skull r shirt and started calling himself The Punisher.

CL82

Reaction Score
Also. The TV show has as one of its most dramatic moments a point where Hari is telling another character about how an individual can change the course of history, literally contradicting the whole philosophy contained in Asimov’s books
Yeah, that’s wrong. The whole Mule thread in the books shows that not to be true. If it were true, then the second foundation would be entirely unnecessary.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that’s wrong. The whole Mule thread in the books shows that not to be true. If it were true, then the second foundation would be entirely unnecessary.

It’s not wrong. Wasn’t not predicting the Mule the biggest failure of Psychohistory? Why would a Selden proactively contradict himself before they even get to whatever the name of that planet was. The show has no idea what it is doing.

CL82

Reaction Score
It’s not wrong. Wasn’t not predicting the Mule the biggest failure of Psychohistory? Why would a Selden proactively contradict himself before they even get to whatever the name of that planet was. The show has no idea what it is doing.
Let me try a different way. Psychohistory didn’t guarantee an outcome, it just predicted the most likely outcome. There was always a risk that the predicted outcome would not occur. That was the reason for the existence of the second foundation.

I agree with you, though, the series is only loosely based upon the books. I’m not entirely convinced I’ll go back to it when the new season starts.

Reaction Score
Let me try a different way. Psychohistory didn’t guarantee an outcome, it just predicted the most likely outcome. There was always a risk that the predicted outcome would not occur. That was the reason for the existence of the second foundation.

I agree with you, though, the series is only loosely based upon the books. I’m not entirely convinced I’ll go back to it when the new season starts.

The Empire storyline was quality average work. But the rest was like the scribbles my five year old does with his crayons.

CL82

Reaction Score
The Empire storyline was quality average work. But the rest was like the scribbles my five year old does with his crayons.
The Empire storyline was entirely a creation of the show writers. I wasn’t a fan. The rest of the storyline was mostly a creation of the show writers, I still wasn’t a fan.

Reaction Score
The Empire storyline was entirely a creation of the show writers. I wasn’t a fan. The rest of the storyline was mostly a creation of the show writers, I still wasn’t a fan.

Empire could have been a standalone original show. It was the only storyline that was any good.

Let’s go count primes undewater. Gosh if there ever was a Mary Sue, it was her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom