What a national football only conference might look like | The Boneyard

What a national football only conference might look like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can these schools find homes for their other sports and then sell this to NBC? I'm confident UCONN could stay in the Big East for its other sports.
East
Uconn
Cincy
USF
UCF
Navy
Rutgers
Houston
SMU
East Carolina

West
Boise
SD
BYU
Airforce
New Mexico
Nevada
Fresno
Colorado State
UNLV

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I almost starting crying while reading that!:(

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Can these schools find homes for their other sports and then sell this to NBC?
East
Uconn
Cincy
USF
UCF
Navy
Rutgers
Houston
SMU
East Carolina

West
Boise
SD
BYU
Airforce
New Mexico
Nevada
Fresno
Colorado State
UNLV

i think u have to play all sports. the west schools would have no where to put other sports considering whats going on with the wac/mwc. but at this point getting a national conf together would be best for uconn considering everything. work our ass off to make something like this then suceed in it and 1 day we will get our invite elsewhere. until that day we need to do whats best for us. maybe play fball as 1 league of 18 with the division winners facing off in a ship game at the home team higher ranking wise....

in other sports make it a east and west own leagues. so the big east would be east fball schools plus bball only schools. the west can do the west bball schools and add a couple bball schools and do that. nbc would eat that up big time for a contract. same with all other sports east-west sperate.

East:
uconn/ruty/temple/navy/lville/cincy/memphis/usf/ucf
on deck-ecu/army
+ gtown/nova/sju/prov/dep/marq for other sports

West:
sdsu/fresno/byu//smu/uh/bsu/unlv/unr
on deck-utst/cst/3rd texas school
+zaga/cst/creigh/wich/stmary/nm for other sports

this gets us a huge tv contract with all the games and time slots. the more $$ the better right now for us, doesn't matter how crazy it looks as long as were getting $$ into our programs.

Reaction Score
The West teams can form an all sports league and even incorporate Houston and SMU into it, but I'm assuming UCONN would want to stay in the Big East for everything else.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The West teams can form an all sports league and even incorporate Houston and SMU into it, but I'm assuming UCONN would want to stay in the Big East for everything else.

ok but everyone having all sports all under the same umbrella league even tho the divisons dont see each other gets the league bigger and better rankings and payouts for those sports. also memphis and temple are in this league. can't leave them out. so the tex schools are west...

Reaction Score
What might it look like?

crap_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members