What are the odds? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What are the odds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Stop it. Nothing Herbst is doing is hurting us. The BE needs us and isn't kicking us out. Any one of our conference-mates will jump if presented the chance.

No one is coming for UConn. The Big East is our league, and the smart move is to sign a rights lockup like the Big 12 is doing. Time to move on.

Reaction Score
No one is coming for UConn. The Big East is our league, and the smart move is to sign a rights lockup like the Big 12 is doing. Time to move on.
Who do you propose adding that will keep us as a BCS league...the service academies...Army did REAL well today! Face it the ONLY way BE football survives is if they split with basketball schools! If you think schools like PC, St John's didn't play a HUGE role in Cus/Pitt leaving I have a few bridges to sell you in NYC! There is ABSOLUTELY no way I sign over meda rights to a conference run by that idiot Marinatto..ESPECIALLY if schools like PC and St John's will make any money what-so-ever from signing those rights over! And didn't Marinatto boast of raising the BE exit fee after tbe meeting the football schols had in NYC; only to be told by conference members it was not getting raised?

Reaction Score

No one is going to give the Big East a competitive rights fee. More than what we get now? Yes, but a fraction of what the others will be getting on the next-go-around.

What do you do when more teams leave?

In the next five years, I say it's a 1 in 4 chance.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Who from within the B-12 has signed?

More importantly, what exactly are we risking by being open and honest enough with present (and possibly future) partners? Why would lying to them be a better move?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Who from within the B-12 has signed?

More importantly, what exactly are we risking by being open and honest enough with present (and possibly future) partners? Why would lying to them be a better move?

Everything unravels. Recruiting, coaches, everything, if the members are not committed to each other. Why are we risking everything for options that do not exist?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Who do you propose adding that will keep us as a BCS league...the service academies...Army did REAL well today! Face it the ONLY way BE football survives is if they split with basketball schools! If you think schools like PC, St John's didn't play a HUGE role in Cus/Pitt leaving I have a few bridges to sell you in NYC! There is ABSOLUTELY no way I sign over meda rights to a conference run by that idiot Marinatto..ESPECIALLY if schools like PC and St John's will make any money what-so-ever from signing those rights over! And didn't Marinatto boast of raising the BE exit fee after tbe meeting the football schols had in NYC; only to be told by conference members it was not getting raised?

Make sure to turn out the lights then. Shows over if we don't.

Reaction Score
Syrause and Pitt left for the money the ACC had to offer. The basketball schools had nothing to do with it. If splitting off to form a new league was the answer, why didn't it happen?

If your going to acuse certain schools of being the problem at least have the decency to present some proof. Just to jar your feeble mind, there would never have been a Big East without schools like PC and St. Johns. The Big East was created by Dave Gavitt at PC who was nice enough to invite UConn to join. At the time, UConn was a nobody in college sports. Without the success of the Big East, UConn would never have had the basketball success it has had. The league was formed for basketball not football.

If anyone is an idiot, it's you. You don't know what you are talking about. UConn is nothing special in football and won't be for a long time.

Reaction Score
Maybe if you take some time to read my former posts about the basketball schools and their feelings about football and any schools that play football in the BE you will see I have presented proof...not rumor or hearsay..conversations with a surgeon who is a member of St John's athletics medical staff about Fr Harrington and how he and the original schools viewed football....they were to be seen and not heard...just sit in the corner and say nothing...but oh yeah make us money! Yeah the Big East gave UConn the platform to become what it is...but UConn also invested the money! NOT like PC who shut down a very highly succesful baseball program or St Johns who dismantled their football team! So have fun rooting for a PC team that hasn't been relevent since Rick Barnes left. As for the idiot remark...only reference I made to idiot was describing that IDIOT BE Commissioner John Marinatto...like I just said have fun rooting for that irrelevent school PC! Oh yeah when the gravy train ends with the ESPN contract, with the "new" BE getting a much less money deal what other sports is PC gonna cut?

Reaction Score
SyraPitt left for the stability the ACC could offer. The BE was poised to get paid in a years time if they stuck together. With the different athletic missions and preferred directions of the FB schools compared to the non FB schools was not lending to stability. Add to that RU whoring itself to the B10 a year ago, and then WVU lobbying the SEC, and that doesn't help either. So now here weare, and UConn is the one being vocal and honest about their desire to get away from this train wreck of a league.
Syrause and Pitt left for the money the ACC had to offer. The basketball schools had nothing to do with it. If splitting off to form a new league was the answer, why didn't it happen?

If your going to acuse certain schools of being the problem at least have the decency to present some proof. Just to jar your feeble mind, there would never have been a Big East without schools like PC and St. Johns. The Big East was created by Dave Gavitt at PC who was nice enough to invite UConn to join. At the time, UConn was a nobody in college sports. Without the success of the Big East, UConn would never have had the basketball success it has had. The league was formed for basketball not football.

If anyone is an idiot, it's you. You don't know what you are talking about. UConn is nothing special in football and won't be for a long time.

Reaction Score
The new BE will be nothing more than a glorified MAC or C-USA conference. Do you realise that the richest tradition in football for playing at the BCS lvel will be WVU....if they stay, and Rutgers. Everyone else is 11 years or less, and some are suggesting adding ECU, UCF, service academies.

No other BCS conference takes teams from C-USA or MAC to bolster the strength of their conference.........except the BE. I don't think BE retains its BCS automatic qualifier status......goes to Mountain West

I don't think the new BE will have to worry ever again about being raided......who is going to select teams from a waterdown weak conference?

Reaction Score
Maybe if you take some time to read my former posts about the basketball schools and their feelings about football and any schools that play football in the BE you will see I have presented proof...not rumor or hearsay..conversations with a surgeon who is a member of St John's athletics medical staff about Fr Harrington and how he and the original schools viewed football....they were to be seen and not heard...just sit in the corner and say nothing...but oh yeah make us money! Yeah the Big East gave UConn the platform to become what it is...but UConn also invested the money! NOT like PC who shut down a very highly succesful baseball program or St Johns who dismantled their football team! So have fun rooting for a PC team that hasn't been relevent since Rick Barnes left. As for the idiot remark...only reference I made to idiot was describing that IDIOT BE Commissioner John Marinatto...like I just said have fun rooting for that irrelevent school PC! Oh yeah when the gravy train ends with the ESPN contract, with the "new" BE getting a much less money deal what other sports is PC gonna cut?
You're angry at the wrong people. The league has repeatedly tried to build a quality football conference. But your rant begs the question why have the schools that play football not split off? Could it be the basketball only schools add value to the Big East? By the way, I'm a UConn alum not a PC fan.

Reaction Score
You're angry at the wrong people. The league has repeatedly tried to build a quality football conference. But your rant begs the question why have the schools that play football not split off? Could it be the basketball only schools add value to the Big East? By the way, I'm a UConn alum not a PC fan.
Of course the Catholics added value, up to a point. What we're seeing now is we have reached that point.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

FYI, conversations with a surgeon who knows Fr. Harrington and tells you what Fr. Harrington said is the very definition of hearsay.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think its 60/30/10, Acc/BE/B1G. Those saying a BE with UCF,ECU,TCU plus one more could be better than the BE of these past two years aren't way off. USF, UCF, Cincy, TCU, have been in and around the Top 25. But the hit to the BE brand has been tremendous.

Say what you want about the many choke jobs of Pitt, but they recruited like a Top 25 team were in a huge football area and had a history that bought some much needed weight to the conference. Same could also be said for Syracuse (non-Rob edition).

The new BE would be essentially starting over as a Mtn West level conference in brand and perception. It would take a number of years and BCS wins to change that. I am not sure the conference has that kind of time.

It appears safer to jump if a suitable landing spot can be found.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
85% ACC
15% B10

I don't think the BEAST is an option if the B12 survives. It will pluck a few football schools

Reaction Score
I hope Louisville and WV leave soon just so I can stop reading Waylon's posts about the great reorganization of the BE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom