Werth Center Upgrades? | The Boneyard

Werth Center Upgrades?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Does anyone know exactly what kind of upgrades they are doing to the Werth Center? Or if it will be accessible to the public at any point in time?

David Borges on Twitter

It’s starting to get really competitive with these tricked out practice facilites. Teams are starting to build miniature museums within these facilities. Just to give you guys a taste of what we’re competing against this is the new UNC facility.

Reaction Score
I remember a few years back somebody posted a video of the Oregon facility. I think I remember they had a resort style spa and thought that was really nice.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I am being told that the upgrades include a major renovation to the front foyer which will include some kind of history exhibit with things like game worn apparel from championships, some aspects possibly being interactive? and should be made available to the public. Former players are involved with creating it. Very cool. Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know exactly what kind of upgrades they are doing to the Werth Center? Or if it will be accessible to the public at any point in time?

David Borges on Twitter

It’s starting to get really competitive with these tricked out practice facilites. Teams are starting to build miniature museums within these facilities. Just to give you guys a taste of what we’re competing against this is the new UNC facility.

This video featuring "Deputy Dog" reminds me of the "Room of Dreams" that Jim Valvano had built at NC St.

Hype works with some recruits and if you never read "Personal Fouls" by Peter Golenbock you should. It tells the story of Jim Valvano and how he operated his program at NC St.

My wife went to high school with Valvano and he was gregarious and full of himself and most people enjoyed his act. We both read "Billion Dollar Ball" which lays out the "big money culture of college football" which is another must read if you want to be informed about how spending has exploded in college sports in the past 40 years. She started reading "Personal Fouls" but quit part way through and said she had no idea how dirty Valvano was, let alone how things have likely worsened over the years.

Hard to compete against all that money the Power Five teams are getting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom