What a game | The Boneyard

What a game

Reaction Score
I am way too busy at work to drink this much during the week. And for those questioning the strength of my pimp hand I begged off doing the dishes to watch this . So there.

The Hurley ejection was clown stuff from that official. Absolutely unacceptable. The first tech was fine but use some common sense for me one time. He’s got a smile on his face amping up the crowd and you want to be the center of attention. Pearl clutchers in the “he’s immature” brigade can eat one.

Proud of this crew. Nova didn’t play poorly, they are hard to beat, and they got it done. Props to Kimani, Cole, Jackson, Tyrese, Whaley, the big man, Polley, everybody. Great effort. Great win. I am ecstatic for these kids.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I am way too busy at work to drink this much during the week. And for those questioning the strength of my pimp hand I begged off doing the dishes to watch this . So there.

The Hurley ejection was clown stuff from that official. Absolutely unacceptable. The first tech was fine but use some common sense for me one time. He’s got a smile on his face amping up the crowd and you want to be the center of attention. Pearl clutchers in the “he’s immature” brigade can eat one.

Proud of this crew. Nova didn’t play poorly, they are hard to beat, and they got it done. Props to Kimani, Cole, Jackson, Tyrese, Whaley, the big man, Polley, everybody. Great effort. Great win. I am ecstatic for these kids.
After the stupid second tech we got a bushel of calls we almost never get vs Nova so I will take it.

Reaction Score
Every time Nova took a 3 I thought it was going in. Seemed like they all did in the 2nd half. Tremendous win. Showed some real cahones all around. Interior D was pretty great. Riding high
They made several where we had a hand in their face during the middle stretch of the second half (The one Slater hit at the end of the shot clock really sucked) that had me thinking it might just be their night.

Reaction Score
ESPN game flow graph shows how closely contested the game was throughout. It almost looks like one line.

Reaction Score
The pop from the crowd when the charge was called with 1 and change to go was deafening. Still shocked we got that call. I can't remember the last time I saw a charged called in the final seconds of the game.

Reaction Score
In the long run, the ejection amped up the crowd, players, and yes probably got a couple of make up calls for it in the long run. Cannot complain.
Amazing that the biggest one of all FINALLY didn’t go Gillespie’s way. I think he got called for the first time this season for using that damn push off. It took moving a guy as big as Sanogo to get the call! Funny the closest ref didn’t appear to make the call either. An even more satisfying win with RJ getting the best of him at the end.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
After the stupid second tech we got a bushel of calls we almost never get vs Nova so I will take it.
There were a ton of calls that went against us after the techs.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
ESPN game flow graph shows how closely contested the game was throughout. It almost looks like one line.
If you were there watching the game it seemed closely contested as well.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Just awesome!
Reminded me of games of yore.

Reaction Score
The pop from the crowd when the charge was called with 1 and change to go was deafening. Still shocked we got that call. I can't remember the last time I saw a charged called in the final seconds of the game.

Honestly, the heat the ref(s) took all game after the Hurley ejection from the crowd was brutal l, delicious, and 100% warranted.

The “Ref you suck” chants were absolutely deafening.

It HAD to be in their heads that if they called anything other than an offensive foul there that there was a quantifiable chance something real bad could happen. I’m not condoning anything like that at all, but you know it’s at least in their heads.

Reaction Score
You really felt the senior leadership and the guys playing and trusting each other. This will go a long way.

Reaction Score
Honestly, the heat the ref(s) took all game after the Hurley ejection from the crowd was brutal l, delicious, and 100% warranted.

The “Ref you suck” chants were absolutely deafening.

It HAD to be in their heads that if they called anything other than an offensive foul there that there was a quantifiable chance something real bad could happen. I’m not condoning anything like that at all, but you know it’s at least in their heads.
I'm not exaggerating at all when I say, from where I was sitting it was clear how red their faces were and how much they were sweating.

Reaction Score
I thought the game was extremely well officiated except for Hurley's ejection. As a disclaimer, I will consider any game to be well officiated whenever Sanogo is not in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Definitely believe the right call was made on Gillespie at end of game.. Was surprised that the ref had the onions to make that call despite the fact of its correctness.

Question looking forward to MSG. Neutral floor.. BET .. Semi/Final game .Same play/same circumstance. Do we still get the (right) call? I would hope so- Not sure. Impact of crowd was priceless.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom