What a big surprise...Cuse's Southerland won his appeal... | The Boneyard

What a big surprise...Cuse's Southerland won his appeal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Playing vs SJU today.

So we'll see the complete" SU team on Wed. in Hartford.

I was wondering how you get declared academically ineligible as a senior but then get reinstated?? Just wondering.

Reaction Score
Syracuse always seems to get a pass. Whether it was the recruiting scandals in the 90's or academics, I guess their don't stink.

Reaction Score
same thing happened with Melo last year, usually when your declared academically ineligible after a semester your done, but these guys keep magically coming back.

Reaction Score
Cuse had no choice but to reinstate him. They are perilously close to APR banning. I'm sure this was pointed out to the faculty. Don't forget about the professor who resigned after being bullied by the AD--it was in the Nocera article on the Fine fallout last year.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
The corrupt power that the basketball program has over the Syracuse administration never ceases to amaze!

Reaction Score
Syracuse....where promising high school players futures go to die. With Southerland back they'll bow out of the NCAA tourney in second round instead of the first.

Reaction Score
There certainly does seem to be a lot of "misunderstandings" that they walk away from clean after the story break.

I bet a Cuse fan at work Southerland would be back playing before the end of the year. Easiest money I ever made.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Some power that be at the Cuse must have been promised time with Mrs. Fine.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Karma is coming cuse friends. I forgive most of your sins, including banming me :), but the joy you take in the impact of conference reallignment on this program will come around on you hard. In 5 years, when JB is hangin em up and the ACC is a shell of what you sold out for, know you deserved it.

Reaction Score
Karma is coming cuse friends. I forgive most of your sins, including banming me :), but the joy you take in the impact of conference reallignment on this program will come around on you hard. In 5 years, when JB is hangin em up and the ACC is a shell of what you sold out for, know you deserved it.

Sweet words of poetry.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
These stories have a way of burying themselves -- don't underestimate the sway Syracuse folk have in sports media. I was gonna call them sleeper cells, but they shamelessly operate out in the open.

Reaction Score
These stories have a way of burying themselves -- don't underestimate the sway Syracuse folk have in sports media. I was gonna call them sleeper cells, but they shamelessly operate out in the open.

Plus you actually have to HAVE media for anyone to care.........and while there are no reporters in the actual vicinity for the newspapers, their alumni out there on radio and TV aren't going to talk about it. They're hoping a UConn kid smokes another bone with a campus cop watching!

Reaction Score
Uncharacteristically petty and antagonistic Mark. Go cool out.

LOL...nah just some delicious irony after reading your board...hard to throw rocks in glass houses...both programs have crap like this.

18-22 year olds, liquor, women...crap happens.

Don't worry I'm sure we'll have some new drama soon.

Reaction Score
Mark -

I think what upsets Uconn fans is Cuse looked on the verge of failing the APR, and magically with the snap of a finger, all is well and Southerland is back like nothing ever happened. That's the benefit of being a private institution I suppose.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Mark -

I think what upsets Uconn fans is Cuse looked on the verge of failing the APR, and magically with the snap of a finger, all is well and Southerland is back like nothing ever happened. That's the benefit of being a private institution I suppose.
That's the thing. No amount of altercations or "karmic comeuppances" on our side will make up for the fact that every incident at Cuse seems to be miraculously swept under the rug -- or that they would have faced an APR postseason ban had the NCAA decided to retroactively punish schools a mere 12 months sooner. If karma is real, they should be very concerned.

Reaction Score
Mark -

I think what upsets Uconn fans is Cuse looked on the verge of failing the APR, and magically with the snap of a finger, all is well and Southerland is back like nothing ever happened.

All I heard is it was over one paragraph in one term paper last year...it came out after Melo's Academic buffonery. I know you guys are hoping we get probation...but it looks like it isn't going to happen. I hate the one/two years and done's and how it creates a sham but it is the life of a high major.

By all indications Southerland is a decent kid...IIRC never any issues before this.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Some power that be at the Cuse must have been promised time with Mrs. Fine.
Or promised that they would not have any time with her, which is likely to be a stronger incentive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom