Welcome to your Nitemare. | The Boneyard

Welcome to your Nitemare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
After watching last nites game I will make a very bold statement. There is no competition for UConn. This team isn't a run away train they are a run away bulldozer that never runs out of gas. IMO no opponent has a chance to get within double digets of UConn and most teams wont be within double digets after the first quarter. Tomorrow nite at DePaul and Saturday in National TV vs ND UConn will put the final nail in the coffin for the non believers. UConn will win both games by over 30pts even with Geno calling off the dogs. UConn could win by more. If you think like I think I think UConn could win both games by 40+ and if they don't win by at least 30 Im disappointed..because they have spoiled me. How much more as many as UConn wants. BTW ND will not get any flop calls in this game.

I said early on that this could be the greatest team WCBB has ever seen. When Geno recruited TASS and then Diana we all said that was the greatest class and it was. How bout Stewie MoJeff and Tuck. Uconn is winning so big and not firing on all cylinders yet. When Butler and Boykin get back and the underclassmen get a few more games under their belt and begin to play without thinking about it...well not even my imagination can think about that yet. MoJeff and Stewie are so dominate and UConn has so many options its well unfair. To be averaging over 40 pts a game per wins against top teams is insane. Unbelievable. What makes anybody think that SC or ND can come within 30 pts???? I don't think they can. ND will face their Nitemare on Saturday.

Saturday nite will open a lot of eyes across the country. The realization that there isn't a team that can come close to UConn will be realized. You saw in the past two games against Nebraska and Chatty how good our underclassman played. That gives me a lot of confidence for next season too.

KState Nebraska and Chatty are all very well coached teams. UConn terrorized them. Those teams were so intimidated they missed easy layups. They were afraid to take a shot. They were afraid to penetrate and when they did they threw up prayers. To beat these teams by 40+ with our underclassman and non starters playing most of the 3rd and 4th qtrs and to dominate the way they did tells you how strong the bond is between the coaching staff and the players. To have 3 players getting double doubles consistently is unheard of. But you know whats even more crazy. You have Butler who averaged a double double in the Big East and Boykin who haven't played yet. Can you imagine when they get back how much better this team will be when they come back and never mind the height 6'5 and 6'2 and both are rebounding machines. This UConn team gets in players heads. They cant play the way they want to. They cant do what they were coached to do. UConns defense stops almost everything opponents do and want to do. They stop them dead.

The picture is pretty clear for the rest of the season. UConn won t lose. They only question is when will UConn lose a game? It wont be this season . Next season we will be talking about a 5 peat and can they beat their record of 90 straight.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
After watching last nites game I will make a very bold statement. There is no competition for UConn. This team isn't a run away train they are a run away bulldozer that never runs out of gas. IMO no opponent has a chance to get within double digets of UConn and most teams wont be within double digets after the first quarter. Tomorrow nite at DePaul and Saturday in National TV vs ND UConn will put the final nail in the coffin for the non believers.

I agree completely on all points except the "non-believers" part. I'm not sure there are any (sane ones) left. Not to say there won't always be haters.

As an example, I've checked out other team forums to gauge reactions after each of this year's UConn games/clinics and there are surprisingly very few comments about UConn on what one might generally (and generously) consider 'the competition's' sites - ND, SC, VolNation, et al. Frankly, the silence is deafening and I believe it's attributable to this UConn team scaring the Hell out of the rest of WCBB. They're so dominant they've entered the realm of "the one whose name shall not be spoken"!

And now that the entire 2nd wrecking crew of Lou, Phee, Soniya and Courtney are all starting to catch fire, you can turn off the lights!

Reaction Score
I am confused about how he is able to "call off the dogs." He could leave the starters in and tell them no fast breaks, no presses and run some time off the clock. Then he gets accused of running up the score by leaving in the starters. But, if he puts in KLS, Napheesa, Courtney, Saniya and Natalie they are going to play their hearts out to get some starting time. And you know he isn't going to send them in with instructions to take it easy on whoever they are playing. There is only one way to play for UCONN and that is full steam ahead. It is a tough situation for the opponents and what can Geno tell the coach after beating them 92-34? Sorry we are so much better than you? UCONN is a victim of the monster they have created and the rest of WBB will just have to live with it. :eek:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I agree completely on all points except the "non-believers" part. I'm not sure there are any (sane ones) left. Not to say there won't always be haters.

As an example, I've checked out other team forums to gauge reactions after each of this year's UConn games/clinics and there are surprisingly very few comments about UConn on what one might generally (and generously) consider 'the competition's' sites - ND, SC, VolNation, et al. Frankly, the silence is deafening and I believe it's attributable to this UConn team scaring the Hell out of the rest of WCBB. They're so dominant they've entered the realm of "the one whose name shall not be spoken"!
UCONN is the Lord Voldemort of the women's basketball world!

Reaction Score
TONYC I'm afraid you are 100 percent right. It appears that Stewie, Mo and Morgan are playing with a clear mission in mind. Take no prisoners and win number 11.

Through another tread I was able to watch Jim Foster's press conference after last night's game. He repeatedly remarked about UCONN's unselfishness on both offense and defense and how they play basketball the way it is supposed to be played. In fact, he specifically mentioned that in the fourth quarter, UCONN was up by fifty points, his player got the ball and as she prepared to shoot #22 (Courtney) hustled to get into place and was able to put a hand in the face of his shooter. He added that no other team play's as hard as UCONN does for the entire 40 minutes.

It all comes down to not picking just superstars, but being able to evaluate superstars and other players and determine who will buy into their system. Each member of our team appears to be just as happy with an assist, rebound or defense play as they are to score. When both Nat and De'Janea are able to play, it will just add another dimension to our team. One last point, after four games last year we had scored 369 points, had given up 215 points, and made 47 3's. This year we have scored 364 points, have given up 190 points, and have only made 24 3's. Just as dominate, but this year's team speed and quickness appear to be making up for our lower 3 point baskets. Completely different style of play, but just as fun to watch.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I will be comforted by more 3s made. There will come a time when it matters. But, for the time being, I'm thinking it entirely appropriate to celebrate this team's talent, cohesiveness and relentless energy.

GG

Reaction Score
The lack of threes (as compared to last year) concerns me as well. The threes were the dagger whenever SC got any momentum during the game last year. KLS will hit her groove and Mo will pick it up, but I have some concern in that area.
I will be comforted by more 3s made. There will come a time when it matters. But, for the time being, I'm thinking it entirely appropriate to celebrate this team's talent, cohesiveness and relentless energy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
ENJOY the beauty of HONEST hard work and lots of commitment and concentration AND TEAM TEAM TEAM !
I liked this just for the enthusiasm.:)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
When you think about next season you have to wonder how can any team makeup 40 pt losses. We lose Stewie and Mojeff two big losses but look who we have on the bench and incoming freshman. We aren't going to lose to much ground. We will be a different team just like we are this season. Many opponents thought with Kiah and KML graduating they would have an easier time but UConn this season is better then last season. Next Season Opponents will be hungry but the menu will still be the same. UConn wins. Again the question remains when will UConn lose and who can beat them next season because they wont be beaten this season.

Reaction Score
I thought about that too...until Nebraska and last night. The fact is that they don't have to shoot great to win. Their points come from everywhere and everybody. They can go inside or mid-range or fast break or turnovers. Plus I believe they will start to fall as Chong and KLS get into the flow along with Moriah. They can break 75 points with no 3's against anybody.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I thought about that too...until Nebraska and last night. The fact is that they don't have to shoot great to win. Their points come from everywhere and everybody. They can go inside or mid-range or fast break or turnovers. Plus I believe they will start to fall as Chong and KLS get into the flow along with Moriah. They can break 75 points with no 3's against anybody.

Trouble is - Geno's words - "we're a small team". Perfect example is Moriah maybe 3 times trying to run through a pick fence of kids with quick hands. You need the three to open it up inside and let the full range of UConn's offense deal with every situation. I was disappointed not to see Natalie at least have a cameo last night and hope she has not suffered a set back, because her added presence can be very, very significant.

Reaction Score
Trouble is - Geno's words - "we're a small team". Perfect example is Moriah maybe 3 times trying to run through a pick fence of kids with quick hands. You need the three to open it up inside and let the full range of UConn's offense deal with every situation. I was disappointed not to see Natalie at least have a cameo last night and hope she has not suffered a set back, because her added presence can be very, very significant.
I agree! Geno said she just didn't look right catching the ball yet during warm up. But she getting very close.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
1000 % correct. This fact makes us much more difficult to beat.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
As good as we''ll be next year and we will be really really good. We will be a lot more beatable without Stewie and what she gives on both ends. And of course Mo.
Stewie protects the lane like Brirrney Griner. And Mo just stakes over when needed.
Stewie is an all time star that can't be replaced because of her physical gifts, over and above her BB gifts. And a veteran 4 th yr S Star pt guard. We are much much more fallible next year - not even close!!!! Still great - but beatable.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
To
After watching last nites game I will make a very bold statement. There is no competition for UConn. This team isn't a run away train they are a run away bulldozer that never runs out of gas. IMO no opponent has a chance to get within double digets of UConn and most teams wont be within double digets after the first quarter. Tomorrow nite at DePaul and Saturday in National TV vs ND UConn will put the final nail in the coffin for the non believers. UConn will win both games by over 30pts even with Geno calling off the dogs. UConn could win by more. If you think like I think I think UConn could win both games by 40+ and if they don't win by at least 30 Im disappointed..because they have spoiled me. How much more as many as UConn wants. BTW ND will not get any flop calls in this game.

I said early on that this could be the greatest team WCBB has ever seen. When Geno recruited TASS and then Diana we all said that was the greatest class and it was. How bout Stewie MoJeff and Tuck. Uconn is winning so big and not firing on all cylinders yet. When Butler and Boykin get back and the underclassmen get a few more games under their belt and begin to play without thinking about it...well not even my imagination can think about that yet. MoJeff and Stewie are so dominate and UConn has so many options its well unfair. To be averaging over 40 pts a game per wins against top teams is insane. Unbelievable. What makes anybody think that SC or ND can come within 30 pts???? I don't think they can. ND will face their Nitemare on Saturday.

Saturday nite will open a lot of eyes across the country. The realization that there isn't a team that can come close to UConn will be realized. You saw in the past two games against Nebraska and Chatty how good our underclassman played. That gives me a lot of confidence for next season too.

KState Nebraska and Chatty are all very well coached teams. UConn terrorized them. Those teams were so intimidated they missed easy layups. They were afraid to take a shot. They were afraid to penetrate and when they did they threw up prayers. To beat these teams by 40+ with our underclassman and non starters playing most of the 3rd and 4th qtrs and to dominate the way they did tells you how strong the bond is between the coaching staff and the players. To have 3 players getting double doubles consistently is unheard of. But you know whats even more crazy. You have Butler who averaged a double double in the Big East and Boykin who haven't played yet. Can you imagine when they get back how much better this team will be when they come back and never mind the height 6'5 and 6'2 and both are rebounding machines. This UConn team gets in players heads. They cant play the way they want to. They cant do what they were coached to do. UConns defense stops almost everything opponents do and want to do. They stop them dead.

The picture is pretty clear for the rest of the season. UConn won t lose. They only question is when will UConn lose a game? It wont be this season . Next season we will be talking about a 5 peat and can they beat their record of 90 straight.

Good post Tony, I like a man that's not afraid to step out on a limb and speak his mind, and make a few bold predictions. There are a lot of us that agree with you. I was looking over UConn's schedule today. I was looking for potential losses. I couldn't find any. I don't want to play games scheduled in January and February in December, but I like UConn's chances to run the table this season.

Like last year, ND and USCe are the only two teams on our remaining schedule that could possibly have a prayer of beating UConn. However their recent lack-luster play and near misses against lesser opponents, would suggest that they are not ready to seriously confront UConn at this time. Especially when UConn is vanquishing its opponents by a 40+ point margin.

This is not a good time to run up on the Huskies. No quarter is asked, and none is given. It's put your seat belt and strap on your helmet. You're about go on "Mr. Toad's wild ride".........a ride at Disneyland (Anaheim, Ca) that is dark, bumpy, jerky and has a lot of sharp turns. Not a good ride if you're pregnant, or faint of heart.

Chattanooga is not as bad as the score would indicate. They simply ran out of gas, which explains their 8 point output in the 2nd half. As the coach at Nebraska said, "Its difficult to prepare for UConn. There was no way to replicate their team speed in our practice". As many teams have found out, UConn is a lot faster "in person" that they are on film.

I don't see a loss between now and Dec 30, when UConn begins AAC league play (@ Cincinnati). It's a presumed that UConn will once again go 18-0 in league play. There remains a large chasm between UConn and the rest of the conference members. Once again, the only real competition to speak of will come from Jose Fernandez and his USF squad.

If you remember, last year, USF was one of only 3 teams (Stanford & Dayton) to break 70 against the Huskies. South Carolina has not performed as expected up to this point. I'm sure they will be a much improved team come February. They will be our "final exam" before the NCAAs begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom