Well This is Timely - Natalie Article | The Boneyard

Well This is Timely - Natalie Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Natalie Butler contributing more for UConn women’s basketball team this season

“I think for me there are a lot of lessons learned in the first third of the season,” Butler said. “I really want to translate that over to the next two-thirds of the season, just focus on being mentally a smarter player being more physical in the sense of knowing my strengths, making smart decisions in the post, not trying to force things and just taking it one step at a time. Taking the new year as a fresh start and attack each game.”

Reaction Score
Good article about Big Nat. I'm a big fan of hers, but if she could just jump half as high as Gabulous and had a nose for the ball like NC, she'd be insanely good. One can only wish.

Reaction Score
Good article about Big Nat. I'm a big fan of hers, but if she could just jump half as high as Gabulous and had a nose for the ball like NC, she'd be insanely good. One can only wish.
And if only Gabby were as tall as Natalie, and if only Kia could shoot like Lou, and if only Lou could rebound like Pheesa, and if only all of them were as good as D, Maya, and Stewie. Can't we just appreciate Natalie, like Jim Fuller does?

Reaction Score
And if only Gabby were as tall as Natalie, and if only Kia could shoot like Lou, and if only Lou could rebound like Pheesa, and if only all of them were as good as D, Maya, and Stewie. Can't we just appreciate Natalie, like Jim Fuller does?
If Gabby and Natalie were opponents, and both were going for a rebound, who would you put your money on to secure the ball?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Natalie gets 10% better, Kyla gets over being a freshman, Molly finally shoots (#@%&!) and we can do this thing.

PS. Remember, it is tough being a neo-classic post on a team of rabbits!

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I think the starting five could win the tournament. I think they are showing they are a lot better than people thought.

Me, I like a margin. Silly, sentimental softy that I am. ;)

Reaction Score
Me, I like a margin. Silly, sentimental softy that I am. ;)
Well, yes, ideally, but Geno doesn't seem to when it comes to the biggest games. Even if Geno had a deep bench, he'd still go to a 6 or 7 man rotation - starters all play 35-ish minutes and two guys come in from time to time to spell them. It seems that is just how he operates when it's do or die.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Go Nat. Rooting for her to not only be the best she can be, but also for her to really help the team when she's in there. By her own admission there are things she wants to improve at so I sure hope she achieves her playing goals, because that will not only make her a better player, but a better teammate on the court...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, yes, ideally, but Geno doesn't seem to when it comes to the biggest games. Even if Geno had a deep bench, he'd still go to a 6 or 7 man rotation - starters all play 35-ish minutes and two guys come in from time to time to spell them. It seems that is just how he operates when it's do or die.

I'm not talking want to, I'm talking IF you HAVE TO. We all know Geno wants to ride his ponies all night long.

Reaction Score
I think the starting five could win the tournament. I think they are showing they are a lot better than people thought.
Yes they could! every one of the starting five must be guarded. It's high risk strategy to double any one of them. Their effectiveness against big post players is shocking. Plus Gabby is a disruptive nightmare for opposing coaches. There is no way to prepare for her. My guess is that every team they face in the tournament will have a strategy to get the huskies in foul trouble. Despite the early UConn win, I think Baylor might be the greatest threat. So let's hope big Nat earns a chance to have a big impact in the tournament.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not next year or the year after.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I'm a big fan also. I love her competitiveness.

Me too. I think of her as something like an underdog, given the waypoints of her journey. She can be a big help to this team, and I appreciate what she has given so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom