Week of 3/11/24 Games (Conference Tournaments) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Week of 3/11/24 Games (Conference Tournaments)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Almost time for Neptune and the boys to go night night. Would have been nice to get another BE team to the dance.

Reaction Score
Atlantic 10 Semi's
5 VCU vs. 9 St. Joseph
6 Duquesne vs 7 St. Bonnie

So it will be one of the above and Dayton? Brackets had 2 from the A-10: Dayton as an 8 seed and Richmond the aq at a 12 seed. I assume Richmond is out.

Reaction Score
What a crappy possession by Nova. They winded down the shot clock and Dixon had to take a heavily contested shot. Never trust Neptune.

Reaction Score
What a crappy possession by Nova. They winded down the shot clock and Dixon had to take a heavily contested shot. Never trust Neptune.
Another ova possession where they waited too long to shoot or make a move

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Damn, that's a tough call to take away the winning basket from Marquette, especially as it was called good on the floor. A nanosecond too late leaving his hand.

Reaction Score
Damn, that's a tough call to take away the winning basket from Marquette, especially as it was called good on the floor. A nanosecond too late leaving his hand.
What a brilliant play call(s) by Shaka Smart, though.

Reaction Score
Colorado probably locks up their bid with the double digit win over Utah.
I think so especially with the recent win over Oregon. If they catch the right matchup they could win a game or two in the tourney, but no more than that. Too inconsistent but deserve to he in.

Reaction Score
I'm curious as to what they;re going to do for a coaching search. They haven't gone "outside" since they hired Rollie more than five decades ago.
@FfldCntyFan I was texting with my Nova connection like an hour after you posted this and he said he thinks Nova is going to give Neptune another season even though they know he's not the guy. He also says they're planning on going with Baker Dunleavy when they move on from Neptune which in his words would be another disaster.

I find this all so ridiculous I have trouble believing him. Nova is flush with cash and could get anyone, if there's truth to this they're going out of their way to sink their program. I really hope none of it's true or they say to themselves what the hell are we doing and start using some common sense.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
@FfldCntyFan I was texting with my Nova connection like an hour after you posted this and he said he thinks Nova is going to give Neptune another season even though they know he's not the guy. He also says they're planning on going with Baker Dunleavy when they move on from Neptune which in his words would be another disaster.

I find this all so ridiculous I have trouble believing him. Nova is flush with cash and could get anyone, if there's truth to this they're going out of their way to sink their program. I really hope none of it's true or they say to themselves what the hell are we doing and start using some common sense.
I also hope they find someone who can be for them what Hurley is for us.

They are a bit different than some schools in attitude however; they had a solid football program many decades ago (Howie Long was their last great player) but shut down the program for a few years (came back at 1AA) when there were rumors of questionable activities, then they threatened to do the same with the basketball program when the Gary McLain story broke.

One thing I find both fascinating and disturbing is what happened to Philly college basketball. When I was a kid, the Big Five was a huge deal and there were always two or three Philly schools capable of making a big run in the tournament. Temple can't find a coach, St Joe's can't find a coach, LaSalle basically got relegated to third division and Penn is nothing more than an OK Ivy program. If Nova falls by the wayside it would be a sin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom