What a big surprise...Cuse's Southerland won his appeal... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What a big surprise...Cuse's Southerland won his appeal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LOL...nah just some delicious irony after reading your board...hard to throw rocks in glass houses...both programs have crap like this.

18-22 year olds, liquor, women...crap happens.

Don't worry I'm sure we'll have some new drama soon.

Timing by Enosch was awful huh? We'll allow a little pebble tossing for now as it is well deserved Mark. I just hope he didn't steal the girls bathrobe...LOL

Reaction Score
Timing by Enosch was awful huh? We'll allow a little pebble tossing for now as it is well deserved. I just hope he didn't steal the girls bathrobe...LOL

He (MCW) won't be our problem next year...as I bet he goes pro...although I think another year in college would help his maturity and court game.

Reaction Score
He (MCW) won't be our problem next year...as I bet he goes pro...although I think another year in college would help his maturity and court game.

Despite the numbers, the inconsistency against better competition and his attitude may make the Cuse even better next year without him. Could be wrong but he's a tough guy to play with. Rather throw a "hero's" pass than a normal one while a guy is open for jumper and that becomes tough to play with. A little like Rondo?!?!

Reaction Score
I went over to their board tonight to see their thoughts on the game this week. Obviously going to be even tougher without another big body inside.

I know every fan base as their "crazies" but man are they on another planet. Look right now their program is in better shape than us. No one is denying that. Stability within the program (Ollie), new practice facility (coming), and conference realignment (unknown) can change that quickly.

But I really don't get their "objective" arguments over there. Cuse is a good to great program. No UCONN fan really should deny that. But they make it sound as if UCONN is on the same level as a Butler or Gonzaga. Syracuse has been a better program for longer. No argument here.

But SDHusky posted some good stats over there. In total time in the BE, UCONN has 8 Big East Championships...Syracuse 5. Same final 4s. UCONN has more Elite 8s, and the obvious 3-1 National Championship edge.

Marsh01 and their other posters are oblivious to this, so there is no point in trying to even have a rational conversation. They hate us, we hate them, I guess we should just leave it at that.

Reaction Score
They have a thread about how Carmelo Anthony should be the MVP. I stopped reading the board right there.

Reaction Score
I went over to their board tonight to see their thoughts on the game this week. Obviously going to be even tougher without another big body inside.

I know every fan base as their "crazies" but man are they on another planet. Look right now their program is in better shape than us. No one is denying that. Stability within the program (Ollie), new practice facility (coming), and conference realignment (unknown) can change that quickly.

But I really don't get their "objective" arguments over there. Cuse is a good to great program. No UCONN fan really should deny that. But they make it sound as if UCONN is on the same level as a Butler or Gonzaga. Syracuse has been a better program for longer. No argument here.

But SDHusky posted some good stats over there. In total time in the BE, UCONN has 8 Big East Championships...Syracuse 5. Same final 4s. UCONN has more Elite 8s, and the obvious 3-1 National Championship edge.

Marsh01 and their other posters are oblivious to this, so there is no point in trying to even have a rational conversation. They hate us, we hate them, I guess we should just leave it at that.

Good post and a rational one, something you can not and will never find over there. They still have the immature Yukon, UConnvict theme and Calhoun's a cheater crap over there so you know going in these aren't knowledgable fans just bandwagon boneheads..........Agree they are certainly in a better place as of now and Wednesday has a huge potential to be ugly because the match up is plain horrible for our Huskies. They are long, they deny the inbounds and we suck getting it in bounds. They're big and long even if we get back and we have no one to finish if they creep out to take the jumper away. And they rebound pretty good and if we miss the run outs could make for quick death. ........having said that JB retiring could do the same for them, quick death in the ACC. What comes around goes around..........as I said before I'm willing to throw a wager on who gets to their next NC first of these 2.........I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter if we're in the MAC (lol morons) or wherever we will still beat them to that goal!!!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

They acknowledge our edge in Final 8's every year after they flame out in the big dance.

Reaction Score
same thing happened with Melo last year, usually when your declared academically ineligible after a semester your done, but these guys keep magically coming back.
You guys heard what happened with Melo, right? Seems he failed a math class and that is what made him ineligible. But Boeheim and the school president and the AD pressured the professor to give him a new exam. But given the time crunch, they arranged to have the exam at center court of the dome before the last game of the year. So Melo, Boeheim and the professor all met at Center court. The prof asked Melo "how much is 2+2?" This being higher math and all. So Melo sweats, starts to answer...stops, rethinks his answer...asks if he can phone a friend, but that doesn't work. Finally, the old prof say that he needs an answer in 10 seconds so they can get on with the game. With the clock running down, Melo blurts out..."Four!" The entire dome starts chanting "Give him another chance! Give him another chance!"

Reaction Score
Good post and a rational one, something you can not and will never find over there. They still have the immature Yukon, UConnvict theme and Calhoun's a cheater crap over there so you know going in these aren't knowledgable fans just bandwagon boneheads..........Agree they are certainly in a better place as of now and Wednesday has a huge potential to be ugly because the match up is plain horrible for our Huskies. They are long, they deny the inbounds and we suck getting it in bounds. They're big and long even if we get back and we have no one to finish if they creep out to take the jumper away. And they rebound pretty good and if we miss the run outs could make for quick death. ........having said that JB retiring could do the same for them, quick death in the ACC. What comes around goes around..........as I said before I'm willing to throw a wager on who gets to their next NC first of these 2.........I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter if we're in the MAC (lol morons) or wherever we will still beat them to that goal!!!

So many posters there are either too young, or became fans recently. They don't recall the 1993 NCAA ban for recruiting violations. Every once in a while, one of their posters will actually inform them: "We cheated too."

The irony of UConnvict and Calhoun the cheater. Those who live in glass houses.........

Reaction Score
So many posters there are either too young, or became fans recently. They don't recall the 1993 NCAA ban for recruiting violations. Every once in a while, one of their posters will actually inform them: "We cheated too."

The irony of UConnvict and Calhoun the cheater. Those who live in glass houses.........

How about Andre Hawkins raping another team's cheerleader at the BE tourney or NCAA tourney years ago? Maybe the worst thing any player in BE history has done!

Reaction Score
How about Andre Hawkins raping another team's cheerleader at the BE tourney or NCAA tourney years ago? Maybe the worst thing any player in BE history has done!

The list goes on and on. And, of course, they cover a lot of it up over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom