West Hartford Lunch/Breakfast Take Out Ideas | The Boneyard

West Hartford Lunch/Breakfast Take Out Ideas

Reaction Score
I'll be up at the University of Hartford on Saturday to delay my spring break to lead my school's math team at the state's Mathcounts competition.

Any spots near the campus that you'd recommend for a takeout brunch/breakfast/lunch? Ideally looking for a takeout option since I want to get on the road soon to start my spring break.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If you’re road tripping, I’d suggest making a stop at Harvey’s Cafe and Market on Oakwood av. It’s a little out of your way, but it is West Hartford. They sell Egg Sandwiches, Coffee/Espresso bar, Grinders, Shady Glenn Ice cream and milkshakes, Alcohol, huge variety of snacks(chips/candy/etc), smoothies. The point being, you’ll find something for you there. I think they’re mostly known for their grinders, which are great. If nothing else, check it out in future, it’s a neat local place.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
If you like falafel and/or other middle eastern foods I would recommend tangiers. It’s closer the uhart than other places in the center. Perfect for takeout. I suggest a falafel wrap with hot sauce. Very good selection of beverages that you won’t find anywhere else. Easier on the budget as well.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Hall's Market for sandwiches to go
Seconded, this is another great local business to check out. They’re similar to Harvey’s, both sell market stuff on top of “to go” food. Egg Sandwiches and deli sandwiches/grinders at the market building. Next door they have a “Halls Kitchen” that specializes in all kinds of different takeout foods, with a daily special that’ll save you a few bucks. Halls kitchen also sells pastries/desserts if you’re into that sorta thing.

If you decide to go this route, I’m just gonna leave this suggestion here. If you’re a coffee/espresso guy, right across the street is J Rene coffee roasters. They make the best Cappuccino I’ve had in West Hartford/Avon.

Park road pizza on the same street also makes a good hot grinder btw.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'll be up at the University of Hartford on Saturday to delay my spring break to lead my school's math team at the state's Mathcounts competition.

Any spots near the campus that you'd recommend for a takeout brunch/breakfast/lunch? Ideally looking for a takeout option since I want to get on the road soon to start my spring break.
The variability on "brunch/breakfast/lunch" leaves me confused as to what you've got in mind.

Are you solo, or with the team?
What time does the competition start & end?
Are you looking for food to eat before or after the competition, or both?

Maybe you're just heading back to Norwalk(?) afterward, and looking for a combination of quick-exit getaway, and something you'd enjoy eating, rather than exploring some place new and/or interesting?

If that previous paragraph above fits what you're after, just scoot out from UofH and head back to I-91, for an easy enough off-and-back-on 15 minutes or so later to get a chicken parm grinder from Wethersfield Pizza. You wouldn't be the first Boneyarder to do that.

You could look it up.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Black Bamboo on Farmington Ave. for Chinese take-out. Abt. 3 mi.

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
The Place 2 Be is really good. Across the street from Delamar. Cool spot.

Reaction Score
The variability on "brunch/breakfast/lunch" leaves me confused as to what you've got in mind.

Are you solo, or with the team?
What time does the competition start & end?
Are you looking for food to eat before or after the competition, or both?

Maybe you're just heading back to Norwalk(?) afterward, and looking for a combination of quick-exit getaway, and something you'd enjoy eating, rather than exploring some place new and/or interesting?

If that previous paragraph above fits what you're after, just scoot out from UofH and head back to I-91, for an easy enough off-and-back-on 15 minutes or so later to get a chicken parm grinder from Wethersfield Pizza. You wouldn't be the first Boneyarder to do that.

You could look it up.
Pretty open-minded: it’ll be just me around 11ish. Since it’s the start of my spring break, most likely I’m looking for comfort eggy breakfast stuff but I also appreciate what the Hartford area has to offer in terms of their wide spectrum of international cuisine.

Reaction Score
Comfort eggy sounds like Mo's Midtown
Um...they have a jambalaya omelette??? I think we found a winner.

Harvey's sounds awesome and I might check out Tangiers just because it looks awesome to try since I'm not in the area often. Never been to Scott's even though I very much do enjoy Jamaican food, especially when I'm in Hartford.

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone! All fun to read :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom