Welcome to UConn, Ashlynn! | The Boneyard

Welcome to UConn, Ashlynn!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So glad it's official. Really looking forward to seeing her play. I wonder if she's a legit top 10 player, or if ESPN's drop in the rankings is more accurate for her. Either way, I think she has that Rizotti/Muhl toughness and feistiness. Welcome to UCONN Ashlynn!!

Reaction Score
now THATS a Nika face. Ashlynn has a way to go to get THAT intense.

Attachments

• Really!.jpg
    Really!.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 97
Reaction Score
So glad it's official. Really looking forward to seeing her play. I wonder if she's a legit top 10 player, or if ESPN's drop in the rankings is more accurate for her. Either way, I think she has that Rizotti/Muhl toughness and feistiness. Welcome to UCONN Ashlynn!!
She's not going to be Caitlin Clark but she has a solid offensive arsenal including that patented jump shot and is as tough and competitive as they come.......she's going to be a fan favorite and a Geno favorite too......

Reaction Score
She's not going to be Caitlin Clark but she has a solid offensive arsenal including that patented jump shot and is as tough and competitive as they come.......she's going to be a fan favorite and a Geno favorite too......
What she has is poise, more than any other on this team IMHO (excluding Paige of course). Her experience shines.

Reaction Score
As far as I'm concerned she is. Remember, Hoopgurlz are the same gurus that had DeBerry at 15, Citron at 16, and (gulp) Iriafen at 19. One thing we won't have to hear is people complaining that Shade needs to develop a mid-range game.

Reaction Score
As far as I'm concerned she is. Remember, Hoopgurlz are the same gurus that had DeBerry at 15, Citron at 16, and (gulp) Iriafen at 19. One thing we won't have to hear is people complaining that Shade needs to develop a mid-range game.
or that she is out of shape..........her father's workouts may be even tougher than Geno's

Reaction Score
Why is The Boneyard comparing everyone to Caitlin Clark?

let’s see her play some college first and then compare to a like player.
B&C

Reaction Score
I've watched a lot of her hs games, and she is totally awesome. She's the kind of kid you can build a team around, because everyone knows they can count on her. She's strong, quick, relentless on D, and a great shooter. Ayanna played her a couple of times in hs, and said last year that Ashlynn had taken her game up a few notches after she routed Ayanna's team by like 30 points.

Reaction Score
Ashlynn will be a fan favorite a Uconn. She is a good to great shooter, great on defense, great court IQ etc. Like a Jackie Stiles type, relentless. Add with Jana,, KK, Qadence, Ayanna and Ice will blow away the competition. A NPOY in the future. Relentless....

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Anyone else get a Carla Berube vibe from Ashlynn? For those who don’t remember, Carla sealed the deal for the 1995 championship by calmly making 2 free throws at the end of the game. Even though she was just a freshman and had tremendous pressure on her Carla never flinched. From what I hear, Ashlynn is like that too

1668087153997.jpeg

Reaction Score
Ashlynn is also a consummate team player, and this on a team not stacked with future D1 prospects. She made her team better, found her teammates open shots when she could, even in big moments. She’s a scorer and is not afraid of taking the big shot. But like Paige, she knows that only the team can win.

We will love this about her.

Reaction Score
Anyone else get a Carla Berube vibe from Ashlynn? For those who don’t remember, Carla sealed the deal for the 1995 championship by calmly making 2 free throws at the end of the game. Even though she was just a freshman and had tremendous pressure on her Carla never flinched. From what I hear, Ashlynn is like that too

View attachment 80522
You can see Carla made the last 2 free throws at 7:12 min.

Reaction Score
You can see Carla made the last 2 free throws at 7:12 min.

Awesome footage. I don’t think I’ve seen it before. I don’t recall the broadcast footage being nearly as good.

Jemelle is fierce!!! And Jen took the game right at Marciniak over and over. And Rebecca is transcendent, of course. And Carla is ice!

Watching this now feels like being reacquainted with the founding deities of our cult.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I can definitely see a Carla Berube vibe from Ashlynn but a stronger vibe that I have thrown out before is that of Shea Ralph- A punishing & physically intimidating style of play.

1668092440868.png

Reaction Score

View attachment 80522
I don't recall Carla being much of an offensive player, but she was solid and competent everywhere and had a little more height if I recall. Ashlynn is much stronger offensively, and it is intriguing to hear her being described as a relentless defender.

Reaction Score
Ashlynn will be a fan favorite a Uconn. She is a good to great shooter, great on defense, great court IQ etc. Like a Jackie Stiles type, relentless. Add with Jana,, KK, Qadence, Ayanna and Ice will blow away the competition. A NPOY in the future. Relentless....
VERY NICE to hear the comparison with Ms. Jackie Stiles. For those that are unfamiliar
with Ms. Stiles check out her game videos on the web... and then wait for Ashlynn to
display her " stuff ". Next year's incoming class is special.... the full team will (again)
be dynamite.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom