Wes Moore on UConn | The Boneyard

Wes Moore on UConn

sun

Reaction Score
He's being a realist.
He's not going to play up any of the advantages of playing UConn at home & so early in the season on national TV.
You know his team would love to get him a win & some sweet revenge, even though they're the underdogs.
But they'll still try to make the best of the opportunity, at least they have some incentives to become heroes.

Reaction Score
When Wes mentioned how scheduling games against top programs is a great recruiting tool, it got me to thinking. What does Kim Mulkey tell prospective recruits? Your OOC games will be against really underwhelming teams...and don't worry, we'll only play the top teams in our conference once.

Reaction Score
Didn't see this posted. Could be wrong.

Wes Moore

Wes Moore has done a very good coaching job at NC State, with a high winning percentage. His evaluation of the game in CONN. is a realistic observation of the depth of the Huskies and will try mightily to win , but will be pleased with a well played game and to keep the score as low as possible. He is being pragmatic about the game. Let it be well played on both sides and no injuries. GO HUSKIES!!!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
He could use some tutelage on the use of time outs late in close games. I do think he was being careful not to give UConn locker room material. Hard guy not to like.

Reaction Score
When Wes mentioned how scheduling games against top programs is a great recruiting tool, it got me to thinking. What does Kim Mulkey tell prospective recruits? Your OOC games will be against really underwhelming teams...and don't worry, we'll only play the top teams in our conference once.
I think Kim's sales pitch is, "You see those three national championships there? You should ask those young women how much they valued their out-of-conference schedule."

Reaction Score
I think Kim's sales pitch is, "You see those three national championships there? You should ask those young women how much they valued their out-of-conference schedule."
You should ask how many of those players developed enough to excel in the WNBA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom