What’s the long term plan for Amari? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

What’s the long term plan for Amari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
UCLA will give them a small taste of how well they can handle size and I hope the coaches are paying attention because other teams are way taller across the starting 5.
What other teams? There are a few, but not very many. Only a few (very few) that should give us any problems.

Reaction Score
What other teams? There are a few, but not v
What other teams? There are a few, but not very many. Only a few (very few) that should give us any problems.

Not to mention having a height advantage doesn't predict an outcome. Santa Clara beat Oregon who has a 6'7" post while their tallest player was 6'3". Duke only lost by 3 to Stanford who also had a decent height advantage when you compare rosters.

sun

Reaction Score
The combination of Lobo & Wolters in '94-'95 went undefeated & were unstoppable.
UConn won all of their games by double digits except for 2 games in the NCAAT.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The combination of Lobo & Wolters in '94-'95 went undefeated & were unstoppable.
UConn won all of their games by double digits except for 2 games in the NCAAT.
There were maybe 7-10 teams with any chance of winning the championship or of beating a top ranked team in 1995. That’s no longer the case. the talent pool is deeper and spread throughout the country and women’s team coaching and schools’ investment in teams have improved significantly in 30 years

Reaction Score
I generally don’t like or this kind of thread, because I find it depressing to keep beating the same seemingly dead horse. However, I will say that the player who comes to mind most is Heather Buck. Heather had all kinds of promise coming out of high school, but seemed permanently mired on the bench. At the time, she probably could’ve started on nearly any other Big East team. She was ranked a little lower than Amari out of high school, but I think people had similar expectations. It seems like back then, fans were a lot kinder in their support of the bench than they are today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom