Well the day is half over | The Boneyard

Well the day is half over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
and nothing has happened. Looking less likely that today will be a 'big' day in conference re-alignment as so many in fantasyland have posted on the net.

But then maybe schools want to get some lunch first. Hard to switch conferences on an empty stomach.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Look for a major announcement in 20 minutes...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
and nothing has happened. Looking less likely that today will be a 'big' day in conference re-alignment as so many in fantasyland have posted on the net.

But then maybe schools want to get some lunch first. Hard to switch conferences on an empty stomach.

Yep, looks like expansion is over, forever. Back to work.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Here's a gem from somewhere in the Twitterverse:

'Clemson's BOT meets in seclusion as the people wait. If white smoke emerges from the chimney, it's the Big 12. If grey smoke, pulled pork.' ...

Reaction Score
I can't believe something didn't happen with all these rumors. Who'd have thought that a guy named Honus "the dude" Sneed wasn't a reliable source of information.

Reaction Score

I for one am SHOCKED. A realignment rumor was wrong?! Absolutely shocked.

Reaction Score
WAIT, this news just in:

Morgantown, WV. Dr. Jeb Hatfield, one of two dentists still practicing in West Virginia, announced that he is closing his practice. 'Jes' can't seem to make enuf money with the dental business so I'm a closin' up shop and going to work full time as a greeter at the local Walmart,' said Dr. Hatfield. "Gotta feed da wife and kids, ya know.'

Dr. Jim Bob McCoy, the other dentist in the state of West Virginia, said he was sorry to see his colleague call it quits but said that he did not anticipate any problems with seeing his patient load double to a total of four.

The Doofus of WV was huntin' and could not be reached but his wife said that he was standing by his story that WV joining the SEC was a 'done deal.'

Reaction Score
I think impending decisions dictate that the NBE take a wait-and-see posture regarding media offers at this point. There's too much maneuvering going on amongst the other leagues. We should brace the new invitees for a patient couple of months and try to consolidate our committments and just stay on the same page.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Rest assured everybody. TODAY is supposed to be the big day. All the conference realignment gurus and prognosticators had the wrong day marked on their Mayan calendars. The dude on Warchant.com misread the chicken bones he threw. And that guy who's a mod on 247 and is almost an actual reporter spooged all over his keyboard the other night and was unable to log on yesterday. Also, and not coincidentally, I might add...one Nimitz class carrier has raised it level to DEFCON 3 and 3 nuclear subs are now running silent and deep: obviously heralding some major decisions with the NBE.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I think impending decisions dictate that the NBE take a wait-and-see posture regarding media offers at this point. There's too much maneuvering going on amongst the other leagues. We should brace the new invitees for a patient couple of months and try to consolidate our committments and just stay on the same page.
I think the NBE's posture is wait-and-see-who-leaves-next.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Rest assured everybody. TODAY is supposed to be the big day. All the conference realignment gurus and prognosticators had the wrong day marked on their Mayan calendars. The dude on Warchant.com misread the chicken bones he threw. And that guy who's a mod on 247 and is almost an actual reporter spooged all over his keyboard the other night and was unable to log on yesterday. Also, and not coincidentally, I might add...one Nimitz class carrier has raised it level to DEFCON 3 and 3 nuclear subs are now running silent and deep: obviously heralding some major decisions with the NBE.

th

Reaction Score
The date people need to pay attention to is August 15th, 2012. That's the last day to withdraw from the ACC. A lot of things could happen between now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom