Welcome to the Dorka Show

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
7564D377-7574-4C4B-80CF-5AA156D1DC79.jpeg

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I watched last night's game, and to me, Dorka looked better than she ever did at UConn. I don't recall ever seeing her go coast-to-coast at UConn, and I never saw her drive around and through an opposing big to get a layup while she was at UConn.

You expect players to continue to develop their game at the pro level, but it's only been a few months since Dorka left UConn. Were these skills something that she always had, but only showed at the pro level? Or (unlikely) did she develop those skills in the last few months?

Or is Cheryl Reeves's offensive scheme in Minnesota giving her permission to freelance that Geno never gave her? I suspect that may be part of the explanation.

As far as Rookie of the Year is concerned, I don't think Dorka is going to beat out Aliyah Boston or her own teammate Diamond Miller for that honor. But if an award were given for "best rookie who was a second-round pick", she would win it hands-down. In that department, she joins UConn alumnae Tiffany Hayes and Crystal Dangerfield (and I'm probably forgetting some others).

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I watched last night's game, and to me, Dorka looked better than she ever did at UConn. I don't recall ever seeing her go coast-to-coast at UConn, and I never saw her drive around and through an opposing big to get a layup while she was at UConn.

You expect players to continue to develop their game at the pro level, but it's only been a few months since Dorka left UConn. Were these skills something that she always had, but only showed at the pro level? Or (unlikely) did she develop those skills in the last few months?

Or is Cheryl Reeves's offensive scheme in Minnesota giving her permission to freelance that Geno never gave her? I suspect that may be part of the explanation.

As far as Rookie of the Year is concerned, I don't think Dorka is going to beat out Aliyah Boston or her own teammate Diamond Miller for that honor. But if an award were given for "best rookie who was a second-round pick", she would win it hands-down. In that department, she joins UConn alumnae Tiffany Hayes and Crystal Dangerfield (and I'm probably forgetting some others).
She’s not playing 34 minutes a game for the Lynx like she did at UConn.

Reaction Score
Watching the Lynx vs Liberty. Lynx have a double digit lead late in the 4th. Dorka looks great. She plays with a level of confidence and certainty, like she always knows what she's doing and belongs. It's really great to see.

Reaction Score
Out on the perimeter, the Lynx are handing the ball off and setting screens when Dorka gets the ball, fakes a hand-off to Macbride, keeps the ball and drives to the basket unopposed for an easy layup. It was a real thing of beauty. On the night she scores 13 pts, 10 rbs, 1asst and 1 steal. Just as important, she spends most of her defensive time near the 3 pt line guarding Stewie, who gets 23 points but on an inefficient 5 for 19 shooting. Another nice game from Dorka. By the way, Diamond Miller appears to be better and more impactful for the Lynx than does Boston for the Fever. The Lynx steal a game from the Liberty in N.Y., 88-83. Also, Engstler played and had 4 pts and 5 rbs in 13 minutes. She left the game after hurting her shoulder scrambling for a loose ball.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
My grandson and I will be at Mohegan Sun on Sunday to see the Lynx matchup with the Sun. Anxious to see Dorka play, but Pheesa did not play yesterday vs the Liberty. Good and bad scenario for me as I want to see Pheesa play but it will be easier for the Sun to win if she didn't play. LOL . The Lynx are playing well so it should be a good game. I believe the game is on CBSSN at 1:00.

Reaction Score
A couple of things from last night's game:
Lynx made Stewie's night miserable. Played her rough.
I think I mentioned it before, but coach kept Dorka in during crunch time.
I wish McBride would be a consistent in her scoring like she was last night.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Dorka`s performance in the WNBA has been eye-opening.

Although drafted late she was fortunate to go to the Lynx, a well-coached team with some needs up front due to retirement (Fowles) and injury (Sheppard).

The hope was that she would be able to stick and get some minutes. Wow, has she exceeded expectations! She has become a huge part of their team and her performance over the last month or so has been especially good.

I am looking forward to seeing her and hopefully Napheesa in person on August 1 at Mohegan Sun.

Her UConn teammates must be thrilled for her, and her success should give them confidence that they can perform at that level as well. (Well, some of them already know that!)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Dorka`s performance in the WNBA has been eye-opening.

Although drafted late she was fortunate to go to the Lynx, a well-coached team with some needs up front due to retirement (Fowles) and injury (Sheppard).

The hope was that she would be able to stick and get some minutes. Wow, has she exceeded expectations! She has become a huge part of their team and her performance over the last month or so has been especially good.

I am looking forward to seeing her and hopefully Napheesa in person on August 1 at Mohegan Sun.

Her UConn teammates must be thrilled for her, and her success should give them confidence that they can perform at that level as well. (Well, some of them already know that!)

Reaction Score
Dorka attracts a lot of attention around the league in her rookie year. Here Bally Sports talks with her about her defense.

Loved that episode. I think I have watched 15-20 times already. Great comments and Dorka has a really solid Bball IQ

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom