What…no Death Storm thread? NM | Page 6 | The Boneyard

What…no Death Storm thread? NM

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This storm stretches from Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula to north of Ottowa, Canada.

Capture.JPG

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Good for you. Wish I had the time to do that.
They vary in length. Sometimes it's just down the street for a couple houses. Most of the time, I go around the block (about a 1/2 mile). Yet other times I'll go for 1-3 mile hikes, but those are less frequent, particularly with two. The puppy is around 70 lbs. (he was 15 pounds when we adopted him) He is very playful but doesn't have the greatest recall. Our older dog hovers around 45-50 pounds.

Reaction Score
Been raining since 11am in NYC. Expect downpour after 8pm. Major flooding - NJ gov declares state of emergency.

Reaction Score
Sitting on the tarmac at Bradley for an hour and a half, I told the flight attendant they should deplane us. O'Hara grounded all flights in and out. They opened it back up but everything is delayed now.

Reaction Score
Been raining since 11am in NYC. Expect downpour after 8pm. Major flooding - NJ gov declares state of emergency.
My son in Morris County NJ had to leave his house right before Christmas with the flooding, waiting to see what this storm has in store for him. Already has a delayed opening where he teaches tomorrow.
They would be better off with snow than rain.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My son in Morris County NJ had to leave his house right before Christmas with the flooding, waiting to see what this storm has in store for him. Already has a delayed opening where he teaches tomorrow.
They would be better off with snow than rain.
I'm in Morris County too. The problem is that all that rain washed away the snow, so we got hit by a double whammy.

Reaction Score
I'm in Morris County too. The problem is that all that rain washed away the snow, so we got hit by a double whammy.
I know - he's in Pequannock. I know 23 is closed today

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have friends who live there. That's a pretty part of the state.

Reaction Score
I have friends who live there. That's a pretty part of the state.
Yeah it is, trails to walk, lots of wildlife, small wooded area at the back of his property.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Polar Vortex, Arctic Bombs and some bone chillin' temps on deck for the weekend.

Reaction Score
I hope your son is okay. The real problems in that area (more Wayne, Little Falls, etc.) won't happen until tonight and tomorrow.

I grew up in Passaic County in a town that has a section that floods often. Flooding is devastating. I remember kids I knew living in the high school gym when they couldn't get to their house or had to renovate. Terrible. I feel for the people affected.

I remember seeing a note from someone (maybe Washington) during Colonial times about how beautiful the area is, but it can't be developed because of the flooding. The government should require and help people to raise their houses. We do it at the Jersey shore now. It would cost about $20k per house and the problem would be over (cars are you own problem). Cheaper for everyone in the long run. I'm not talking about places that flood every 100 years. There are places that flood every couple years (or months).

Reaction Score
I hope your son is okay. The real problems in that area (more Wayne, Little Falls, etc.) won't happen until tonight and tomorrow.

I grew up in Passaic County in a town that has a section that floods often. Flooding is devastating. I remember kids I knew living in the high school gym when they couldn't get to their house or had to renovate. Terrible. I feel for the people affected.

I remember seeing a note from someone (maybe Washington) during Colonial times about how beautiful the area is, but it can't be developed because of the flooding. The government should require and help people to raise their houses. We do it at the Jersey shore now. It would cost about $20k per house and the problem would be over (cars are you own problem). Cheaper for everyone in the long run. I'm not talking about places that flood every 100 years. There are places that flood every couple years (or months).
His house has only flooded once that we are aware of - 2011 with Irene, about 6 inches in the basement. He rented starting in 2014 and bought it from the owners in 2021. He installed a sump when he bought the house.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom