OT: - What’s Your Specialty? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: What’s Your Specialty?

BullDawg

UGA Alum, U of South Florida Professor Emeritus
Reaction Score
This sounds interesting! I love curry, and I love fruits, except for a few, so I’d like to try it.
It’s really sweet, but you could up the curry in it. This is close to what I do, but I add slices of banana to it. I usually make it in an electric frypan. It rewarms very nicely.

Reaction Score
Dear Boneyarders,

Thank you so much for taking the time to engage in various topics, other than basketball. This is the only “social media” platform I use, and I’m always happy with the level of respect shown during our communication, even when there’s disagreement. And most importantly, you are very informed. Thank you so much for exhibiting such knowledge and passion.

Please have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!!!

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
chocolate bread pudding, nothing like it. If my wife beats me to it, she makes a mean chocolate trifle.

Reaction Score
I also forgot to mention my green bean salad. Cook the beans until crisp-tender, blanch in ice water, dry them off and add chopped sun dried tomatoes (preferably smoked), sliced almonds for texture and ranch salad dressing. I used to be able to buy sliced almonds with caesar salad flavoring, but I can't find them anymore.

Reaction Score
You guys rock!
Both had families that on holiday cookouts would bring many of the items in this thread. Always great family feasts and great memories. The trifle is always a hit, and you can use different ingredients like in MooseJaw's post..

Reaction Score
Yea, I can make a pretty good sangria too.
Have you ever made a white Sangria? Good Spanish white wine, white tequila, simple syrup with fresh mint and fresh lemon juice. Delicious.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Have you ever made a white Sangria? Good Spanish white wine, white tequila, simple syrup with fresh mint and fresh lemon juice. Delicious.
No, I've always preferred red. But I'm open to new ideas.

Reaction Score
My mother made the best, so that would make yours second best. ;)
A difference of opinion is what makes a horse race. Question, did your mother boil the Holubky? My mother always did. Years ago I tried baking them. Huge improvement. None fall apart and they cooked better. I can't believe generations have gone by with no one discovering baking is better.

People beg me to make Holubky....

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
I was having a potato salad recipe discussion last night. What do you put in yours, or is it top secret?
The cajun way - boil potatoes in a pot with "crab boil," onions, & salt. The crab boil will put a little spice to the potato salad. Use the onions and potatoes from the boil, along with other ingredients that you prefer. OR - if you happen to have a "boil" (crawfish, crabs, or shrimp), use the left over potatoes, onions, garlic, and corn.

Reaction Score
Mine would be homemade cheddar cheese biscuits. I love grilling a boneless chicken thigh and putting in on them.

My other specialty is staring at women until they are really uncomfortable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom