Week of 2/5 Other Games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week of 2/5 Other Games

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This is kind of my point -- Miami, by virtue of overachieving in the Tournament last year, was given undue benefit of the doubt that they would have no problem replacing that production. This often happens to teams that have unexpected runs.

In 2022 UNC almost (and should have) won the championship as an #8 seed. They were given credit for that 6 game run more than they were downgraded for a mediocre performance over 30+ previous games, and assumed that the 6-game run and not the larger body of work would carry over into the following year. Well, look what happened.

Frankly, we this year are the rare exception of a team that unexpectedly dominates, is ranked highly the following year mostly on reputation, and then actually outperforms that ranking.
Credit to the coaching staff for replacing our lost production. Even more credit to them for maintaining the level of intensity in player development and player buy in to get the type of coalescing necessary to accomplish back to back successful seasons.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Seems like a pretty cool place to watch a game
Bramlage Coliseum? It's a tough road arena. K-State people are a little nuts.

I didn't get a chance to watch this one, it's probably a good thing.

Reaction Score
With respect to Kansas losing, if it moves them to the two line and we have to neutral site them in our bracket I believe I we would really enjoy that.

caw

Reaction Score
This is kind of my point -- Miami, by virtue of overachieving in the Tournament last year, was given undue benefit of the doubt that they would have no problem replacing that production. This often happens to teams that have unexpected runs.

In 2022 UNC almost (and should have) won the championship as an #8 seed. They were given credit for that 6 game run more than they were downgraded for a mediocre performance over 30+ previous games, and assumed that the 6-game run and not the larger body of work would carry over into the following year. Well, look what happened.

Frankly, we this year are the rare exception of a team that unexpectedly dominates, is ranked highly the following year mostly on reputation, and then actually outperforms that ranking.

I was just disagreeing with Miami majorly overachieving. They did outplay their seed, but they were underseeded as a five and should have been a 3 or 4. A final four wasn't a major upset. They were good last year. Their problem this year stems solely from not replacing Wong and Miller. They were over-rated based on their run because they didn't replace a lot of their production.

UNC was not good for most of the year in 2022 and majorly overachieved in the NCAAT as an 8 seed who basically played well for a month. They backslid last year. They were over-rated last year because they were never that good.

Reaction Score
This happened on Feb 4, Temple lost to Tulane 92-80 in OT. Outscored 16-4 in OT. This might be the worst season for Temple for hoops and football combined, last in the AAC for both. That AAC is a complete disaster.

Reaction Score
With respect to Kansas losing, if it moves them to the two line and we have to neutral site them in our bracket I believe I we would really enjoy that.
Want no part of KU in the tourney. Hoping to avoid them, Houston and Tennessee for as long as possible.

Reaction Score
Just summarizing Nick Who's performance in last evening's game: 6 mins 0, 2, 0. Their total bench (3 players) performance for 21 mins, 2, 6, 0. Bottom Line: they really have only 5 players who contribute to scoring and rebounding. IMO Not a great recipe for long term success. One serious injury and they are done.

Reaction Score
Many projections have UConn 1 KU 2 in the East. I would be all for a revenge game at full strength. We were so close to getting them in Lawrence
The boys would surely be licking their chops for a rematch with Floppsy McGee, Johnny Furby, and Nick Zero

Reaction Score

Miami also made the E8 in 2022 and lost to the eventual title winner Kansas, it's not like last year was a flash in the pan

Reaction Score
I believe that Wong was a member of each of those teams.
He was and also Jordan Miller but they still returned a core that was expected to be a tourney team and right now they're not

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It's going to be interesting to see how Purdue, Kansas, UNC are if Edey, Dickinson/McCullar, Bacot miss extended periods of time.

Reaction Score
Kind of like the UConn women have been cursed
While I don't curse the women, when I do curse I choose Kansas, Duke, uNC, and a few others............:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Nah they were never that good
Well, they went to an elite 8 and a final four in back to back seasons, so they must have been pretty good. Larranaga seems to be on a pattern there where he puts together a pretty good team, falls back for a couple of years, then has another pretty good team built up. Seems like he is on the down part of that cycle right now.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Embarrassing crowd for the Johnnies tonight.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
DePaul within 7 with 5:35 left in the first half.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom