Welcome to the Dorka Show | The Boneyard

Welcome to the Dorka Show

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

And 1. The more defenses let her do that, the more confident she's going to become, and the more she's going to try it again. It's not every day you see a 6'5" WNBA player go coast-to-coast and score. Dorka appears to be settling in quite nicely. Quite nicely indeed. :rolleyes: I can see Lynx head coach Cheryl Reeve just grinning like a Cheshire cat after that play. :D

Did you notice that Dorka got hacked BIG time at the end of that play? :eek: BTW.........In 33 minutes, Dorka had the only double-double in her game today vs the Sparks, 16/10. Collier had 22/8 Lynx won 73-70

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dorka killing it!!!!

Her decision to go to UConn from OSU was a good one. Paid off for her big time.

Very happy for her!
Particularly for staying the second year, which was decided during the pain of a dislocation fracture of her wrist!!!!!

Huskie TOUGH as nails!!!!!

So happy that she gets to play on Pheesa's team, and is excelling!!!!

Reaction Score
I have to admit I had very low expectations for Dorka as a pro. With that said I have to say I might have been very wrong and she is having a very strong rookie season so far.

Reaction Score
Dorka's pro experience is a feel good story. What happens when Ace and Shepherd come back? I think someone has to go. I am thinking Natalie Achonwa may be odd person out.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
I have to admit I had very low expectations for Dorka as a pro. With that said I have to say I might have been very wrong and she is having a very strong rookie season so far.
Watching Dorka Juhasz play, you can see certain traits that have allowed her to be a key contributor to the Lynx this year.
FIrst, there are things you watch and just know they were drilled into her head during UConn WBB practices - screens, ball/dribble handoffs, movement without the basketball, etc.
Second, rebounding is a skill that translates fairly easily from the college game to the pros.
Finally, she can facilitate a little, whether in a high/low with Collier or passing out to a cutter to avoid a double team.

To be fair, Juhasz is getting a lot of minutes because Jessica Shepherd last played on June 11 (and Achonwa has missed the entire year while on maternity leave).
But Dorka does a lot of the things that make Shepherd a good fit for the Lynx - scoring a little, rebounding, and being able to pass/facilitate from the post.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Watching Dorka Juhasz play, you can see certain traits that have allowed her to be a key contributor to the Lynx this year.
FIrst, there are things you watch and just know they were drilled into her head during UConn WBB practices - screens, ball/dribble handoffs, movement without the basketball, etc.
Second, rebounding is a skill that translates fairly easily from the college game to the pros.
Finally, she can facilitate a little, whether in a high/low with Collier or passing out to a cutter to avoid a double team.

To be fair, Juhasz is getting a lot of minutes because Jessica Shepherd last played on June 11 (and Achonwa has missed the entire year while on maternity leave).
But Dorka does a lot of the things that make Shepherd a good fit for the Lynx - scoring a little, rebounding, and being able to pass/facilitate from the post.
Her defense has been a positive as well

Reaction Score
I like to follow our girls, but I don't watch the WNBA. From what I understand, Dorka has been the steal of this year's draft to this point.

She sure has

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
I like to follow our girls, but I don't watch the WNBA. From what I understand, Dorka has been the steal of this year's draft to this point.
Of the 2023 WNBA Draft? Yes.
Interestingly, among the top seven rookies this year, only four were drafted this year. Li Meng and Ivana Dojkic went undrafted and were signed in free agency; both are rookies, despite both being over 25 years old.
And in terms of draft steals among the rookies, Morgan Bertsch currently ranks fifth in points per game. She was a third round pick in 2019. In three consecutive seasons, Bertsch was signed to training camp contracts by the Wings but was cut before the season.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Dorka's pro experience is a feel good story. What happens when Ace and Shepherd come back? I think someone has to go. I am thinking Natalie Achonwa may be odd person out.
Agreed. I think Achonwa's best days are behind her. :(

Carnac

Reaction Score
The WNBA is easy to watch, I love it. I like to follow our girls, like Breanna Stewart, Dorka and Napheesa et al., as they move on to the professional ranks. They are still fun to watch. There are some unbelievable ballers in the league like the "Point God"........ Chelsea Gray of the Las Vegas Aces. In my opinion, the best PG in the league.

Try just watching teams with UConn alumni on it, then see if your interest and appreciation of the games grow from there. I record the games that come on free TV and watch them later at my leisure. The WNBA helps fill the gap between April and November, too.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom