Well Alright Then | The Boneyard

Well Alright Then

Reaction Score
Thank GOD they got the "oh no, we've lost to the underdog in the first round two straight years" jitters out of the way.

Hurley's got to be positive, I guess, but the post-game interview line about "we played well in the first half, they just made shots" was absolute nonsense. They were not particularly good on offense and they were downright BAD on defense. Yeah, Iona made shots, mostly because nobody was defending most of their shots

The definitely made a complete 180 on the defensive end in the second half and were pretty good on offense as well. Still need to MAKE LAYUPS and tighten up on the bad passes, but that second half is a solid start to a tournament run.

Reaction Score
Thank GOD they got the "oh no, we've lost to the underdog in the first round two straight years" jitters out of the way.

Hurley's got to be positive, I guess, but the post-game interview line about "we played well in the first half, they just made shots" was absolute nonsense. They were not particularly good on offense and they were downright BAD on defense. Yeah, Iona made shots, mostly because nobody was defending most of their shots

The definitely made a complete 180 on the defensive end in the second half and were pretty good on offense as well. Still need to MAKE LAYUPS and tighten up on the bad passes, but that second half is a solid start to a tournament run.
No. We shot well first half and they were insane, shooting 55% from 3 and about 50% overall. This happens. We tightened defensively, they came back to earth and we won going away.

Reaction Score
No. We shot well first half and they were insane, shooting 55% from 3 and about 50% overall. This happens. We tightened defensively, they came back to earth and we won going away.
Sure. They shot wide open 3s, hence the 55% success rate. I get they won going away. But there's a difference between playing poorly for 8 minutes than for the entire first half.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score

They actually did make some crazy shots.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
UConn played okay, Iona was really good. Pitino even said that was the best half his team has played all year. He added that the second half was the worst because UConn was so good defensively and offensively.
Exactly….some of these post game posts are what be poor. Not sure what they were watching.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I think if you’re gonna start your own thread rather than add your thoughts to any of the 20 postgame threads we’ve already got, you’d better post something good.

Passive-aggressively knocking Hurley ain’t that.

Reaction Score
Yeah, ok bub. I know you think you're all that, but take a pill

Depends what kind of pill. What do you have?

It seems like an odd time for someone who never posts to rip Hurley, right after a dominant win in a game that had half this board puckered.

But anyway, get back to me on the pill. We can talk.

Reaction Score

Wet blanket take

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
So, who was it again that wanted to fire Hurley at half time with the 'Official Fire Hurley Thread?' What a doofus! As I recall, Hurley didn't miss one shot in the first half, nor throw the ball way on a fast break.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think if you’re gonna start your own thread rather than add your thoughts to any of the 20 postgame threads we’ve already got, you’d better post something good.

Passive-aggressively knocking Hurley ain’t that.
This is why we merge all the post games threads. It’s hard to believe how many posters we have here who think their opinion is special enough to warrant its own thread.

Reaction Score

What did we win by 24? Brilliant take.

caw

Reaction Score
So, who was it again that wanted to fire Hurley at half time with the 'Official Fire Hurley Thread?' What a doofus! As I recall, Hurley didn't miss one shot in the first half, nor throw the ball way on a fast break.

In a way it's its own mojo.

And no it wasn't me.

Reaction Score
Sure. They shot wide open 3s, hence the 55% success rate. I get they won going away. But there's a difference between playing poorly for 8 minutes than for the entire first half.
We outrebounded them the first half, had a lot of assists and they couldn’t miss. Open your eyes, we killed in the second half but scored 36 first half. Sometimes 3’s all go in and it happens to our team a lot. They missed those 3’s second half. They also got tired from not being as deep in the 2nd half and Sanogo feasted on them. They were fresher in the first half and played very well. Credit Pitino’s team early on

Reaction Score

You, probably, had your choice of 2 or 3 threads to post this crap in.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

what's the point you failed to make by starting this inane thread? honest question

Reaction Score
Winning an opening NCAA game is a great step for us. Let’s not diminish that. Give Hurley and team the kudos they deserve. There is a lot of work left to do though and the games are going to get more challenging with each step. Next stop on the path to success is Saint Mary’s.

P.S. The D was piss poor the first half. Whatever Hurley did at half time to light some fires worked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom