Welcome to the new members | The Boneyard

Welcome to the new members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
ECU, Tulane, and Tulsa. Looking forward to the quality football ECU will bring, the quality road trips (possible conference tournaments?) that Tulane will bring, and at least as of now the decent basketball Tulsa will bring. I'd rather be in the B1G or ACC but until that day (and even when that day comes) go AAC and lets prove the haters wrong.

If ECU runs their schedule this year they could be in the playoff. Can't wait for our game in October

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
ECU, Tulane, and Tulsa. Looking forward to the quality football ECU will bring, the quality road trips (possible conference tournaments?) that Tulane will bring, and at least as of now the decent basketball Tulsa will bring. I'd rather be in the B1G or ACC but until that day (and even when that day comes) go AAC and lets prove the haters wrong.

If ECU runs their schedule this year they could be in the playoff. Can't wait for our game in October

I appreciate your enthusiastic glass half full attitude about the AAC, but there is absolutely zero chance that ECU will be in the playoff even if they are undefeated. 1-loss teams from P5 conferences will get one of the four spots.

Drew

Reaction Score
I appreciate your enthusiastic glass half full attitude about the AAC, but there is absolutely zero chance that ECU will be in the playoff even if they are undefeated. 1-loss teams from P5 conferences will get one of the four spots.

they're the only one with the scheudle outside the p5 to be able to do it. if they have wins @SCAR, @VT, vs UNC, @Cincy, vs UCF they have an argument

Drew

Reaction Score

not that i think they'll run their schedule but the strength of schedule is definitely up there

Dooley

Reaction Score
they're the only one with the scheudle outside the p5 to be able to do it. if they have wins @SCAR, @VT, vs UNC, @Cincy, vs UCF they have an argument

Again, I appreciate your enthusiasm. But no they don't. They are going to start the year unranked. So will UNC, Cincinnati and UCF most likely. Don't get me wrong, winning all 5 of those games would be impressive for ECU and great for ECU and the AAC. But it definitely will not be enough to get into the Final 4 playoff. The 2014 playoff will consist of: 2 SEC teams (whoever wins the SEC Championship Game and a 1-loss SEC team), 1 ACC team (FSU), and the best of the PAC/B12/B1G (Oregon? Ohio St? OU? Stanford?). It is as predictable as the sun coming up every day. The best of the G5, whoever it is, not only would need to go undefeated (and win their games in impressive fashion) but they will also need to hope for all of the P5 conferences to produce no better than a 2-loss champion. Even then, I highly doubt a selection committee would select ECU over a traditional power like Ohio State, Oklahoma, or most SEC teams if they were given the choice.

Reaction Score
ECU is not running the table.

Just back from my first time to NOLA. Great, great city.

Dooley

Reaction Score
not that i think they'll run their schedule but the strength of schedule is definitely up there

I agree with your premise that ECU has a tough schedule and if they run it, it will be very good for them and the conference. Unfortunately, college football is stuck in an old-fashioned "old money" cycle that requires schools like UCF, Boise State, etc to win multiple BCS-level games before they can be even considered for a playoff spot. For as long as there is a so-called "selection committee" and "polls", P5 schools will always be ranked higher and given the first, second, third...thousandth crack at a playoff spot.

Dooley

Reaction Score
ECU is not running the table.

Just back from my first time to NOLA. Great, great city.

I really need to figure out a way to convince the wife into a trip down there for the Tulane game. It would have been easier if the Saints had a home game that weekend too.

Reaction Score
Makes sense. I'm sure the NCAA and P5 will do everything in their power to assure there is a level playing field for all teams. That is part of what they do to help student-athletes about fairness, right?

Reaction Score
AAC still has promise -- fans just need to pack the house in football. Create a good environment, and players will come, TV exposure will come, and money will come. The national footprint is there if we can put out a good product. Create a college environment that's good (pack the 30K stadium if that's what you got), and things can grow. There were 6 big-time conferences for a long time, there's no reason we can't have a 6th in the American -- just beat out the MWC. Not saying it wouldn't be easier in the ACC or BIG, but it's not a death sentence either -- just need to be the best in the AAC and we'll get plenty of media attention and exposure.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members