Weekend recruiting visits? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Weekend recruiting visits?

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Will we see any photos or video of the Jones/Boston visit?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
MH, I haven’t said this in awhile, but as I sit here in wet and windy upstate NY, I must confess that I really hate you! ;)
Good place to be. When we were there we were told it’s the rainiest place on the planet. We had great weather but they had flooding the week before. Here in CT it’s predicted to be 80 degrees and sunny at game time. I wish.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
No wonder UConn "gets all the best players.":D

Regardless of who’s on campus this weekend, this is one coup that UConn really needs to pull off. I’m hoping every recruit that shows up this weekend becomes hopelessly inebriated by all things (the charm, character, and family atmosphere) UConn that they will experience and be exposed to this weekend. Hopefully, they've all been on enough visits to recognize the charm and uniqueness of UConn that sets it apart.

As Christyn said this summer: "People are going to feel UConn". I hope each recruit on campus this weekend "feels" UConn.

After going through Geno & CD's 4 year program at UConn, your skills and understanding of the game is unquestioned, similar to a degree from Harvard. If a recruit wants to be coached and mentored towards becoming the very best player they can possibly be, the choice is easy, come home to UConn.

Their lives will never be the same. Their athletic skills and abilities will be honed and highly polished. They'll be ready for whatever life has in store for them on and off the court. And the best thing is they'll be a Husky for life. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Didn’t she take an official to UConn? Can they give her a second?
No. Haley visited UCONN in April after her AAU team played at Boo williams. That was an unofficial visit, although I believe her Father came with her.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think our guests (official and unofficial) will be very interested in seeing how a freshman ( a true elite peer) like CW will play and whether she really looks integrated into the system. I think there may be an underlying concern among top recruits that freshman can't handle the complexities of the UConn system, environment etc. so a good well integrated CW performance can go along way imho.

By the way, would it not make sense for Aubrey Griffin to be around? Is this naive?

Reaction Score
No. Haley visited UCONN in April after her AAU team played at Boo williams. That was an unofficial visit, although I believe her Father came with her.
Check your last post again. I thought we were talking about Griffin and the possibility of her coming for a second official visit to be with Boston and Jones.

Reaction Score
I think our guests (official and unofficial) will be very interested in seeing how a freshman ( a true elite peer) like CW will play and whether she really looks integrated into the system. I think there may be an underlying concern among top recruits that freshman can't handle the complexities of the UConn system, environment etc. so a good well integrated CW performance can go along way imho.

By the way, would it not make sense for Aubrey Griffin to be around? Is this naive?
As I said in a previous post, she can be there if she and Auriemma wanted her to be. She just has to pay her own way because she has taken an official visit already.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Check your last post again. I thought we were talking about Griffin and the possibility of her coming for a second official visit to be with Boston and Jones.
My bad. Don't think Griffin has taken an official visit to UCONN yet.

Reaction Score
My bad. Don't think Griffin has taken an official visit to UCONN yet.
I could be wrong but I thought she took one just a few weeks ago and that's when she verbally committed. Maybe not.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
As I said in a previous post, she can be there if she and Auriemma wanted her to be. She just has to pay her own way because she has taken an official visit already.

Pay or not pay, she is local so it would not be a hardship I imagine.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She visited same weekend as Horston. I'm guessing that was an official visit.
You are correct I'm all twisted up. I forgot that Aubrey visited with Horston.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

No!! She's already committed. She's part of the program. I would certainly welcome her if she wanted to show up this weekend. You just have to be sure you abide by all of the NCAA rules and regs regarding "unofficial" campus visits by recruits with respect to Aubrey. She'll probably sign her LOI the first day she can.

I hope they ALL get a BIG dose of CW and her infectious personality this weekend. After spending time with her (and watching her play), who would not want to play with her? She shares the ball.
I've got a real good feeling about how things are going to transpire on campus this weekend, and I don't think it's gas. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I certainly don't expect perfection at this early date and with all of the new starters but a good solid showing in this first game would certainly benefit the team, the visiting recruits and all UConn fans.........

Reaction Score
I certainly don't expect perfection at this early date and with all of the new starters but a good solid showing in this first game would certainly benefit the team, the visiting recruits and all UConn fans....
Won't the recruits (Jones at least) be on their flights home by the time the game happens tomorrow? They can't stay more than 48 hours.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
MH, I haven’t said this in awhile, but as I sit here in wet and windy upstate NY, I must confess that I really hate you! ;)
I’m fortunate that I get to travel. I wasn’t going to mention that I’m in Kauai, but the subject of the weather in Storrs was raised. The North Shore of Kauai is very rainy. (The various Jurassic Park films were made there.) Monday was gray and wet, but the weather has been nice since—if you like 83 and sunny. I’m in Poipu, on the Southern Coast. I send all the Boneyarders “warm” wishes.

Reaction Score
Has there been any confirmation that Fudd and Bueckers are even visiting this weekend?

Reaction Score
Has there been any confirmation that Fudd and Bueckers are even visiting this weekend?

radio silence..................I'll only believe it when I see the photos right here...........

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
radio silence...I'll only believe it when I see the photos right here......
Charlie, with your track record , you will most likely suspect photoshopping even if the pics are posted. But that is understandable. These rumors are almost too good to be true! ;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I’m fortunate that I get to travel. I wasn’t going to mention that I’m in Kauai, but the subject of the weather in Storrs was raised. The North Shore of Kauai is very rainy. (The various Jurassic Park films were made there.) Monday was gray and wet, but the weather has been nice since—if you like 83 and sunny. I’m in Poipu, on the Southern Coast. I send all the Boneyarders “warm” wishes.
Kauai huh? Don't. Please. Just stop talking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom