Wetzel: Louisville clearly leading | The Boneyard

Wetzel: Louisville clearly leading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ACC sources say Louisville is clear leading expansion candidate but some still favor standing pat -- Dan Wetzel

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They would not be having a vote if they did not have the votes to expand.

It's a done deal.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
They would not be having a vote if they did not have the votes to expand.

It's a done deal.

This. Louisville was one vote shy earlier tonight supposedly. Now, there's a conference call for 7am. It's a formality. Someone caved and flipped. Goodbye UConn athletic department.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine standing pat is a viable option. Not only does it look bad PR wise, but it probably messes up the TV contract and scheduling

Reaction Score
Certainly wouldn't add to the ACC's television contract. If this goes through, on the bright side, the ACC is set up for failure. On to the B1G or Big 12!

Reaction Score
Guess I'm going to have to recant most of my posts from today. Sucks!

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
If the ACC offers Louisville and the BiG offers UConn in a couple years the ACC will look stupid. The Fox purchase of YES to package the BiG Network with YES would simply kill the ACC in NYC with both UConn and Rutgers on board.

If Fox purchases a stake in Fenway Group and adds UConn they could easily muscle the BiG into most of New England by packaging YES, BiG and NESN for one price. The ACC would simply look foolish with BC and Syracuse holding down the fort.

Reaction Score
If the ACC takes Louisville over us there has to be something else in the works, it simply makes no sense. We are a much better school, much bigger market, better athletics. I can't make sense of any of this anymore.

Reaction Score
If the ACC offers Louisville and the BiG offers UConn in a couple years the ACC will look stupid. The Fox purchase of YES to package the BiG Network with YES would simply kill the ACC in NYC with both UConn and Rutgers on board.

If Fox purchases a stake in Fenway Group and adds UConn they could easily muscle the BiG into most of New England by packaging YES, BiG and NESN for one price. The ACC would simply look foolish with BC and Syracuse holding down the fort.

Oh stop. Just stop. The Big 10 is not happening. Not now. Not ever. We just had a league declare Louisville more valuable than us. That is the point of no return.

Reaction Score
If the ACC takes Louisville over us there has to be something else in the works, it simply makes no sense. We are a much better school, much bigger market, better athletics. I can't make sense of any of this anymore.

It's absolutely personal. This proves it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Certainly wouldn't add to the ACC's television contract. If this goes through, on the bright side, the ACC is set up for failure. On to the B1G or Big 12!

ESPN must be stepping up, or the ACC wouldn't be adding schools and suing Maryland. If everyone wanted out like the WVU "insiders" proclaim, there would have been resistance to aggressive legal action against Maryland. There wasn't.

Reaction Score
the only state school with a competitive FBS program not in a super conference has 1M fans in one of the most affluent states in teh country and a top basketball program. College sports are dead in the northeast. pretty simple

Reaction Score
That's why alcohol was invented. Drink it if you got it.

Reaction Score
Katz reporting right now that Louisville, Uconn and Cincy. saying that Uconn and Cincy have nowhere else to go so can wait if anyone else leaves

Reaction Score
Katz reporting right now that Louisville, Uconn and Cincy. saying that Uconn and Cincy have nowhere else to go so can wait if anyone else leaves
Are you saying that they're taking Ville now knowing they can always go back and add UConn and Cincy later?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Are you saying that they're taking Ville now knowing they can always go back and add UConn and Cincy later?
Probably, UL was the only school with potential to go B12. We will always be here, twisting in the wind.

Reaction Score
Yes ACC knows they can come back and scoop us up if necessary.

Which means ACC is very confident we ain't going nowhere Ala B1G

Reaction Score

I'd rather have the athletic department downgrade and go to the MAC than join the ACC. I don't think people realize how much they have slapped us in the face and humiliated us.

Reaction Score
I'd rather have the athletic department downgrade and go to the MAC than join the ACC. I don't think people realize how much they have slapped us in the face and humiliated us.
SMU was slapped and humiliated even worse. Penn State was 8-4 this season.

Reaction Score

smh

The ACC is screwing up if they don't take UConn tomorrow with UL. This will blow up in their faces (and Syracuse's too).

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
smh

The ACC is screwing up if they don't take UConn tomorrow with UL. This will blow up in their faces (and Syracuse's too).
Funny, you have been lobbying for UL all over the internet. Got your wish.

Reaction Score
We are essentially going to become Gonzaga with a few national titles under our belt in the past.

Reaction Score
Funny, you have been lobbying for UL all over the internet. Got your wish.
You sure about that...pretty sure I've been saying to take both...as I said in the post above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom